• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Nintendo games do you think could make for a good TV show/miniseries?

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Fire Emblem is basically Baby's First Game of Thrones already, so it could work.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Absolutely none.

I feel as if Nintendo or "x" company would have to stretch and fit "y" franchise so much to even become a film, thus ruining the identity of "y" franchise.

I would like to reference the Super Mario Bros. Movie to further push my statement.
That was more the incompetence of Uwe Boll, if anything. If we had Nintendo staff overseeing the movie's production, that wouldn't happen; it's like saying America should have never touched Godzilla again because Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin made a horrible remake 10+ years ago. It's not the film's fault, the directors are the ones responsible for making a movie quality or not.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
I think Smash or Xenoblade would be good. The Smash TV show would be kinda like the Subspace Emissary, only 10 times better and it would be 3D computer animation. Xenoblade would be an anime and it already has a gr9 story.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
If a good studio was tasked with making an Earthbound anime I feel it could be spectacular. Those games have so much personality and charm. It might be a little difficult to pull off but if effort went in I could see it being great.

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
If a good studio was tasked with making an Earthbound anime I feel it could be spectacular. Those games have so much personality and charm. It might be a little difficult to pull off but if effort went in I could see it being great.
holy crap
TV-14 bruh

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I almost created a thread like this the other day.

Star Fox would make a great TV show, however mixed with that of being a sitcom. So taking the predicament as seen in Command, Fox and Krystal being separated, with the show having to do with Marcus (their offspring). However if anything, the show would take place more in day-to-day basis on their home planet Corneria than in the skies.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem, Mother 3, and Metroid could be good mini-series.
Star Fox could make for a good tv series.

I don't think Zelda would make for a good anything besides a video game. They are too convoluted, the stories don't make much sense outside of video games, and the main characters have little to no personality.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Fire Emblem, Mother 3, and Metroid could be good mini-series.
Star Fox could make for a good tv series.

I don't think Zelda would make for a good anything besides a video game. They are too convoluted, the stories don't make much sense outside of video games, and the main characters have little to no personality.
Weird you mention Zelda because for awhile there, Netflix has plans to do a Zelda series.

A Star Fox film, even if it were a direct-to-disc release, taking place between Adventures and Assault, would be nice (and yes, have Fox paired up with Tricky once again). Most people I've talked to have generally had negative reaction about the idea of a Star Fox anything that's not in a video game format.

A Smash Bros film as well, animated by Aardman (the studio that brought Wallace and Gromit) would be interesting to see as well.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Weird you mention Zelda because for awhile there, Netflix has plans to do a Zelda series.

A Star Fox film, even if it were a direct-to-disc release, taking place between Adventures and Assault, would be nice (and yes, have Fox paired up with Tricky once again). Most people I've talked to have generally had negative reaction about the idea of a Star Fox anything that's not in a video game format.

A Smash Bros film as well, animated by Aardman (the studio that brought Wallace and Gromit) would be interesting to see as well.

The Zelda Netflix thing was fake.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-responds-to-zelda-netflix-tv-show-rumors/1100-6426094/
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-boss-says-zelda-netflix-rumors-werent-true-1693084297
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2015/03/23/netflix-zelda-iwata/70322306/

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A comedy-adventure genre Wario Land T.V show, the plot would be Wario and Waluigi having misadventures along with foiling the dastardly plans of the evil Shake King who tries to get rid of and defeat them each time but the Wario Bros. come out victorious.
I would definitely watch this for their misadventures and Skake King's evil schemes.

Or either Kirby. (i know there was an anime.)

Last edited:

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see new animated shows of Super Mario, Donkey Kong, the Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox.

At least give us new animated movies of these series.

With the technology they have now to make potentially better animation, it would be surely beneficial to use.

Top Bottom