• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes you love Luigi?

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
That is if you love him in the first place. I love Luigi. Really. I can't get enough of him. This isn't really a tactical discussion, more of an appreciation thread. What's your favorite thing about Luigi (playstyle-wise or in general)?
Something that may turn other people off of Luigi is his floatyness. I, for some reason, happen to love it. Although it sometimes may cause trouble, I like how it feels. What about you?

Delvro

Smash Ace
I've always loved luigi... I always play him in mario games when you can play both.

But seriously, nintendo... get his personality straight!!!

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I love Luigi for his entire persona. Hes quirky, funny, and timid. One of Ninty's very very few characters that actually has a real personality. Also, I can't get enough of the cool finger gun thing he does for his victory pose...

DetLuigi

Smash Rookie
Let me just start off by saying that my nickname through elementary, middle, and now high school is Luigi. He's been my all time favorite video game character since day one of playing Super Mario Bros 2 (My first game, it was a hand-me-down from my cousin) And then over the years I just continued picking Luigi for all games, be it Mario Party, Mario Kart, or Smash. Then one day it happened I was in an EB Games and was reading a nintendo power about the future release of Luigi's Mansion! I nearly pee'd my pants. But enough of my geeky loser life story. Luigi is THE man. You just can't beat him...I'm sorry. He's not cocky, he's a gentleman...a bit goofy and clumsy....but he's a gentleman!

windspirit

Smash Rookie
Why do I like Luigi? Simple. Cuz he's the most epic character that Nintendo ever created. People who dismiss him as the "second fiddle" don't know what they're missing. To solve this, I suggest Nintendo makes a new Luigi game.

Hey, Vegeta, what does the scouter say about Luigi's power level?
I don't know... he broke the scouter...

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
let me fix that

Hey, Vegeta, what does the scouter say about Luigi's power level?
I don't know... he broke the scouter...
Vegeta whats his power level...
ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Because he's the consummate underdog character. He owns in Brawl, and Luigi's Mansion was BEYOND underrated. I liked it more than Mario Sunshine.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo would do well to make more Luigi games!
Ever since I started reading Luigi's adventures in Paper Mario:TYD about saving Princess Eclair in some sweets kingdom, I hoped for a Paper Luigi game that would focus on that story with all of his "partners." That would be so awesome. And RPG Paper Mario, not the Super Paper Mario stuff...

Eten

Smash Ace
Dthrow(6%) Uptilt(9%) Uptilt(8%) Uair(13%) Bair(12%) to WoP Bair(you tend to get at least a weak hit Bair out of that chasing an airdodge, 8%)
Strong Nair(14%) Uptilt(9%) Uair(13%) Bair(12%) to WoP Bair
Weak Nair(6%) Dthrow(6%) Uptilt(9%) Uair(13%) Bair(12%) to WoP Bair
etc.

Dthrow(6%) Fair->Nair(6%, chasing airdodge+DI) jab(3%) Dthrow(6%) Uair(13%) Uair(12%)
TheMann does this 48% damage on Ankoku's Marth in under 5 seconds from the start of a match.

A thousand ways to do it.

Other characters can get excited over little 32% damage chains that Luigi escapes anyway, while Luigi tosses stuff out like the above all the time like it's nothing. Luigi just flows. And he only needs an average 70% damage to KO or so.

With Luigi, it's both hilarious and frightening at the same time. Luigi is win.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
Hey I love Luigi since I first played Mario games, every game I play Luigi is the only character I play all the time and Peach, than until Princess Rosalina came. So those three like my top three favorite but Luigi number one! So i'm a huge fan of Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Mario, Daisy, Wario, Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, and all Donkey Kong! Go Weegee! Go Weegee! Go! Go! Go Weegee!!!

TheMann

Smash Ace
Yea I like Luigi because he is Nintendo's best character. He wears my fave color green. Ever since you could pick him in Super Mario Bros 2 I liked him because he could jump so high and skip like half of a level lol. And he's funny and not too serious.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Luigi was the bomb in Mario Bros. 2.

If only you could start out as luigi in super mario galaxy... I don't want to play mario.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Luigi was a challenge in Galaxy because of his sliding. What is with Luigi and sliding in the new Nintendo games?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I've got one word for you.

SHORYUUKEN!

Ask Delvro, he knows what's up, he's heard the word (screamed, loudly, in the middle of a group of people)

That and I've been playing luigi longer than some of the people I meet in tournaments have been alive. It's pretty funny to say "hey, I've been throwing shoryukens around longer than you've been alive. Luigi just feels right. And I relate to him, my older siblings are ridiculous overachievers.

MiiKai

Smash Cadet
Luigi is pick my when I'm playing any Mario/Nintendo game which includes him. I love Luigi's attitude and wackyness. You can't go wrong with Man in the green!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
his up tilt

and he can combo using throws and aerials

its where i get my text below my online name: I Defy Brawl by Comboing

Delvro

Smash Ace
Luigi was a challenge in Galaxy because of his sliding. What is with Luigi and sliding in the new Nintendo games?
He first started sliding farther than mario in "Mario: the Lost Levels", released in Japan as Mario 2.

Believe me, it's worth it to go to a tournament just to hear crash yell...

SHORYUUUKEN!!!!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Luigi really is so awesome. I was watching a bunch of old Super Mario World cartoons like Mama Luigi. He is the best Nintendo character ever.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got one word for you.

SHORYUUKEN!

Ask Delvro, he knows what's up, he's heard the word (screamed, loudly, in the middle of a group of people)
Thanks to you, it's all he ever tries to kill me with. :(

When I fight delvro's Mario, I cp Luigi. Just cause I like doing dash attack while saying "mama always liked you better!!"

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Thanks to you, it's all he ever tries to kill me with. :(

When I fight delvro's Mario, I cp Luigi. Just cause I like doing dash attack while saying "mama always liked you better!!"
:D :D :D :D
I never knew delvro was so full of win.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm not that good at Brawl but I've been finding lately that whenever I play as Luigi I'm almost always in a match against friends till the end. I like approaching with the Luigi cyclone and also his KO ability. Has a little bit of weight to him as well.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Luigi is probably one of the few characters who has true combos
because his nair is that good

Popertop

Smash Champion
I liked the post someone put about him being hilarious and frightening at the same time b/c of his combos. I love frighteningly hilarious things.

I love the dthrow combos, and his nair is DEEEEELISH

Top Bottom