• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other Kid Icarus: Uprising character is most likely to join Pit in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
Masahiro Sakurai is known for his role as essentially the father of the Super Smash Bros. franchise, but he has also done some other work. His most recent work aside from the Smash games was Kid Icarus: Uprising
and this was reflected in the fact that Pit was announced as a character on the Super Smash Bros. 4 roster from the very beginning. Could this mean that Sakurai will probably bring in at least one more character from Kid Icarus: Uprising?
Source: List O’ Games: 5 Kid Icarus: Uprising characters who could show up in Super Smash Bros 4

As you all can see from my article, I think Dark Pit is the most likely addition. What do you all think?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still don't understand this thing about wanting "dark" characters being separate characters. -.-
It's Palutena who has the greatest chance in my eyes. For one, she's been in all 3 KI games (not even Medusa was in all 3), and has played major roles in each of em. Next, she surely has displayed potential moves in Uprising, mostly noted during her boss battle. What she has that Dark Pit lacks is being more unique, rather than just being another Pit, with a bit of attitude. I'm sorry to have to say it, but assuming if Smash4 will have alt costumes, Pit's pretty much gonna have that dark costume again, which would easily break the dark one's chances, who I don't even support.

In short, Palutena has the best chance, and it should not be questioned. The only concern is needing to change Pit's Final Smash, which is possible due to Uprising's potential influence.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dark Pit? Really...?

Dark characters should remain palette swaps, nothing more.

Palutena has a high chance given her importance and potential, (at least from what I know) and Medusa has a good chance as she's been around since the start, is a villain, and it'd also be nice to have a female villain playable for a change, but there is a bit of debate between which villain has a better chance; Medusa or Hades.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Going to have to disagree with just about everything in that article. How you could put Dyntos ahead of anyone I can't fathom, let alone all of the major antagonists. Dark Pit would be a pointless addition and a terrible waste of a character slot.

Here's my predictions, based on character importance, popularity, and what new elements each would bring to the game.

Likely
Palutena

Plausible
Medusa

Unlikely
Hades
Viridi
Dark Pit
Magnus

Longshots
Pyrrhon
Phosphora

Practically impossible
Twinbellows
Gaol
Hewdraw
Great Reaper
Pandora
Poseidon
Thanatos
Cragalanche
Arlon
Chariot Master
Amazon Pandora
Dyntos

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I hope Amazon Pandora. ^^

Palutena is a character with mind. She shouldn't fight. Pandora is an elegant fighter. And maybe she would has funny moves. For example:

König Dedede throws with Items. Why shouldn't Pandora use her Pandoras Boxes / the treasures from recon spring as down A? Snake could digs his land mines too. Pandora is the goddes of insidiousness / illusions. And if you are lucky, the treasures leave an item. ^^ The treasures could be a mini box and its bigger if you are catch the trap. ^^ It would replace the curry. xD

And the mirror hearts are nice too. ^^ She has teleport like Zelda and can use a top spin kick. ^^ Zelda / Shiek and Pandora would be a nice duo.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
On the Pittoo, he's indeed relatively cheaper to develop than, say, Palutena. Even supposing Sakurai changes every move of his so it's different than whatever that Pit uses, chances are there are some ideas for Pit's moves that were unused for various reasons. Dark Pit can reuse majority of those more or less verbatim. However the thing is that difference of money is not that big if Sakurai doesn't want to have a straight clone, and he probably doesn't want another one in the collection. Even jumping animation of Luigi was changed despite him being quite different from Mario as of Brawl. Also note that while Sakurai decides over the game's roster, he would probably be consulted by marketing teams, and those probably remember reactions to Sony revealing a Pittoo-like in PSASBR. (Yes, there are some differences between this situation and that, but there are also similarities.)

Supposing that Sakurai doesn't go self-crazy, I expect the SSB4 to not contain "episodic" characters from KI:U. What constitutes an episodic character? Well, let's see in how many levels of KI:U did they appear (in conversations or otherwise). If my calculations aren't wrong, we can see some kind of magic barrier at 3 levels, with Magnus, Pyrrhon, Chaos Kin and Pandora ending up somewhere around there. Heck, Medusa got in to total of 4 chapters, but she has the privilege of being primary villain of the first game.

So far, this line of thought leaves us with Palutena, Medusa, Dark Pit, Hades, and Viridi. However Viridi is notable as one of characters that you never fight in KI:U, and I read somewhere - was that TVTropes? - speculation that's because beating up somebody looking like a small girl was considered unreasonable. I agree with this being a plausible reason, and if it's true, it damages her Smash chances too. Then again, Toon Link and Villager are small boys, right? So I won't dismiss Viridi yet, but please keep it in thought.

I will dismiss Hades, but not because of him being the devil archetype or anything. It's more of combination of other factors. Point one, he is a walking spoiler. Not that Sheik is not, but I guess Sakurai will be less willing to spoil his own story. Point two, we have no idea how would we fight. Note that this doesn't mean no moveset potential. It's just that we only meet him in person when he's fed up on souls. Still better then Viridi, I guess. Point three, he would make a better stage or boss if there are any, with him being too big his body regrowing abilities. Point four, Hades said we'll see each other in 25 years. Could be lying.

Back to Viridi, she could have a very interesting moveset. I envision it as some sort of neverending Reset Bomb lite: plant growing magic, minion summoning, et caetera - but it's just me. Pittoo can do anything Pit can, we've seen Palutena fight in a Smash-adaptable way, and Medusa... Well, here the things start to be interesting. While the way she fought is not something you expect to be very easily convertible to Smash, she's technically Palutena's sister. So cloning potential doesn't stop at Dark Pit!

Anyway, here's my expectations:
  • Pit wouldn't probably be revealed that early without some additions from franchise planned.
  • We'll see just Dark Pit only if the development team is really rushing after time/money.
  • Otherwise, can't see anybody but Palutena taking the second slot.
  • If there is a third slot, Pittoo/Medusa/Viridi will take it. Pittoo if Sakurai doesn't care about cloning at all, Medusa/Viridi otherwise, rather Medusa because she's older ingame and outgame.
  • The character from the third slot won't necessarily unlock/reveal after Palutena.
  • There is a small probability of two of those, probably Pittoo+Medusa, replacing Palutena in case of, for example, somebody going crazy against Pit fighting Palutena because Pit's a devout angel, or because it's a spoiler. Smash being Smash and KI being KI, I find this unlikely.
  • In the totally radical case of KI gaining more slots, all bets are off, including Palutena and 3rd slot.
  • Sakurai being Sakurai, I'm taking my conscience with a grain of salt.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If we had a second Kid Icarus representative, I would want it to be either Palutena or Dark Pit.

As a playable character, Palutena has so much potential, at least in mine opinion. I would like her moveset to consist primarily of indirect magickal attacks.

Dark Pit, obviously, would be a semi clone of Pit. Compared to Pit, Dark Pit's moves could be much more brutal and aggressive. He could also have different special attacks from Pit, given the many weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering about how the 'must originate in videogames' rule applies to Kid Icarus.

Pit and Palutena, though based on mythological figures have different names and can get in under that technicality.

But what about Hades and Medusa?

Medusa's role is very different to her mythological counterpart (who wasn't a god), but her name and appearance are clearly taken from the legends. Hades, on the other hand, is still filling the same function as Lord of the Underworld, albeit more fabulously than most myths would have you believe. Depending on how strict this rule is, Pandora would also be locked out, as well as Poseidon and Thanatos.

It does leave the door nicely open for Viridi, Magnus, Phosphora and Pyrrhon.

Not a prediction, just thoughts. If you want my prediction for a third slot after Palutena I would still predict Medusa.

D

Deleted member

If there was going to be a second Kid Icarus rep, it would most likely be Palutena... though personally I think Kid Icarus is going to stick with one rep.

I think other characters with a decent chance are Medusa and Hades as they are popular villains and are important to the plot of Uprising. (and Medusa was the original villain in the original Kid Icarus)

I find the Uprising stage to de-confirm Viridi (in my opinion) and Magnus has only appeared in three chapters in Uprising... Sakurai would have to be begged to put this guy in. Dark Pit should remain a palette swap for Pit in SSB4.

Other characters are pretty much long-shots.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pretty much what some have said before. Palutena only, who has the highest chance outta the other KI characters. I'll still never understand this Dark Pit thing though.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much what some have said before. Palutena only, who has the highest chance outta the other KI characters. I'll still never understand this Dark Pit thing though.
I guess because Dark Pit is a highly popular character and you could theoretically give him an original moveset thanks to the tons of weapons in Uprising. Though, I bet his addition would leave some SSB fans bitter as there could be scenarios like, "I wish this character got in, but Dark Pit got in instead!"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess because Dark Pit is a highly popular character and you could theoretically give him an original moveset thanks to the tons of weapons in Uprising. Though, I bet his addition would leave some SSB fans bitter as there could be scenarios like, "I wish this character got in, but Dark Pit got in instead!"

I wouldn't blame them. I myself would be bitter. I mean before Brawl, Dark Pit was just a popular alt color for Pit. The only differences in the looks of Brawl's DP costume vs Uprising DP are blue eyes and a black laurel crown as opposed to red eyes and a gold laurel crown (the same one Pit has). Although we have yet to confirm that characters will have alt color costumes just yet, I just don't think Dark Pit is worth being a part of the roster. Despite looking similar to Pit with different colors and able to use different weapons (that Pit could use in Uprising anyways), is he really deserving of a spot on the roster, especially over Palutena? Until the Goddess of Light is confirmed, I won't even be thinking about a 3rd KI rep, and that's just a reasonable thought on my part.
However, Dark Pit might be a collectible trophy (if trophies return) at the very least, but he does not deserve a spot on the roster imo.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I'd have to guess/assume that Palutena would be the most likely to join alongside Kid Icarus in SSB4 as she has boobies.

Also because she is extremely important and well-known within the series. She'd be able to give a more unique moveset and would generally be interesting to say the least.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
If we had a second Kid Icarus representative, I would want it to be either Palutena or Dark Pit.

As a playable character, Palutena has so much potential, at least in mine opinion. I would like her moveset to consist primarily of indirect magickal attacks.

Dark Pit, obviously, would be a semi clone of Pit. Compared to Pit, Dark Pit's moves could be much more brutal and aggressive. He could also have different special attacks from Pit, given the many weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
I agree with you. ^^ Its possible because SSBM and SSBB have two Links. Why it wouldn't be possible to add Pit and Darkpit? There is a bigger different between Pit and Darkpit than Link and young link or toon link and Link. ^^ Its possible for Darkpit to use some powers, but I'm sure it will not happen.

In my opinion, Palutena is to OP. Think about Palutenas Glamblaster / Superlaser in chapter 3 heads of the hewdraw. Okay she can uses her attacks from boss battles, but I think, its unsuitable for competetive Smash. ^^

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I agree with you. ^^ Its possible because SSBM and SSBB have two Links. Why it wouldn't be possible to add Pit and Darkpit? There is a bigger different between Pit and Darkpit than Link and young link or toon link and Link. ^^ Its possible for Darkpit to use some powers, but I'm sure it will not happen.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my opinion, Palutena is to OP. Think about Palutenas Glamblaster / Superlaser in chapter 3 heads of the hewdraw. Okay she can uses her attacks from boss battles, but I think, its unsuitable for competetive Smash. ^^

NNID
Majorasmask66
personally i want hades. he isnt very unlikely but he also isnt likely. id say he has a 40% chance of making it in. Now palutena should make it in. i also want her in but i would rather see hades but, palutena just needs to be in. hopefully there will be three kid icarus representatives so Hades can make it in.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I personally think Viridi or Palutena would be most likely. But if I chose, it would be Pyrrhon.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I would say Palutena and Magnus (being playable and all) have the best shot. Hades would make for an awesome boss battle.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Without a doubt, Palutena is the likeliest, but Dark Pit, Medusa and Magnus also have their chances, however low.

The only reason I can see Dark Pit being in could be if Sakurai wanted to add him at the last minute clone, though I won't deny that he could just appear as a color swap for Pit or as a completely unique character thanks to the vast amount of weapons in Uprising.

Furthermore, Dark Pit is a popular character among the KI fandom and is fairly important in Uprising, alongside Palutena, Hades and Viridi. Hell, Dark Pit's role is arguably more important than Medusa and Magnus.

Anyway, I think Palutena is the likeliest character. I liked Dark Pit in Uprising and would like to see him, but I'm not expecting him to appear.

Though I do admit that, if he gets revealed, I'm going to love to see the reactions around here and GameFAQs. All the rage and all of the butthurt would make Dark Pit's inclusion quite worthwhile...

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I can't disagree. ^^

We know Sakurai is very good at making suprises. Plus he is creative. This is a reasen why I think it's not a problem to add darkpit.

Palutena has more chance yes... but I really want to see dark pit.

To add Palutena AND Darkpit would be GREAT! xD :)

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
I really really want Medusa to get in. She would be the first female villain in Smash. If Dark Pit gets in over her, I'll be seriously pissed. >:C Sakurai specifically said he wanted to add characters that brought something new to the series, and clone characters are definitely not that.

Don't think Hades should be in over her either, he was only introduced in Uprising and she's got seniority. She was also a major villain in Uprising as well.

Palutena would be nice though, but I'd still choose Medusa over her. Medusa is more original. But both getting in would be great.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Palutena and Magnus, those are the most likely in my eyes.
I personally go for Orcos from myths and monster:

But i also personally think a new KI characters will be boring... so, no body really.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I want Medusa!
Yeah, it's stupid but is what I want!
Sorry :(

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'd say Palutena is most likely to be in SSB4 along with Pit.

I could see some Kid Icarus: Uprising characters as either assist or collectable trophies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta go with Palutena. She's sorta of like the Zelda of the series, if that makes sense. And another magic user is welcomed in my book.

Other than that, I'd say that Magnus would be a decent choice, but only if Sakurai and the devs really wanted a heavy hitter. But I suppose other characters can offer that kind of style too, not to mention we already have Ike and DeDeDe as heavy weapon fighters. So he might look less unique with those two still around. Medusa would be the best choice for a villain, since she's been around the longest.

Dark Pit would likely stay as a color palette. But he could theoretically become his own character, simply by using the vast amount of weapons available in Kid Icarus Uprising. Though, I have my doubts of that happening honestly.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Other than Palutena (who I believe is the most likely candidate to be in SSB4), the other candidates from the franchise would be Dark Pit, Magnus, Viridi and Medusa as well although I'm not very sure about their chances of being playable.

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Palutena has the highest chance, as she would be recognizable to people who haven't played KI:U as she appeared in Pit's final smash in SSBB.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena is, without a doubt, the likeliest character from the Kid Icarus series to join the fight. She's the second most prominent character in the franchise, after all.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Going to have to disagree with just about everything in that article. How you could put Dyntos ahead of anyone I can't fathom, let alone all of the major antagonists. Dark Pit would be a pointless addition and a terrible waste of a character slot.

Here's my predictions, based on character importance, popularity, and what new elements each would bring to the game.

Likely
Palutena

Plausible
Medusa

Unlikely
Hades
Viridi
Dark Pit
Magnus

Longshots
Pyrrhon
Phosphora

Practically impossible
Twinbellows
Gaol
Hewdraw
Great Reaper
Pandora
Poseidon
Thanatos
Cragalanche
Arlon
Chariot Master
Amazon Pandora
Dyntos
That's the answer I can agree. Medusa as a plausible one and while most people are expecting Palutena, I wouldn't be surprised if Medusa were in the roster instead of Palutena. (I also think Medusa is a more interesting character after all)

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
That's the answer I can agree. Medusa as a plausible one and while most people are expecting Palutena, I wouldn't be surprised if Medusa were in the roster instead of Palutena. (I also think Medusa is a more interesting character after all)
To be honest I'd be thrilled with any Kid Icarus character addition that isn't Dark Pit or Magnus.

Viridi would be my choice if my decision was final.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How many female Nintendo villains are there? Those I can name off the top of my head: Medusa, Mother Brain, Veran, Twinrova, Shadow Queen... yeah, stumped; I'm sure there are more, but none come to mind. Not many compared to male villains. How many are recurring antagonists in their respective series? Of the listed: Medusa, Mother Brain, and to a lesser degree Twinrova. Medusa is a staple of the Kid Icarus series. Mother Brain is a staple of the Metroid Series, though Ridley takes the crown as "main antagonist".

Medusa could be the first female villain. We need her. Palutena would be a great addition, but Medusa would be greater. I would love if both Palutena and Medusa made it into Smash 4. They're both capable of bringing new gameplay to the table, are equally interesting (I personally dig Medusa more), serve as light/dark counterparts in a way (without copping out with the "dark version" route), would solidify the Kid Icarus series in great representation, and would add +2 females and +1 villain to the roster. We need this diversity.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Dark Pit > Viridi > Medusa
Personality wise.

I still wouldn't put him in Smash but I found him more entertaining than the other two. Palutena and Dark Pit are my two favorite characters in that game and I'm fine with just Palutena getting in. Dark Pit will probably be an alt anyways.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I would preffer the most likley, Queen Palutena. She would be an interessting addition to the Roster, I'm sure of it. And Dark Pit can be a costume or somewhat convertion of Pit. (Not Individual Characters, Same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom