• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other Tekken characters would you like to see become playable in Smash?

2nd Tekken Character?

• Heihachi Mishima

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Jin Kazama

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Nina Williams

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Paul Phoenix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshimitsu

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • King

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Heihachi would probably be the most appropriate from an importance standpoint, but my favorite charaters (I played Tekken 6) were Dragunov, Miguel, and Brian Fury. Imagine Dragunov as a Snake echo! Those do not make much sense, however. Jin would otherwise be the most sensible choice.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’d definitely love to see Jin in Smash, but I think Heihachi would be the best pick for a second Tekken rep. Both Heihachi AND Kazuya were in the first two Tekken games. And Tekken Tag Tournament 1.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Honestly, I really hope Kazuya will stay in Smah 6.
I would say Heihachi for spot number two, if any, but I'm content with it just being Kazuya as well, the fact that TEKKEN has been represented in Smash has just warmed my heart so much.

Oh, and thank GOD it was not Jin. (Just my preference).

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The bear. Put in the bear.
I can see Kuma being a spirit first, or perhaps an assist trophy. He is closely associated with the Mishima enough that he could see presence withing Smash Bros., yet has enough information about him to guide his design as such. In fact, I think that would likely fill this capacity anyway.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'd be down for another grappler so my vote would be King. Kazuya fills the Mishima slot, which I don't think every new Tekken rep needs to be related. If they wanted to go the echo route again Jin could be an echo as he used Kazuya's move set in Tekken 3 since Kazuya wasn't in the game though could give him a mild Ken treatment and swap out some of his own moves to show he was deviating from the classic Mishima style before garnering his own move set in later games (With Devil Jin's kit basically being Kazuya's again but with a few new additions to make use of his devil form).

But for an entirely new, non echo rep King would be neat but really, any other non-Mishima would be A-OK in my book.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I'd be down for another grappler so my vote would be King. Kazuya fills the Mishima slot, which I don't think every new Tekken rep needs to be related. If they wanted to go the echo route again Jin could be an echo as he used Kazuya's move set in Tekken 3 since Kazuya wasn't in the game though could give him a mild Ken treatment and swap out some of his own moves to show he was deviating from the classic Mishima style before garnering his own move set in later games (With Devil Jin's kit basically being Kazuya's again but with a few new additions to make use of his devil form).

But for an entirely new, non echo rep King would be neat but really, any other non-Mishima would be A-OK in my book.
King would be a very fun, dynamic, grappler full of painful command grab sequences, leaps, and body slams. Perhaps he could borrow some moves from Incineroar (though I know nothing about Incineroar).

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Jin was my pick for a Tekken rep, but I think Heihachi would be next in line if we somehow got 2 of them

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
I like Yoshimitsu and King the best, but we already have Incineroar as our tiger wrestler. Kuma sounds too absurd to be believable but it sure as hell would be fun too, I'm not sure if Gon even counts but him too.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I see a LOT of comments around YouTube and Gamefaqs regarding "why" it was Kazuya and not Heihachi, blaming the death of Heihachi's voice actor.
Now, while it's super sad that the recent voice actor died, people are misinformed as hell, believing that Heihachi have only had 1 voice actor, but to be honest, he have had 4 in Japanese and 3 in English, so the respect for the recent VA is a bit of a weak reasoning in my opinion.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Little surprised Heihachi wasn't in. I always thought the rep from Tekken would be him because he's in a million crossover games and the smash community won't stop talking about him. I don't really care about him though, but I'm not Tekken player (yet).

As for my personal wants: I'd actually want Yoshimitsu. After doing a little research on the characters, he's been around since the start of Tekken and Soul Caliber so that's pretty awesome. I love oddball characters, and I'm sure a lot of casual players love that too. However it is a Tekken character so he should be good competitively as well. Apparently this guy has more moves than most characters in Tekken (only King and Eddy have more if you go by official move list). I love options and that seems to be the focus of this character in my quick glance at his stuff, so I'd love the creativity that people would have if he got in.

I was originally going to pick Jin Kazama because he's more of my style visually and he's a "tragic hero" apparently, and I'm a sucker for that. I'm not sure how hyped people would be for this character though, especially since he is a bit more "normal" compared to other characters in Tekken it seems. What are the chances we'll get 2 Kazama characters instead of having someone more unique from Tekken? At least he's more likely to get in as an echo fighter in the distance future though.

King, and any of the animal characters would be loved by many though. Probably a joke but half the time I hear about Tekken, people love mentioning it has a playable Panda. Would totally fit with smash for sure.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I voted for King for my selfish desire of having my second favorite in Smash alongside my top favorite.

But I feel Jin is the logical next step for Tekken in Smash, and I'd be 1000% fine with it.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Jin as Kazuya's echo fighter.
No. I think he should be more than a echo of Kazuya, also in cannon he used to have the same fighting style as Heihachi and Kazuya (Mishima Style Fighting Karate) combined with his mom's fighting style (Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts) But it was just used in Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament 1 as he repaced it with Kyokushin-ish Karate from Tekken 4 onwards so his Smash moveset could be based on his fighting style from the later games.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If Lee were brought in, he could be a 'foil' for Kazuya. I say this since he is related by adoption (If I am correct), and has a fighting style that incorporates elements of a combat method that emphasizes intercept and disruption-- a counter to Kazuya, whose demeanor suggests a fighter that is calculating, and patient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom