• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Nintendo games do you think could make for a good TV show/miniseries?

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
With constant movie/television adaptations of pre-existing franchises, is there a Nintendo series you think has potential for a good show?

Even though it isn't really a big heavy hitter for nintendo, I think that an Earthbound TV show could work rather well. Though I think it would be better off animated than live action.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
With constant movie/television adaptations of pre-existing franchises, is there a Nintendo series you think has potential for a good show?

Even though it isn't really a big heavy hitter for nintendo, I think that an Earthbound TV show could work rather well. Though I think it would be better off animated than live action.
Earthbound for a TV show is a good idea. But in the mix, why not add Earthbound Zero (Mother 1, Earthbound beginnings) and Earthbound 2 (Mother 3)?

I had an idea for a big book series for Xenoblade Chronicles. I hate books, but If this happens, I will gladly enjoy reading it word by word.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I think movies is the way to go for screen adaptations of Nintendo games. The one currently-running TV series based off a Nintendo franchise, Pokemon, has overstayed its welcome IMO (if you're not gonna bring back Misty, don't bother continuing the show), I haven't watched a new episode in years, but I do support shippings involving newer main characters.

If Nintendo wanted to be involved in television, they could produce television specials about the histories of their most popular franchises, which would be aired in conjunction with a release of a movie based on a game in that franchise (a special about the Mario series would air close to the release of a Mario movie for example), as well as making-of specials about the movie adaptations.

S3K Stage

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3KStage
I would love a Kirby cartoon, one that's closer to the games than the anime was. I think it'd be a hit due to the series' quirky nature.

I've also considered a Mario anime loosely based on the RPG games.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A WarioWare cartoon would be pretty interesting. It would mainly be about Wario finding some way to get money in Diamond City but it never works out in the end. All of the WarioWare characters like Jimmy and Ashley would appear and on occasion would have episodes focused on them.

Also a Star Fox show would be interesting.

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be awesome to have a Pokémon anime that's cycles out the main cast of characters after each region is completed (with a few episodes about older characters going to newer regions and newer character going to older regions) and has the animation style of the Black 2/White 2 promotional trailers. I would love a Pokémon anime that's actually well written.

As for Mario I think that a show based on the Mario and Luigi RPGs would be cool. And maybe since Mario is a (mostly) silent protagonist he could communicate with the other characters a la Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely none.

I feel as if Nintendo or "x" company would have to stretch and fit "y" franchise so much to even become a film, thus ruining the identity of "y" franchise.

I would like to reference the Super Mario Bros. Movie to further push my statement.

villaqer

Smash Rookie
NNID
karkltty
3DS FC
2724-1496-3571
animal crossing animal crossing anIMAL CROSSING as a tv show

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
animal crossing animal crossing anIMAL CROSSING as a tv show
But that would be as boring as watching someone else play Animal Crossing... I don't know about you, but I only like AC whenever I can enjoy it for myself (and the same is true for Air Conditioning AC).

Anyways, I think that Star Fox would make a great show.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But that would be as boring as watching someone else play Animal Crossing... I don't know about you, but I only like AC whenever I can enjoy it for myself (and the same is true for Air Conditioning AC).

Anyways, I think that Star Fox would make a great show.
They'd have to make a little artistic twist to it, but it could be done.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Fire Emblem as an anime could work, but there'd definitely have to be some major changes to some of the characters and story.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Fire Emblem as an anime could work, but there'd definitely have to be some major changes to some of the characters and story.
I think Sacred Stones would be good because there are some emotional moments such as:
(Joshua's mom dying, Orson's treachery for his wife being promised to come back to life but was really a zombie (which drove him partly insane), Lyon in general).
There are also a variety of character personalities, some character developments, and plenty of action. In addition, the branching paths could make it more varied if done correctly, but could make it confusing if done badly.

EDIT: Put in Spoilers at Kay's request

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think Sacred Stones would be good because there are some emotional moments
Alright so I'm actually in the middle of Sacred Stones literally right now so I actually didn't want to read that lol. Could you maybe put some of that in spoilers

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I feel like pokemon could be so much better if we just restarted from scratch with the animated series. Ash is a boring character with zero development throughout several seasons. He has been done to death. They should make it a slight bit more serious with new characters who REALLY want to be the best.

Legend of Zelda series could be amazing, too. All the lore behind the series could make for a great show.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Alright so I'm actually in the middle of Sacred Stones literally right now so I actually didn't want to read that lol. Could you maybe put some of that in spoilers
Sorry, I didn't think to put spoilers for a game over 10 years old. Spoilers are now in. Also, depending upon which path you take, you might not witness one of the events listed.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I feel like pokemon could be so much better if we just restarted from scratch with the animated series. Ash is a boring character with zero development throughout several seasons. He has been done to death. They should make it a slight bit more serious with new characters who REALLY want to be the best.

Legend of Zelda series could be amazing, too. All the lore behind the series could make for a great show.
Have you heard of the manga called Pokemon Adventures?

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there an anime on that? I saw one of it on youtube back in 2011. (Could be fan-made, i have no idea)
Yeah, you're right, Nintendo made an Animal Crossing movie back in 2006. I thought it was pretty good, actually. I think Mario123311 knows a lot more about it than I do though, so he's probably the person to ask about it.

I could totally see a 13 or so episode slice of life show made in the same vein as the movie. I don't know how likely that would be, but I feel like it could work quite well, especially given the popularity of New Leaf and characters like Isabelle.

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
They had one in japan but got cancelled i think it had 2 episodes maybe they dub it im not sure.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
They had one in japan but got cancelled i think it had 2 episodes maybe they dub it im not sure.
Just watched the first part of one of the episodes. Marth's mouth is NOT supposed to be that high up on his face.

Top Bottom