• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Punch-Out!! characters, besides Little Mac, deserve to at least be trophies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
Because Little Mac is in, his inclusion has opened the ball game for other representation from the Punch-Out franchise. But the most prestigious spot for a character without even an assist trophy chance is certainly a collectible trophy. My opinion is Doc Louis, King Hippo, Glass Joe, Disco Kid, Mike Tyson, and the referee, among other choices.

I find this "who's going to be a trophy for this series" predicament similar to F-Zero's predicament in Brawl.

Also, I apologize if there is already a thread fir this, or if this is the wrong place for this thread.

Enjoy discussion.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Well, before I say anything else, I'd like to get things straight. Mike Tyson will most likely not be in Smash 4 in any way for multiple reasons - go figure.

Anyways, I'd say the most famous people should be included in. This means, King Hippo, Glass Joe, Mr. Dream, the referee of course, Donkey Kong (boxing ring attire), Mr. Sandman, and Don Flamenco. There are many characters to add, and I'm pretty sure the Wii U's CD memory capabilities will allow for most people to put in, but this is generally my list of characters I could see most likely making it in the game somehow. Sorry if my list is very similar to yours.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Great Tiger for an Assist Trophy, warping around and what have you.

And on the Punch-Out Stage, have King Hippo, Don Flamenco, and Mr. Sandman as a multiphase boss fight.

slambros

Smash Ace
I'm really thinking Disco Kid will be a trophy because he's the main 'newcomer' in the Wii Punch-Out!! game, if not the only one, meaning he would represent that entry.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I say:

Doc Louis (Trophy and possibly codec).
King Hippo (Boss character + Trophy)
Super Macho Man (Assist Trophy) (he's been in pretty much every Punch Out! game)
Bald Bull (Trophy) (same as Super Macho Man)
Glass Joe (Trophy)
Aran Ryan (Assist Trophy)
Fat Little Mac (Captain Rainbow)

Booster

Smash Lord
I would have to say Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull and of course Mike Tyson

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And aside from Doc Louis obviously, who was featured in Mac's trailer, so I think he's a gimme.

As far as boxers that should be trophies, I'd love all of them to be featured, but I think Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, King Hippo, Bald Bull, Super Macho, and Soda Popinski deserve it if they can't all be.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Glass Joe, Bald Bull, Mr. Sandman, Piston Honda, Great Tiger, and King Hippo. Plus Doc Louis obviously. The only ones who could ever be playable characters (and they won't be in this game) are Doc Louis and King Hippo.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Everyone from Punch Out Wii!! (Little Mac, Doc Louis, Minor Circuit, Major Circuit, World Circuit, Referee).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mike Tyson :troll:

Last edited:

Sasquatch180

Smash Rookie
I had three ideas for Punch-Out! Assist Trophies (each one being a character I want from a specific circuit.)

Minor Circuit: Disco Kid.
He'd appear and his theme would start playing, and any enemies close to him will start doing some BOXERCISE (they'll start dancing/exercising helplessly until they're knocked out of the Aoe or he disappears.)

Major Circuit: Great Tiger
He will start spawning his illusions which will charge and attack players, with the number of clones equal to the amount of enemies. These illusions are a bit strong, and can be killed (they'll have a percentage meter as well). They will disappear along with Great Tiger after the effect ends.

World Circuit: Aran Ryan
He will use his Boxing Whip (Boxing Glove tied with rope that he uses as a whip) to smack players around, and if a player is holding an item he will use his whip to steal said item and throw it somewhere random

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think all of the boxers (and Doc Louis) from the Punch-Out Wii game will make it in as collectable trophies. Well, except for DK of course.

I'd like to see the Super Punch Out version of Little Mac in this game somehow.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I say:

Doc Louis (Trophy and possibly codec).
King Hippo (Boss character + Trophy)
Super Macho Man (Assist Trophy) (he's been in pretty much every Punch Out! game)
Bald Bull (Trophy) (same as Super Macho Man)
Glass Joe (Trophy)
Aran Ryan (Assist Trophy)
Fat Little Mac (Captain Rainbow)
^Pretty much this, except also add Piston Honda as a possible trophy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Was the :troll: not a give away that I was joking?
Or is that something you just shouldn't joke about?
I believe he was also joking and giving you a hint about who he's actually talking about. Cough.

I hope KH is in this game.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I think it's highly possible for all of the Wii Boxers to be trophies. If they're not, however, here's my prediction list:

Glass Joe
Von Kaiser
Disco Kid
King Hippo
Great Tiger
Bald Bull
Super Macho Man
Mr. Sandman
Donkey Kong (Boxing Gear)
Doc Louis
Big Mac

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
King Hippo should be an Assist Trophy, then get promoted to playable character status in SSB5. :grin:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Glass Joe could be an amusing assist trophy. It could be that he'll punch anyone with weak blows, but there's a 1/100 chance that it'll be an instant KO (since out of his 100 matches, his only win is with Nick Bruiser, the champion of Super Punch Out). Aside from him, I could easily imagine Bald Bull as an assist trophy using his Bull Charge.

For normal trophies, I think Doc Louis, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Macho Man, and Bald Bull would be good since they're some of the most iconic characters in the series.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm gonna make a wild guess. I know it's a long shot, so bare with me:
Doc Louis

Misinko

Smash Cadet
I'd have Glass Joe as a collectible trophy just for the lulz, and I'd probably have Von Kiaser, Aryan Ryan, and Mr. Sandman as assist trophies.

King Hippo, Disco Kid, and Great Tiger would also be pretty cool collectible trophies for just how diverse and interesting they are.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King Hippo should be an Assist Trophy, then get promoted to playable character status in SSB5. :grin:
Yes! King Hippo is my second most wanted Punch-Out!! character after Little Mac. I support King Hippo for Smash 5!

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
heres my idea: the punch-out assist trophy could be this: all the fighters sans little mac and donkey kong would appear randomly. they all function the same as little mac from brawl but they all vary in strength (glass joe, wouldnt even make anyone flinch, yet super macho man or mister sandman would be insanely dangerous) the assist trophy could just be called "punch-out!" and like the games they CAN be defeated, but again how fast they are defeated depends on the fighter, glass joe would be easiest while mister sandman would take some abuse, but they do disapear after a set amount of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom