• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What non-sword FE character would you want as a newcomer?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
With all the FE thread bumps earlier today, I figured I’d ask exactly as the title says. Sick of the same one weapon with the occasional sub-weapon? This thread’s for you. My pick is Claude von Riegan of the Golden Deer, and here’s my moveset for him:

Intro: Claude jumps off from his wyvern and gets into stance.

Stance/Idle 1: His pre-timeskip default stance from Three Houses.

Idle 2: Claude brushes back his hair with his left hand.

Idle 3: Claude puts his arrow in its holster and cracks his knuckles while yawning.

Notable Palette Swaps: Lorenz (pre-TS), Raphael (post-TS), Ignatz (post-TS), Lysithea (post-TS), Marianne (pre-TS), Hilda (pre-TS), Leonie (post-TS)

Walk: Claude walks with his hands behind his head, arrow in his pocket.

Dash: His running animation from Three Houses.

Damage: His damage animation from Three Houses.

Jump: A normal human jump, followed by a spinning double jump.

Crouch: Claude crouches down like a normal person, arrow in his right hand still.

Weapon of Choice: The Failnaught bow, a Hero’s Relic tied to Claude’s Crest of Reigan (refer to Byleth for energy consumption). When it runs out of energy, Claude will switch to an Iron Bow.

A,A,A: A jab with his arrow, another with his bow, and then an arrow shot (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Forward+A: Claude thrusts his arrow forward (12% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Down+A: Claude throws an arrow from the ground (8%, small knockback)

Up+A: Claude thrusts his arrow upward (9%, small knockback)

Air+A: Claude swings his bow in a 360o spin (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Claude swings his bow forward (16% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 12% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Claude turns upside down and fires an arrow (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Claude twirls his arrow around (8%, small knockback)

Air Down+A: Claude fires an arrow, which slightly pushes him back (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Dash Attack: Claude hops into the air and does a brief knee jab with his right knee (13%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Claude does a low sweep with his left foot (9%, small knockback)

Smash Moves

Back+A: Claude fires a powerful arrow shot (24% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 16% with Iron Bow, OK knockback). You can slightly angle the shot with the control stick.

Forward+A: Claude slams his bow down on the ground (21%, with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Up+A: Claude fires three arrows at once (9% per hit with Failnaught, medium knockback; 5% per hit with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+A: Claude swings his bow in a downward 360o spin (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Grab: Claude grabs the opponent with his bow.

Pummel: Claude butts the opponent with the rear end of his arrow (5%)

Forwards+Throw: Claude shoots his opponent out of his arrow like a bow (17% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 14% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Claude simply pushes down the opponent (14%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: Claude kicks the opponent behind him (10%, small knockback)

Up+Throw: Claude spins around twice and chucks the opponent out of his bow (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Gambit Battalion; Starting off with around 40 Battalion Endurance, Claude may choose between one of three battalion formations: Disturbance, Fusillade, and Group Magic.

Disturbance (4 EP): A group of soldiers charges forward and rams into the opponent, briefly stunning them afterwards (19%, medium knockback)

Fusillade (7 EP): A rain of arrows diagonally downwards in whatever direction Claude is facing. It has a moderate chance of a meteor effect (16%, medium knockback)

Group Magic (8 EP): Claude commands their mages to perform a cycled magic attack. In this order, the spells are:

>Group Fire: A fiery tornado (22%, medium knockback)

>Group Fimbulvetr: A row of icy stalagmites that freezes opponents (21%, medium knockback)

>Group Thunder: A row of five thunderbolts that has a slight chance of a meteor effect (23%, medium knockback)

>Group Aura: A pillar of light that last for 3 seconds (32%, far knockback)

B + Forwards : Encloser; Claude prepares a shot with a purple aura, and a successful hit will briefly stun the opponent (22% with Failnaught, medium knockback after 3 seconds; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback after 2 seconds)

B + Up : Curved Shot; Claude aims his bow behind himself that sends him flying at a 90o angle (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

B + Down : Charming Bouquet; Claude tosses a bouquet of flowers in front of him, lowering the enemy’s defense by a quarter (half with female fighters), and raising his allies’ attack by a quarter (double with female fighters).

Final Smash: Fallen Star; Claude fires an arrow with a red aura, and opponents hit will be sent into a cutscene where Claude’s battalion uses Ashes and Dust (29%), and then Claude finishes off with a final arrow blast (33%; 62% total, far knockback)

Gimmick: Crest of Riegan; restores damage equal to 30% damage dealt when using special moves.

Taunts:

1: Claude puts his bow on his back and blows a kiss with his left hand.

2: “You guys done yet?” Claude sticks out his arrow hand and lifts up his head.

1+2: Claude puts his hand on his hip and laughs nonchalantly.

Winposes:

1: “That’s the Golden Deer for ya!” His victory animation from Three Houses.

2: “First time?” Claude drinks a cup of tea sitting at a fancy snack table.

3: “Not ‘luck’. Just fate.” Claude stretches out his right arm and faces the camera.

Icon: The Falchion

Boxing Ring Title: The Charming Schemer

Victory Music: Victory! Fire Emblem series

Kirby Hat: Claude’s hair

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Xander with his horse. Also his horse is very acrobatic and can do Magnitude 9 earthquakes. (Dash Attack would be his horse doing one of those motorcycle slide thingies.)
I can imagine laughing at this ridiculous sight.:chuckle:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Kiran wields a gun.
No, I’m serious.
Kiran summoning heroes with said gun to fight for him would be incredible and a great way to include Fire Emblem characters who otherwise would be no hopers for playable such as Virion or Takumi(who I believe are both options for your very first summon), transforming beast characters like Panne or Lethe, healers like Mist, cavalry units like Sigurd and flying units like Minerva, Camilla and Caeda.

There's a lot of fun potential in there.

Otherwise Anna or any of the lords from Three Houses make sense to me. Tiki too. But that's about it.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't really want a new moveset untill some other franchises catch up to FE, so I'ma say Hector as he could be an Ike echo fighter, but with added sweetspot mechanics because he has an axe.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Edelgard. I'm not overly familiar with Fire Emblem beyond Awakening and Three Houses (played about half of a story of Fates, but I don't know if that's enough to claim that I'm familiar with the game), but she seems to be the major driving force behind Three Houses' story. (at least, based on the one route that I've played)

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Easy, Edelgard. Shes an Axe-Wielder so that counts. While I would also not to mad if it is Dimitri or Claude.

D

Deleted member

All of the house leaders from Three Houses are great characters.

I also see Hector support, and I also support him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't really want a new moveset untill some other franchises catch up to FE, so I'ma say Hector as he could be an Ike echo fighter, but with added sweetspot mechanics because he has an axe.
There's literally no way for Hector to be an Ike echo. All it takes is one look at Armads and comparing it to Ragnell to know that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Byleth isn't honestly counting much as a swordfighter with their magic, brawling gauntlets and Sword of the Creator. So Byleth, am highly expecting Byleth to be in anyway.

Dimitri is my actual choice however.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
With all the FE thread bumps earlier today, I figured I’d ask exactly as the title says. Sick of the same one weapon with the occasional sub-weapon? This thread’s for you. My pick is Claude von Riegan of the Golden Deer, and here’s my moveset for him:

Intro: Claude jumps off from his wyvern and gets into stance.

Stance/Idle 1: His pre-timeskip default stance from Three Houses.

Idle 2: Claude brushes back his hair with his left hand.

Idle 3: Claude puts his arrow in its holster and cracks his knuckles while yawning.

Notable Palette Swaps: Lorenz (pre-TS), Raphael (post-TS), Ignatz (post-TS), Lysithea (post-TS), Marianne (pre-TS), Hilda (pre-TS), Leonie (post-TS)

Walk: Claude walks with his hands behind his head, arrow in his pocket.

Dash: His running animation from Three Houses.

Damage: His damage animation from Three Houses.

Jump: A normal human jump, followed by a spinning double jump.

Crouch: Claude crouches down like a normal person, arrow in his right hand still.

Weapon of Choice: The Failnaught bow, a Hero’s Relic tied to Claude’s Crest of Reigan (refer to Byleth for energy consumption). When it runs out of energy, Claude will switch to an Iron Bow.

A,A,A: A jab with his arrow, another with his bow, and then an arrow shot (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Forward+A: Claude thrusts his arrow forward (12% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Down+A: Claude throws an arrow from the ground (8%, small knockback)

Up+A: Claude thrusts his arrow upward (9%, small knockback)

Air+A: Claude swings his bow in a 360o spin (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 11% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Claude swings his bow forward (16% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 12% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Claude turns upside down and fires an arrow (15% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Claude twirls his arrow around (8%, small knockback)

Air Down+A: Claude fires an arrow, which slightly pushes him back (14% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 9% with Iron Bow, small knockback)

Dash Attack: Claude hops into the air and does a brief knee jab with his right knee (13%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Claude does a low sweep with his left foot (9%, small knockback)

Smash Moves

Back+A: Claude fires a powerful arrow shot (24% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 16% with Iron Bow, OK knockback). You can slightly angle the shot with the control stick.

Forward+A: Claude slams his bow down on the ground (21%, with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Up+A: Claude fires three arrows at once (9% per hit with Failnaught, medium knockback; 5% per hit with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+A: Claude swings his bow in a downward 360o spin (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Grab: Claude grabs the opponent with his bow.

Pummel: Claude butts the opponent with the rear end of his arrow (5%)

Forwards+Throw: Claude shoots his opponent out of his arrow like a bow (17% with Failnaught, OK knockback; 14% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Claude simply pushes down the opponent (14%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: Claude kicks the opponent behind him (10%, small knockback)

Up+Throw: Claude spins around twice and chucks the opponent out of his bow (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Gambit Battalion; Starting off with around 40 Battalion Endurance, Claude may choose between one of three battalion formations: Disturbance, Fusillade, and Group Magic.

Disturbance (4 EP): A group of soldiers charges forward and rams into the opponent, briefly stunning them afterwards (19%, medium knockback)

Fusillade (7 EP): A rain of arrows diagonally downwards in whatever direction Claude is facing. It has a moderate chance of a meteor effect (16%, medium knockback)

Group Magic (8 EP): Claude commands their mages to perform a cycled magic attack. In this order, the spells are:

>Group Fire: A fiery tornado (22%, medium knockback)

>Group Fimbulvetr: A row of icy stalagmites that freezes opponents (21%, medium knockback)

>Group Thunder: A row of five thunderbolts that has a slight chance of a meteor effect (23%, medium knockback)

>Group Aura: A pillar of light that last for 3 seconds (32%, far knockback)

B + Forwards : Encloser; Claude prepares a shot with a purple aura, and a successful hit will briefly stun the opponent (22% with Failnaught, medium knockback after 3 seconds; 17% with Iron Bow, OK knockback after 2 seconds)

B + Up : Curved Shot; Claude aims his bow behind himself that sends him flying at a 90o angle (21% with Failnaught, medium knockback; 15% with Iron Bow, OK knockback)

B + Down : Charming Bouquet; Claude tosses a bouquet of flowers in front of him, lowering the enemy’s defense by a quarter (half with female fighters), and raising his allies’ attack by a quarter (double with female fighters).

Final Smash: Fallen Star; Claude fires an arrow with a red aura, and opponents hit will be sent into a cutscene where Claude’s battalion uses Ashes and Dust (29%), and then Claude finishes off with a final arrow blast (33%; 62% total, far knockback)

Gimmick: Crest of Riegan; restores damage equal to 30% damage dealt when using special moves.

Taunts:

1: Claude puts his bow on his back and blows a kiss with his left hand.

2: “You guys done yet?” Claude sticks out his arrow hand and lifts up his head.

1+2: Claude puts his hand on his hip and laughs nonchalantly.

Winposes:

1: “That’s the Golden Deer for ya!” His victory animation from Three Houses.

2: “First time?” Claude drinks a cup of tea sitting at a fancy snack table.

3: “Not ‘luck’. Just fate.” Claude stretches out his right arm and faces the camera.

Icon: The Falchion

Boxing Ring Title: The Charming Schemer

Victory Music: Victory! Fire Emblem series

Kirby Hat: Claude’s hair
None

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard is my most wanted character in general, so she's my pick.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
As far as realistic choices are concerned, mine pick is definitely Claude. He could do more than just fire his bow; he could also set up traps, poison the enemy, and whatnot. Just like Robin, he would have a very tactical playstyle that reflects upon the Fire Emblem spirit.

I also think a dagger-based character like Felicia or Kaze would be a great addition as well. Mine favourite thing about FE: Fates was definitely the debuff mechanic they introduced. It allowed units with weaker attack power to deal damage; either by poisoning the enemy or lowering their defense/resistance.

Top Bottom