• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other Kid Icarus: Uprising character is most likely to join Pit in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit > Viridi > Medusa
Personality wise.

I still wouldn't put him in Smash but I found him more entertaining than the other two. Palutena and Dark Pit are my two favorite characters in that game and I'm fine with just Palutena getting in. Dark Pit will probably be an alt anyways.
You got the symbols wrong: Dark Pit < Viridi < Medusa ;)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think Palutena have better chances, but Medusa is the one we need.

Magnus is the only character that would dissapoint me if he become playable.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I don't think that Palutena would be a new character in SSB4... Pit needs Palutena to fly and she controls him during the flight. ( Anime short Thanatos Rising shows that and she said it in some chapters ). It would be strange if Palutena fights against Pit in a battle and Pit have to fly up. ^^

After this point Medusa... Sakurai needs a story to explain why Medusa is back. But he said he wouldn't create a new Smash Bros Story. That would be strange too if Medusa is suddenly back. The same applies to Hades. The Kid Icarus Uprising story is ( unfortunetly ) finished. ^^

Viridi sends resetbombs in the new Kid Icarus Uprising stage. Without Viridi, no resetbomb will be send to the stage / area. ^^

Plus they are gods and gods are very OP. ^^

I think he would add a survivers to SSB4...

Dark pit ( because we have Link and Toon-Link, Fox + Falco.... why he shouldn't add Pittwo in SSB4? Because he is a clone? ^^ In Melee... we had Marth + Roy, Mario + Doctor Mario, Pikachu + Pichu... and some replaces with similiar characters like Mewtwo ---> Lucario. ) Plus Pit two could have a staff ( this would be new in SSB4 ) or claws or a club..... ^^ No character have this kind of weapons. ^^

Magnus: Okay I think he has the lowest chance of all, because we have a lot of fighters with swords. But he is in Kid Icarus Uprising the most powerful humanly swordfighter all the time. I think Ike will be replaced by a new Fire Emblem character and Magnus could be maybe one of a strong fighter to fill the Rooster. ^^

Phospora: She is female and I think this is an important point to add Phosphora to SSB4. She could be edited by Sakurai for new attacks. ^^ ( The same for Magnus ^^ )

I hope Kid Icarus franchies gets so many characters like the Mario and Zelda franchises.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Smash Bros is not really a game where logic applies, so having Palutena and/or Medusa isn't really a problem.

For the Zelda series, whe have Toon Link who comes from another timeline than the Twilight Princess Link & Zelda. Plus, in Brawl, Ganondorf is back (if we consider Brawl happening after TP), and without his wound. So having Medusa coming back isn't a problem.
And we can team up Link & Ganondorf against Zelda. Same applies to Mario, Bowser and Peach.

Let's consider it's Viridi allowing Pit to fly in SSB4 :troll:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Palutena would be a new character in SSB4... Pit needs Palutena to fly and she controls him during the flight. ( Anime short Thanatos Rising shows that and she said it in some chapters ). It would be strange if Palutena fights against Pit in a battle and Pit have to fly up. ^^

After this point Medusa... Sakurai needs a story to explain why Medusa is back. But he said he wouldn't create a new Smash Bros Story. That would be strange too if Medusa is suddenly back. The same applies to Hades. The Kid Icarus Uprising story is ( unfortunetly ) finished. ^^

Viridi sends resetbombs in the new Kid Icarus Uprising stage. Without Viridi, no resetbomb will be send to the stage / area. ^^

Dark pit ( because we have Link and Toon-Link, Fox + Falco.... why he shouldn't add Pittwo in SSB4? Because he is a clone? ^^ In Melee... we had Marth + Roy, Mario + Doctor Mario, Pikachu + Pichu... and some replaces with similiar characters like Mewtwo ---> Lucario. ) Plus Pit two could have a staff ( this would be new in SSB4 ) or claws or a club..... ^^ No character have this kind of weapons. ^^

Magnus: Okay I think he has the lowest chance of all, because we have a lot of fighters with swords. But he is in Kid Icarus Uprising the most powerful humanly swordfighter all the time. I think Ike will be replaced by a new Fire Emblem character and Magnus could be maybe one of a strong fighter to fill the Rooster. ^^

Phospora: She is female and I think this is an important point to add Phosphora to SSB4. She could be edited by Sakurai for new attacks. ^^ ( The same for Magnus ^^ ) Why are people still thinking being a female character is THE argument that may allow females with less importance in the series to get in before any other male character. Sorry, but this is just ridiculous. Listen: Magnus is more relevant than Phosphora while both aren't relevant enough to get into the SSB4 roster.

If you really thinking being a god or goddess is an argument that makes the inclusion nearly impossible, then go ahead. But if so, we won't get any 2nd representation for Kid Icarus.

Magnus or Phosphora may be assist trophies, but I can't see them being playable because they aren't that important even in the one game they are in.

My point is the following: The only relevant characters from Kid Icarus:Uprising are Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa, Hades and Viridi. So no gods and goddesses means we could only get Dark Pit who won't be in beside an alternative costume of Pit.

I hope Kid Icarus franchies gets so many characters like the Mario and Zelda franchises.
I think Kid Icarus has many interesting characters, but there is no way Kid Icarus could get 4 spots or even 5. I don't want to destroy hopes, but I know with such high expectations/hopes for SSB4, you will be disappointed. So keep your wishes down. Kid Icarus will at the very best get 2 spots(one being Pit of course)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Alrighty, time to bring out my opinions on the characters.

-Palutena: Like I always said, she is the one most likely to be the 2nd rep if the KI franchise gets one. To the best of my knowledge, she practically is the only one besides Pit who's been in and played major rules in all 3 KI games, that of which not even Medusa was, who was absent in "Of Myths & Monsters". Then also being the one to appear in Brawl, as a mere image of Pit's Final Smash, and a trophy, not to mention the one Pit SSE cutscene which wasn't much, but she was there. The potential escalates with KI:U, which has her as a boss twice, with potential moves she can use, but that isn't all she could be limited to. She could obviously use some moves from her boss battle, but also make use of improved versions of the "Powers" she let Pit use (Like Reflect Barrier), and let's not forget her staff that she can use to whack others with. She could shapely become a tall, semi-strong, semi-heavyweight character whose style is defensive and zoning while making use of projectiles.
She does have her chances for interesting moves that some of us probably would never thought of. I mean look at Rosalina having interesting moves, including that galaxy thing appearing from her dress (intention to be hilarious). Imagine what Sakurai could make Palutena have if she gets in. But like I said again, she has the highest chance to be the 2nd KI rep, whether some want to deny it or not.

-Medusa: While it is true that she would be interesting and we've yet to have a female villain, implying that there's boss battles in this game, I kinda see her as a potential KI boss representative (if not Twinbellows) rather than a character, but that's just me. I won't mind if she's in, but I will be angry if she makes it in and not Palutena. As for the Final Smash should she get in, there's always detaching her head to become the classic monster Medusa and having that dark laser breath like in the battle but what do I know?

-Dark Pit: Gonna say no, no, and no. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Pit's previous black-colored alt costume from Brawl was updated to look like Dark Pit by actually having the right-colored Laurel crown and eyes. Other than that, not a separate character. It's not that I don't like him much, it's just I ain't fond of identical characters getting in to waste spots, like with Melee having clones, mostly noted of what I mean, Dr. Mario and Pichu, though the former annoyed me more.

-Magnus: I just don't like him too much, and we only get to see him a few times. Besides, he'd kinda remind me of Ike too much, without the fire. As one said before, he isn't too important to the KIU story much I think. So I'm not for him.

-Phosphora: As much as I like her, and that she's likely built to be a shocking electric-based fighter, she isn't that important to the KIU story either, doesn't even appear as much as Magnus, despite her to be more interesting than said swordsman imo. But like I said, I like Phosphora, but she really doesn't have much chances at all. Maybe as an Assist Trophy at best.

I rather not talk about the other characters for different reasons, including some that I feel are impossible to be in and such. As for Viridi, there's that 3ds stage of Chapter 11 with the Reset Bomb Forest. I assume she'll be in the background after the explosion just like in KIU.

Took a while to type it all and think, but I hope it helps.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Alrighty, time to bring out my opinions on the characters.

-Palutena: Like I always said, she is the one most likely to be the 2nd rep if the KI franchise gets one. To the best of my knowledge, she practically is the only one besides Pit who's been in and played major rules in all 3 KI games, that of which not even Medusa was, who was absent in "Of Myths & Monsters". Then also being the one to appear in Brawl, as a mere image of Pit's Final Smash, and a trophy, not to mention the one Pit SSE cutscene which wasn't much, but she was there. The potential escalates with KI:U, which has her as a boss twice, with potential moves she can use, but that isn't all she could be limited to. She could obviously use some moves from her boss battle, but also make use of improved versions of the "Powers" she let Pit use (Like Reflect Barrier), and let's not forget her staff that she can use to whack others with. She could shapely become a tall, semi-strong, semi-heavyweight character whose style is defensive and zoning while making use of projectiles.
She does have her chances for interesting moves that some of us probably would never thought of. I mean look at Rosalina having interesting moves, including that galaxy thing appearing from her dress (intention to be hilarious). Imagine what Sakurai could make Palutena have if she gets in. But like I said again, she has the highest chance to be the 2nd KI rep, whether some want to deny it or not.

-Medusa: While it is true that she would be interesting and we've yet to have a female villain, implying that there's boss battles in this game, I kinda see her as a potential KI boss representative (if not Twinbellows) rather than a character, but that's just me. I won't mind if she's in, but I will be angry if she makes it in and not Palutena. As for the Final Smash should she get in, there's always detaching her head to become the classic monster Medusa and having that dark laser breath like in the battle but what do I know?

-Dark Pit: Gonna say no, no, and no. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Pit's previous black-colored alt costume from Brawl was updated to look like Dark Pit by actually having the right-colored Laurel crown and eyes. Other than that, not a separate character. It's not that I don't like him much, it's just I ain't fond of identical characters getting in to waste spots, like with Melee having clones, mostly noted of what I mean, Dr. Mario and Pichu, though the former annoyed me more.

-Magnus: I just don't like him too much, and we only get to see him a few times. Besides, he'd kinda remind me of Ike too much, without the fire. As one said before, he isn't too important to the KIU story much I think. So I'm not for him.

-Phosphora: As much as I like her, and that she's likely built to be a shocking electric-based fighter, she isn't that important to the KIU story either, doesn't even appear as much as Magnus, despite her to be more interesting than said swordsman imo. But like I said, I like Phosphora, but she really doesn't have much chances at all. Maybe as an Assist Trophy at best.

I rather not talk about the other characters for different reasons, including some that I feel are impossible to be in and such. As for Viridi, there's that 3ds stage of Chapter 11 with the Reset Bomb Forest. I assume she'll be in the background after the explosion just like in KIU.

Took a while to type it all and think, but I hope it helps.

Those are good points, I can't agree more. Well I'd prefer Medusa over Palutena (Palutena is my third most wanted character, Medusa is the first), and I see more Hades as boss battle, but it's definitely true that Palutena have more chances than the queen of the underworld.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Palutena for sure. She had a cameo in brawl and was a boss in ki u.

She would be a magic user like zelda, and she can use her staff, a first for the game (if krystal doesnt make it in)

She has more prominence than any other character,

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, Smash Bros is not really a game where logic applies, so having Palutena and/or Medusa isn't really a problem.

For the Zelda series, whe have Toon Link who comes from another timeline than the Twilight Princess Link & Zelda. Plus, in Brawl, Ganondorf is back (if we consider Brawl happening after TP), and without his wound. So having Medusa coming back isn't a problem.
And we can team up Link & Ganondorf against Zelda. Same applies to Mario, Bowser and Peach.

Let's consider it's Viridi allowing Pit to fly in SSB4 :troll:
You asked for it...when Palutena joins the battle, Alfonzo grants pit the power of flight!
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Phosphora would have been great, but it would have been a big ask for her to get in ahead of Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Dark Pit and Viridi. It's nice that she'll be present in some form, though, even if it is just a trophy (better than being just a sticker, right Linebeck?).

Burigu

Smash Ace

Phospora: She is female and I think this is an important point to add Phosphora to SSB4. She could be edited by Sakurai for new attacks. ^^ ( The same for Magnus ^^ )

Sorry but I have to disagree with you yeah Palutena gives TEH PAWA of flight so? this is smash not Kid Icarus that logic don't apply here, by your logic they need to explain why Mario attack Peach or explain why Link attack Zelda or using your argument about how Medusa is back, they can bring her if they want without explanation because they didn't explain how is Ganondorf still alive in Brawl even when Link killed him at the end of TP. So get rid of that argument because it's simply wrong.

More evidence to contradic you? in Brawl they refer to the world as "the world of trophies" so tecnically these aren't the same characters as in other games if you go even more away at the begin of Smash 64 all the characters are plushies or dolls.

I saw other comment of you saying "Palutena will be OP" to discard her you know they simple need to balance characters right, by your logic again Fox or Samus will be OP compared to others because they use futuristic tecnology ( imagine yourself barehanded against a guy with a laser gun and bombs) or that Ganondorf is OP because of the Triforce of Power, none of that matters here.

Don't get me wrong I like a good discussion but based on actual arguments that apply to the situation but the ones I refered to aren't valid reason to discard Palutena this isn't a Kid Icarus game so no story elements are involved.

On topic definetely Palutena has the greatest chance, she is really iconic, she has been in all three games, if she isn´t known from KIU she is known for appearing in Brawl.

I like diversity so Dark Pit is color swap for me, people will be really pissed if Dark Pit is revealed (not me) because not all the smash fandom are familiar with him, the same could be said about ANY DARK or SHADOW variant so no Shadow Mario no Dark Link etc, people the more unique and diferent each character for the other the best!

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Palutena is the most likely by far.

Dark Pit will be a color again.

For some reason I can't explain, I really want Magnus.

There you go.

andimidna

Smash Master
Not only is Palutena the most likely KI newcomer, but she is, by far, the most likely newcomer in general.

With the obvious #2 being Medusa.

#3 probably would go to Hades, but there's not much point in discussing that far down the line of KI characters until Smash 6.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Dark Pit will most likely be in the game as an alt just likeMale WFT & Wireframe Mac

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit will most likely be in the game as an alt just likeMale WFT & Wireframe Mac
As it should be, really. Although there's scope for difference between Pit and Dark Pit, it's nowhere near the scope for difference between Pit and any other KI character.

Morbi

Scavenger
Palutena seems like the most likely; but I wouldn't mind seeing Hades, I feel as though his chances are much higher than most give credit.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Palutena will be very high priority when it comes to putting in a KI newcomer- none of the other characters in Uprising compare to her.

3DS FC
3695-0208-0131
I'd like to see Palutena or Hades, but Medusa would be a good addition too since we need more villains. Not saying that everyone is likely, though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Palutena and Hades would be perfect, just like Kirby got two newcomers in Brawl.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Behind Palutena it's certainly Medusa without a doubt.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Medusa or Hades. I'd personally rather see Medusa than Palutena but Palutena is probably the better choice.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
paulatena or hades would be intresting

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Palutena is practically dead set to be the second rep. For a third Medusa would be next in line, as Hades seems more fit for a boss/codex role.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
While I really enjoy Hades' personality (and Medusa is pretty cool as well), I think it would be weird for characters from Greek mythology to make it into Smash. I mean, I know they're Nintendo versions of said characters, but it would still feel odd to me.

That said Palutena or Magnus would be better reps, in my opinion.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
To be technical, Palutena's name is probably derived from "Pallas Athena", so she's not entirely greek-free.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Since Hades and Medusa can modifiy their sizes they could technecly be in ssb4, but Since we never se them in human size ( oppose to palutena witch we do see in human size ) it would feel wierd to see them shrinked. But that's just my opinion. And also magnus does never deserve to be an character, but i would love to see him as a assist thropy, cuase he would fit so well!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Since Hades and Medusa can modifiy their sizes they could technecly be in ssb4, but Since we never se them in human size ( oppose to palutena witch we do see in human size ) it would feel wierd to see them shrinked. But that's just my opinion. And also magnus does never deserve to be an character, but i would love to see him as a assist thropy, cuase he would fit so well!
We do see Medusa human sized.

Plus, Pit is surprised to see a huge Medusa, so her normal size is canon, is not just technical limitations :troll:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well if you look in the original game you'll find...

Medusa has been shown Human Size

Edit: Godammit you Erotic&Heretic thing, you!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well if you look in the original game you'll find...

Medusa has been shown Human Size

Edit: Godammit you Erotic&Heretic thing, you!
Always here to defend the goddess of Darkness :troll:

Should I add that Medusa have something Hades will never have?

Boobs Being a classic character.
She even appeared in Captain N! :awesome:

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I could see Medusa more as an Assist Trophy than Hades as playable character, maybe she could have her snake head pop off and chase/shoot players. I won't deny her classic status though.

Palutena and Hades appear quite frequently in Uprising, moreso than Medusa. But I'd take all three if I had it my way.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Haha, no way I'm reading all that right now. I'd have to say barring Viridi and maybe a few others, pretty much every major Kid Icarus Uprising character has a ton of "moveset potential." I'm all for her inclusion, just not over Palutena. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom