• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes "Very Hard" very hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been posted before (there is something really screwy about that little search box up there.) Anyway, what's the deal with the Very Hard difficulty setting? The aggressiveness of the opponents just goes without saying, but is it possible that your characters mass is "decreased" somehow which makes them more suseptible to being sent flying? For example, in the easier settings, I can send a team of C. Falcons flying with a single spin attack, yet those same C. Falcons would beat me to a pulp on Very Hard. So is there some sort of weight issue going on as the game setting gets more difficult?

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I think you may be on to something there, though its generally something most people arent concerned with. I really havent seen much skill difference between CP's in hard vs. very hard, so i think there may be some sort of handicap, but.. i'd have to look alot more closely.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Its a handcap I believe. Because you can't move them you take more damage as the computer once off the ground will do one of its insta-n-airs which are fairly inhuman in nature. So you just get beaten :p

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
Its a handcap I believe. Because you can't move them you take more damage as the computer once off the ground will do one of its insta-n-airs which are fairly inhuman in nature. So you just get beaten :p
I know exactly what you're talking about. The 2v2 battle is essentially a 2 on 1 match since the cannon fodder..errrm I mean, teammate gets knocked out super early. The (insert character name) team battle is really brutal (Try fighting a team of C. Falcons, or worse, Fox's without dieng once. ) The metal battle is equally insane. Because they soak up smashes like a sponge, I have to resort to grabbing and bombing a lot. But unles you throw him up on a platform, that sucker still manages to get up a split second after you throw him, and give you a good nair in the face.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure they just jack up the handicaps and computer levels. Doing it like that really screws up some of the matches in classic mode though, like the metal fight and the part where you have to beat like 20 weak (well not really) enemies.

LazyBuhdaBelly

Smash Rookie
i sucked at playing veryhard, i retired like 20 times. i felt ashamed. if u dont throw the metal person off stage, u need over 300%, well at least i do. :dizzy: :yoshi:

I only beat Very Hard once! ONCE! And that's only because Metal Samus accidentally fell off. The team Captain Falcon pisses me off; the handicap is like 1 (you) to 9 (them).

tshahi10

Smash Ace
as said, it is just the c-stick
This is one of the reasons why noobs play link and roy..........
and why i can easily beat very hard with link and not marth

apple joos

Smash Cadet
the offence and defence ratio of the cpu's goes up the harder the difficulty.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Virtually, the only way to win a regular match on Very Hard, is by spamming Marth's smash-attack. If you hit right, your opponents fly away a good bit. And the computer isn't that good that they can surprise you and make a KO that way. But, as said, it's the only way. The handicap is too much to handle anyways.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
everything i would have said here has already been said, so ill recap. there is a fairly noticable handicap difference in comps and u. the team matches are bleeping hard because the stupid partner of yours is like level 2 and has the same handicap as urself, so yes, he is cannon fodder. his only purpose in life is to distract one of the opponants for 10 seconds while u have a futile chance to take the other comp out.

anyway, i still fail to see the point in doing single player mode at all. the situations in it will never happen in real life, so why do it? im satisfied with just practicing shffls and stuff.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
-higher knockback for yourself
-lower knockback for your opponant
(these are because of handicap)
-higher level CPU
-less frequent item appearances
-no cstick (this is true for every level of difficulty and every mode in single player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom