• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music do you want in the game?

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
i want to play my own songs from my ipod into the system. thatd be cool. whats better than listening to depressing music while smashing?
I agree, but Symphonic metal is less depressing, and more fitting. Orchestral is nearly as good.

I'll likely just turn off the music, and have my Comp on shuffle anyway.

abc

Smash Rookie
No doubt in my mind that whatever music they put in Brawl will be good for listeners but if custom soundtrack music from a SD card like with Excite Truck can be added that would be even better.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I can't specifically say what genre I'd prefer, because that could vary with each song. But as for specific themes, a few that I'd like to hear:

Saria's Song (TLoZ: OoT)
Megaman's Theme
New Age Retro Hippy battle theme (Earthbound)
Mona Pizza theme (Wario Ware)
And a few more I can't quite remember at the moment.

And if the EBA make it in: Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram. Yeah, I know licsenced music is about as likely to make it in as I am, but that song would feel right at home in Smash Bros. ^_^

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Why don't they do what they did on Exite truck, allow you to play your download songs while playing the game.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Orchestrated or not, they had BETTER put Star Wolf's theme in the game. If I haven't stressed this enough in previous threads, I want Wolf O'Donnel to be in the game, for the sole reason of maybe having his theme somewhere in the game.

Orchestrated? Midi? It doesn't matter. Just put it in.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Hm. Well, there aren't very many that come to my mind. I didn't really read through the whole topic so I apologize if those two have been mentioned before.

Well, first of all, the Hyrule Castle theme from Zelda is awesome and I think it would fit into SSBB very well. It's pretty memorable stuff, too.

And I'd love to hear Lower Norfair from Super Metroid in the game. It is a really cool deathmarch like theme. It'd create an interesting atmosphere if used in a fitting stage.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think good music is essentail for a game like SSB. so, I have a few music sugestions that I think should be added (not in any particular order).

~ Bowsers Theme (SM64) - I think this theme is needed if they put in a Bowsers castle stage (which I'm hoping they will). they should make it metal sounding kind of like it was in SM64, only a little more intense. also make this Bowser's victory music.

~ Underworld Theme - if they don't put this in, it would be madness. even if it's just MIDI file music. they need to put it in.

~ Revenge of Meta Knight mix - for the Halberd stage. I think they should have a remix of a bunch of RoMK music, blended together into one big tune. it would start off slow, then get more intense. heres the music I think should be included into this medley (in order of when they should appear);

1. beginning of Battle with Meta Knight (music here)
2. Main deck of the Halberd (music here)
3. middle of Battle with Meta Knight, where it speeds up (see "#1")
4. Halfmoon (music here)
5. music slows down as it goes into a slow mix of Halberd Demise (music here)

~ Revenge of Meta Knight Ending - what? you didn't think I would forget the greatest ending music ever made did you? I think this would best be suited for finishing 1P mode with Meta Knight. think about it. it would be fitting to when it's being used (credits), and it would fit the character (from the game where MK was a major character). also, make it alt. music for the Halberd stage. (Music here)

~ MGS Theme - Snake's in. he needs some music, no? and the main MGS theme is the best one for the job.

~ Kid Icurus - I havn't played the game, but Pit needs music for him.

thats all I can think of right now.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has already been posted, and yes, I put this in the Marina thread already, but...
If Marina Lighyears (Mischief Makers) were to make the cut, then I would want track 15 on this page:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1152

for the stage music. I just think it would fit nicely...although I dunno how many of you have played Mischief Makers, let alone recognize the music :/

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are my music choices if these Nintendo characters entered SSBB. For information about them, click their names. If some of them lead you to a 404 page, click the "Go" button on your browser:

For Skapon (Joy Mech Fight), click here.

For Mike Jones (not the rapper, the StarTropics protagonist), I would like for it to be a mixture of this and this.

For Stafy (Densetsu No Stafy), I would like for it to be a mixture of this and this.

For Alice (Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB), click here.

For Takamaru (Mystery of Murasame Castle), click here.

For Lip (Panel de Pon), click here.

For Tin Star (Tin Star (SNES)), I would like for it to be a mixture of this and this.

For Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling (NES)), it would be a mixture of the BGM played in this video and this video.

For Sablé & Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls), either like this or this.

For Dr. Wright (SNES SimCity and SimCity 64), click here.

And for DeMille (Tomato Adventure), it would be a mixture of this, this, this, and this.

If none of the characters I am hoping for enter as playables nor trophies, then perhaps I will no longer be a Nintendo fan, and find something else that is interesting.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Tis a tad unreasonable, don't ya' think?

Anyways, I could choose the music for the stages revealed so far:

Star Fox and Pokemon stages would basically be the same as Melee, only orchestrated (see the Smashing...Live! album)

Halberd: A remix of this, this, this, and this, or maybe this.

Mario Circuit: Remix of this and this. (I actually can't wait to hear how it turns out.)

Yoshi's Island: I would assume some crazy remix of this and this, but I could see this and this being worked in there as well.

Angel Land: This and possibly this.

Shadow Moses/MGS stage: There is only one song that should be in a MGS stage, and it is this one.

Even though Wario doesn't have a confirmed stage yet, I hope to hear this as the BGM, maybe with some other songs from the game mixed in as well.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'll throw in my own two cents with the revealed stages so far, but I won't prove links, because, well, most of them are around here already ;p

Mario Circuit
The Mario Circuit theme from Super Mario Kart, maybe with the Super Mario Kart title screen thrown in. Alternate would definitely be that over used song from Double Dash.

Daien Castle
Not that familiar with Fire Emblem, but I will bet dollars to donuts it's some form of a battle theme/recruiting theme. Probably even "Together We Ride!" like Melee.

Sky Palace
For 7 long years I've waited to hear Kid Icarus done up in a Smash game... And, ever since, I've had it planned out ;p The Underworld theme remixed with the Main Title. An alternate could be the flat out Sky Palace theme on its lonesome.

Halberd
Has to be a mixture of Halfmoon/Mecheye/Escape from the Halberd. I'd love to hear Meta Knight's SWEET theme song from the credits too, though.

Shadow Moses Facility
Duh, the MGS theme ;p

Yoshi's Island
Another stage idea I've been waiting to see for a while. Would have to have to HAVE TO have the Athletic music from Mario World 2, remixed with the Title Theme possibly.

Pokemon Stadium
Same as usual, only... better

Cornerian Orbit
Same as usual, only... better

As for potential stages...

Ancient Edo
Nazo no Murasamejo Theme, done crazy Japanese folk style with a shamisen, taiko drums, gong, crazy guys yelling... everything :)

Boxing Arena
Punch-Out Training Theme mixed with the Fight theme.

Mt. Dedede
There's no excuse to NOT have this be a stage, and there's also no excuse to NOT have Dedede's Fight music! :)

Bowser's Castle
Mario 64 Bowser Battle music as a main, but two alternates: one is the Doomship theme from Mario 3 remixed with the Mario 3 Fortresses; the other is the Mario 1 Classic Castle music (NES style)

Wario... something. Ware Inc.? Ware Factory? Palace? Castle? Kitchen Island? Diamond City??
Depends. I'm still praying that Wario keeps his Wario Land moves intact, and would love to see the Wario Land theme pop up in Smash in some form. But the Wario Ware music ain't bad either, so we'll see.

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
parrothead, I don't think you're going to be a nintendo fan anymore if what you said is true...

In any case, I want them to keep a lot of the same music, and I want lots of fast-paced music, like Rock & Roll!!!

SlashandBurn

Smash Rookie
A land down under, handing holidayers vegemite san
I'm big on being able to put your own songs into SSBB, via the Wii. Of course it wouldn't be mandatory and a lot of people would probably be happier with the standard SSBB music. But for example, in the options you could take songs from the Wii or a USB and put them into certain stages. Think about playing the new Metaknight stage with "Rock You like a Hurricane" playing in the background.

I do have limited knowledge about the Wii so if this is imposible then flame away.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I would not cry AT ALL if the SSBB music (so far) was replaced with good ol' SSBM music.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm big on being able to put your own songs into SSBB, via the Wii. Of course it wouldn't be mandatory and a lot of people would probably be happier with the standard SSBB music. But for example, in the options you could take songs from the Wii or a USB and put them into certain stages. Think about playing the new Metaknight stage with "Rock You like a Hurricane" playing in the background.

I do have limited knowledge about the Wii so if this is imposible then flame away.
Actually, you could play songs off of a SD card inserted in the Wii in Excite Truck...so it's a possibility.

But...LOL, like mainstream music can compare with video game music.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
That, and Nintendo should hire Weird Al to do all of the music.
This is the absolute worst idea ive heard in my life!! i despise weird al sooo much and if they did this i would probably kill myself!!!

however i would love music from revenge of metaknight on kirby superstar for the halberd stage

if they included sonic in the game solaris phase 2 from sonic the hedgehog 2006 would be great, or live and learn from sonic adventure 2 would be dandy

the donkey kong country opening would be cool

ThePROMINENCE

Smash Rookie
I think the closest thing you will get to hip hop is Kongo Jungle from melee. Me personally, I wouldn't mind hearing some really good remakes to alot of the Metroid and Zelda songs.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
That would be awesome if they had green brinstar's music from Super Metroid in the game. It would also be pretty sick if there happens to be a square character that they did the boss music from ff2 (US) as stage music. Oh wait, that music also appeared during a secret boss battle in Mario RPG, so they might not even need a square character... Probably won't happen either way though.

It would also be cool if they did the Tal Tal heights theme for a level (Zelda Link's awakening). I also want some music from Yoshi's Island (not to be confused with Yoshi's story). Finally, I want something from DKC2 - perhaps the brambles song redone to a quicker fighting tempo, or maybe the swamp stages music. That game has a ton of great music to choose from.

Maybe for Sonic use chemical plant's song, I really like this one. But there are TONS of songs to choose from, so its hard to tell.

EDIT: Here are some samples:

Green Brinstar: this maybe mixed with red brinstar (couldnt find a good one)

FFIV: here
Tal tal heights : here
DKC2: here
Sonic: here

sassy87

Smash Rookie
They should have a punch out stage with a remix of the theme and for an alt the pro wrestling theme

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i was playing twilight princess i just realized that the music for hyrule field is the perfect music for the bridge of eldin level

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Anything with nintendo style, sounds abit epic, and fits fighting. Something like duals of fate from star wars would work well.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
un Bowser theme and Bowser battle theme from SM64 would be awesome

baheffron FF names were fixed in the ports

Top Bottom