• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Nintendo Franchises are Left?

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Doshin the Giant.

Would be awesome in any case. :p

I also think that we in the future might see a character created exclusively for the game, like a mega villain, and then they could do Story Mode a bit like Avangers or Justice League.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You should order these series from 1st party to 3rd so we can gauge the likelihood of representation.
That's assuming 2nd parties have decreased chances because they are 2nd party. Which is very debatable.

I'm not even sure if some of these are technically "eligible" by way of being developed by people other than Nintendo. Chibi Robo, for instance, was developed by Skip, which ISN'T a subsidiary of Nintendo, but Chibi Robo did have non-character content in Brawl, so I'm guessing that isn't a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2nd parties, like Chibi-Robo, The Last Story, Golden Sun, Starfy, Wonderful 101, Sin & Punishment, etc. are all eligible, so don't worry about including them.

And I know they've already been brought up, but I'd still advocate for including the Rolling Western, Wonderful 101, Rhythm Heaven, Mole Mania, The Last Story, etc. Especially if you're going to include series like Fatal Frame. Oh, and Band Brothers.

And ofc there are less likely series like HarmoKnight, Captain Rainbow, Nintendouji, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Magical Starsign/Vacation, Drill Dozer, Tomato Adventure, etc.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
See, I keep seeing The Wonderful 101 listed here, but is it 1st (or 2nd) Party? I thought Nintendo is publishing it, but doesn't retain ownership. Like Bayonetta 2; Nintendo is publishing that one, but its still a Sega IP.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
See, I keep seeing The Wonderful 101 listed here, but is it 1st (or 2nd) Party? I thought Nintendo is publishing it, but doesn't retain ownership. Like Bayonetta 2; Nintendo is publishing that one, but its still a Sega IP.
It's a 2nd party. Meaning it's likely co-owned between Nintendo and Platinum. There's no reason to believe it's unlike other 2nd party IPs like S&P or Starfy that are developed by a third-party but applicable as Nintendo characters. Bayonetta was an existing IP that Nintendo didn't help create, they're just publishing and have exclusive rights to that specific game, not the IP.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree that's move set can be created for such characters. I'm of the belief that just about anyone or anything can be given a move set. But I think characters that have a more inherent move set are better for smash bros. just my opinion

More importantly, I think there are characters with more potential that should be considered before gag characters like G&W, ROB, etc.
Soooo... with that rationale, Fox shouldn't've been a character either, amirite? ;)

I think that's part of the charm of the game really. Joke characters are part of fun.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Soooo... with that rationale, Fox shouldn't've been a character either, amirite? ;)

I think that's part of the charm of the game really. Joke characters are part of fun.
Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that such characters shouldn't be in smash. I just said that characters who already have a repertoire to pull from are better in my opinion. Mostly because those characters have a better ability to incite nostalgia.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo owns The Last Story, and published Sakura Samurai.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What about Clu Clu Land? There was only one Clu Clu Land game, it's a very old game, and the character showed very few abilites in the game, but the same can be said for the Ice Climbers, and they managed get into Smash.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Huh.... does Nintendo have the rights to that character? I know it was developed by Vanpool, who has had games published on other consoles.
No. Vanpool is only credited as the author. If you look on the offical website, you get this
© 2012 - 2013 Nintendo. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo.

For contrast, here is Sin and Punishment.
© 2009-2010 Nintendo/TREASURE. Sin & Punishment and Wii are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2010 Nintendo.

So far, we have only really seen 1st party series with the exception of Pokemon, though Nintendo still owns the franchise in some unique ways
© 2013 Pokémon/Nintendo
Here is a list of first party games

Recent
Xenoblade (Monolith is first part)
Rhythm Heaven
The Wii series (we have Wii Fit though)
Steel Diver
Dillon's Rolling Western
Pushmo
Brain Age/Big Brain Academy
Nintendogs

Other
Punch-Out
Nazo no Murasamejo
For Frog the Bell Tolls
Wave Race/1080
Nintendo Wars/Advance Wars
Panel De Pon/Puzzle League
Card Hero
Battle Clash
Joy Mech Fighter

I think that's all of them. For second part games, there is Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Fossil Fighter (new one), Drill Dozer, Captain Rainbow, and some other games I'm likely forgetting.

As far as franchises not represented don't overlook Rhythm Heaven.
That a boy.

Top Bottom