• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What new single player modes do you add?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Just as the title says. Ultimate was a bit lacking in single player content, so the title is self-explanatory. For me:
  • Boss Vault: Fight any boss you want at your own leisure
  • Boss Arena: Fight every boss as fast as possible
  • Brawl Target Test
  • Endless Mob Smash
  • Rival Mob Smash
  • Omega Mob Smash: Fight 20 opponents on Omega Form stages
  • Coin Mob Smash: Collect as many coins as possible by KO-ing endless amounts of opponents
  • True All-Star: Fight every Smash character by game of debut

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d probably just add boss battles similar to Brawl’s and an all star mode like the older games (preferably Melee’s, but I do like your idea of by doing it in the order appearance in SSB), but target test and extra mob smash modes would also be nice.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I could get really nutty with this. I think I will.

Subspace Emissary 2 - WoL just doesn't cut it in terms of single player. I want platforming challenges, not a 2D map that is annoying to navigate.
Board the Platforms - More platforming challenges, let's go!
Melee Break the Targets - Yes, I am aware this would be hell to develop for over 80 characters. That's why I said I'm getting nutty with this.
Boss Rush - The goal would be to beat all the game's bosses as quickly as possible. It would also allow you to rematch particular bosses at your choosing.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Ultimates biggest downfall is easily its lack of single player content. World of light has charm, but is essentially just a bunch of CPU battles with different conditions and doesn't have much variety. What else is there? Classic Mode, Home-run Contest, Mob Smash... thats about it. Those are all perfectly fun, but the latter two feel more like mini games then fleshed out modes. There are several single player modes I would have loved to see in the game and would still love too via patches, though in that regard some are more likely than others. To start...

• Smash Run: This mode was fun on the 3DS, but could be so much more on switch. Bring over the mode to ultimate and give it some enhancements. More enemies and mini games obviously, but also let us play both offline (via splitscreen with up to four players) and online (up to 8) and let us customize how long each round goes on for instead of the usual five minutes. Up to 15 minutes would be a good amount.
  • All Star Mode: I was disappointed to see this mode downgraded to just another mob smash mode. I understand some have found all star mode a bit tiresome with so many characters at this point, but it has been a series staple and ultimate is perfect for it. Bring it back with these additions. Obviously, you would fight the whole roster in the order they joined smash in a series of five stages. 64 characters, Melee characters, Brawl characters, Wii U/3DS characters, and Ultimate characters. In between rounds there are three hearts you can use to heal damage. To make things more interesting, add the stage morph feature to randomly cycle between two random stages from the same game once half of the openers for that round are defeated.
  • Boss Rush: This one gets brought up a lot as well and is technically already in the game, near the end stages of World of light. Its the part right before the final boss where you fight all of the bosses by hitting their flames. Literally take that one part and make it its own mode. Additionally have their be an easy, medium (Galeem), hard (Dharkon) and super hard (Both Galeem and Darkhon) diffulcty options that alter your final challenge.
  • Target Test: Everyone says asking for unique target tests stages ala Melee is asking too much, but how so? This is a genuine question, I never understood why it was so difficult to create target test stages. Does anyone know why? Either way, giving every fight there own target tests would be huge and I would love to see it. To take it a step further however, Ive also come up with an idea for something else relating to this. Target Test Maker! Basically an exnsion of stage builder that would allow you to create your own target tests that could of course be shared online just like stages. Maybe even bring Target Blast back as well. As an aside, the Stadium mode should be brought back as menu option and feature both target test and boss rush mode, plus the already existing home-run contest and mob smash.
  • Spirit Orders: So hear me out. Remember the Special Orders mode from the Wii U? Bring that back and rebrand it into Sprit Orders. Instead of master and crazy hand, Galeem and Darkon now host both light orders and dark orders. Essentially, spirits battles with different conditions. For Light Orders, even if you mess up you can try again endlessly and then end things off with a fight against Ghaleem. For Dark Orders, the same thing, except if you mess up once before your fight with Darkon, you lose everything. It also gets increasingly harder in Dark Orders.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Survival Mode could be one of the most exciting and classic modes to ever grace the series. It could even go by alphabetical order.
Board The Platforms with the combination of Break The Targets could be amazing.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
The True Arena(Basically boss rush but with EX bosses with descriptions)

Online Squad Strike

Online Raid Bosses/Spirit Board: Similar to DBFZ and The Sephiroth Challenge. Lives are shared like Squad Strike where its 1v1 with one player = one live

WoL Expansion: A new maps, more bosses and dungeons, more lore and DLC Spirits

Spirit Trade: the Ability to trade and sell spirits online.

Conquest/Journey Mode: Basically classic modes from Wii U and 3ds with the Journey 3ds respectively having a customizable option with local and online multiplayer

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Smash Run except it's a shared map. Like a four-player Battle Royale, except you don't have to be the last one standing, KOing your opponent just lets you steal some of their stats. They respawn in a randomized spot after a few seconds.
Boss Rush
True Classic-basically just old Classic mode
SUBSPACE TWO BAAAAABEEEEEE
The Subspace Emissary Remastered-it's the same as in Brawl, but load times are cut, graphics are improved, and the gameplay is in Ultimate instead of Brawl.
Coin Launcher, aka the best single player mode no one talks about
Museum-where you can play the games where each Smash series originated in full. (With obvious exceptions for games like Bayonetta and ARMS that are still fairly new, those would just be demos)
Target Smash
Board the Platforms
Target Smash X Board The Platforms: a mix of the two, you play each character's TS and BTP stages combined into one.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Let's see.... from what isn't mentioned. Since you all covered a ton of good options.

I'd like Squad Strike for 4 Players (Potentially More) as an option. While Squad Strike is a nice addition, I feel they could push it farther.

Top Bottom