• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes bowsers final smash so good?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
fis final smash is not amazing
but it is really fun.what i would do
if i have a lead is suicide with the person
just to insure the kill. i dont play with items so im
not you best resouces so sorry.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
What makes you think it's any good?

They probably just thought it would be cool if there was some way you could play with Giga Bowser. I guess I can see why that sounded like a good idea, but I really do not like Bowser's Final Smash at all. It isn't useful or fun.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
its not good imo ppl just hang on the ledge to avoid it which make its no fun. I usually use another character when playing FS only lol I like to use Iceclimbers FS because its so much fun.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
it's not amazing because the power ,I belive, stays the same when he turns to giga. If he gained some more strength through the transformation it would be a lot better. Plus even if you kill then they come back whil there invisible and start attacking like crazy while your forced to watch them attacking for the next 4 seconds, which is in time for you to start shrinking back. After this they kill you easily.

Gindler

Smash Champion
It looks cool and scary, of course playing with Final Smash on is a FFA thing so it doesn't even matter who wins really. But yeah, it looks menacing and that's about the gyst of it.

KingWaffles

Smash Rookie
Its not a TERRIBLE final smash, though i've seen far better. I've owned many noobish brawlers with a well placed explosive head-butt and, if you find them in the air, his fair isn't so bad either. The problem comes when you try to land those moves one on one. He looks cool... that's about it.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Giga Bowser does, however, have a number of things going his way.

1. ftilt, fair, and uair have impossibly good range and KO power... the results are better than an uncharged fsmash, definitely
2. dsmash traps a lot of people, and can catch edgehoggers who miss their timing
3. people don't realize this, but when you see someone try to renew their invincibility frames while edgehogging, you can just jump down and edgehog them back... you don't flinch, afterall
4. tilt tilt tilt tilt tilt tilt tilt

As a side note, you can bowser bomb and grab the ledge...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I like the idea of dropping to the ledge and outguarding them. I'll try that next time.

I'm going to head into training mode and figure out where GigaBowser sweet spots the ledge.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its just satisfying being able to do whatever you want with Bowser and not getting punished.

Albericht

Smash Rookie
The FS is imo one of the best final smashes in the game. Problem is... not many people know how to use it. The FS in itself gaurantees a KO, and if used to perfection, you could KO all 3 opponents in ffa brawl. I usually get to KO 2 opponents, but 99% of the time Ive used it I get at least 1 KO. Its advantages over other FS are mainly 3 things:

1. Duration/Power Boost- being a transformation FS, you dispose of 15 seconds or so to land as many hits as you can. So you dont have to worry about the FS missing its target. Almost every attack you could try will connect, using of course the proper attack at the right time. Naturally, the attacks are strengthened and certain attacks have KO properties... the most noticeable of these are the utilt, sidetilt, dtilt and uair. A good way to KO opponents is to simply freeze them with dsmash or use usmash, either way they will be launched upward, then immediately utilt to keep them airborne or launch them higher up, once they are in a loop at the top of the screen, jump and uair. GigaB is so huge that likelihood of connecting the uair is fairly good. Also remember that the sidetilt had incredible range, so try using it on opponents who are running, you will most likely hit them with shadow element of the attack and KO them. Other KO attacks with less likelihood of connecting are the Bowser bomb, dsmash, usmash and fair.

2. Antiedgehogging- unlike many other FS where grabbing onto the ledge continuously will keep the opponent rather safe, Gigabowser has 3 ways of neutralizing this cheap stunt. One is to wait for the opponent to miss his timing or lose his invincibility frame, and then either ftilt or dtilt, however players who have perfected this ledgegrabbing will almost never be stopped this way. The other way is to hug the edge just as the opponent lets go, though I wouldnt recommend it as timing is of utter importance and if you miscalculate... youll fall to your death. However, you could try whirling fortress to recover. By then, the opponent would have lost his invincibilty frame and you would do some damage before holding on to the ledge. Although a smart opponent wouldnt stay on that ledge for too long and would run to the safety of the other edge. The last and most viable option to prevent edgehogging is using the Bowser bomb. This should be the preferred way, not only because you grab the ledge almost instantly after execution but also because you could deal massive damage to the opponent with the possibility of a KO. It also requires less timing than hugging. The best way to use this method is by doing the bomb just as your opponent grabs the ledge. While Bowser is doing his animation for the move, your opponent will lose his invincibility frame and will be completely vulnerable to Bowser's massive butt. If he gets hit, the force of the attack will push the opponent down instead of launching him up as it usually does. NOTE!!! When using the Bowser bomb, GigaB must be facing the ledge. If you perform the move while he is facing the other way he will not grab onto it, unlike regular Bowser which can hold on no matter which direction you face prior to performing the move.

3. Space reduction- keep in mind that GigaB's size occupies nearly the whole of regular stages, which means that you can easily suck in opponents with certain moves like the dsmash. More space for you, means less space for your opponent which translates in... nowhere to run. When Im using GigaB I always take things with ease... I never run towards my opponents, I simply walk menacingly. Walking is better to running becuz I get to the other side of a regular stage in about the same time as running. The moveset while walking is more flexible than while running, which means you can perform certain attacks at the slightest moment while being on the lookout for your opponents moves. Also, the tilt attacks (the main KO attacks) are executable while walking not while running, you would have to stop running in order to stabilize and then execute the attack.

So those are the 3 main reasons this FS in the hands of an expert is quite deadly. Of course, the main disadvantage of this FS is the damage feature. No other transformation FS can be attacked or inflicted damage. Normally, by the time GigaB turns back to normal, his damagemeter has sky rocketed leaving a rather easy prey to KO.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well even though his FS not be the greatest, I do find playing as Giga Bowser AWESOME especailly since well, he's BIG, cool lookling and not to mention invincible

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
The FS is imo one of the best final smashes in the game. Problem is... not many people know how to use it. The FS in itself gaurantees a KO, and if used to perfection, you could KO all 3 opponents in ffa brawl. I usually get to KO 2 opponents, but 99% of the time Ive used it I get at least 1 KO. Its advantages over other FS are mainly 3 things:

1. Duration/Power Boost- being a transformation FS, you dispose of 15 seconds or so to land as many hits as you can. So you dont have to worry about the FS missing its target. Almost every attack you could try will connect, using of course the proper attack at the right time. Naturally, the attacks are strengthened and certain attacks have KO properties... the most noticeable of these are the utilt, sidetilt, dtilt and uair. A good way to KO opponents is to simply freeze them with dsmash or use usmash, either way they will be launched upward, then immediately utilt to keep them airborne or launch them higher up, once they are in a loop at the top of the screen, jump and uair. GigaB is so huge that likelihood of connecting the uair is fairly good. Also remember that the sidetilt had incredible range, so try using it on opponents who are running, you will most likely hit them with shadow element of the attack and KO them. Other KO attacks with less likelihood of connecting are the Bowser bomb, dsmash, usmash and fair.

2. Antiedgehogging- unlike many other FS where grabbing onto the ledge continuously will keep the opponent rather safe, Gigabowser has 3 ways of neutralizing this cheap stunt. One is to wait for the opponent to miss his timing or lose his invincibility frame, and then either ftilt or dtilt, however players who have perfected this ledgegrabbing will almost never be stopped this way. The other way is to hug the edge just as the opponent lets go, though I wouldnt recommend it as timing is of utter importance and if you miscalculate... youll fall to your death. However, you could try whirling fortress to recover. By then, the opponent would have lost his invincibilty frame and you would do some damage before holding on to the ledge. Although a smart opponent wouldnt stay on that ledge for too long and would run to the safety of the other edge. The last and most viable option to prevent edgehogging is using the Bowser bomb. This should be the preferred way, not only because you grab the ledge almost instantly after execution but also because you could deal massive damage to the opponent with the possibility of a KO. It also requires less timing than hugging. The best way to use this method is by doing the bomb just as your opponent grabs the ledge. While Bowser is doing his animation for the move, your opponent will lose his invincibility frame and will be completely vulnerable to Bowser's massive butt. If he gets hit, the force of the attack will push the opponent down instead of launching him up as it usually does. NOTE!!! When using the Bowser bomb, GigaB must be facing the ledge. If you perform the move while he is facing the other way he will not grab onto it, unlike regular Bowser which can hold on no matter which direction you face prior to performing the move.

3. Space reduction- keep in mind that GigaB's size occupies nearly the whole of regular stages, which means that you can easily suck in opponents with certain moves like the dsmash. More space for you, means less space for your opponent which translates in... nowhere to run. When Im using GigaB I always take things with ease... I never run towards my opponents, I simply walk menacingly. Walking is better to running becuz I get to the other side of a regular stage in about the same time as running. The moveset while walking is more flexible than while running, which means you can perform certain attacks at the slightest moment while being on the lookout for your opponents moves. Also, the tilt attacks (the main KO attacks) are executable while walking not while running, you would have to stop running in order to stabilize and then execute the attack.

So those are the 3 main reasons this FS in the hands of an expert is quite deadly. Of course, the main disadvantage of this FS is the damage feature. No other transformation FS can be attacked or inflicted damage. Normally, by the time GigaB turns back to normal, his damagemeter has sky rocketed leaving a rather easy prey to KO.
I agree with what this guy said.
Bowser has always been about tradeoff.

In this case, you get to play with a no-penalty Bowser and rack up damage while looking for KOs. No one is gonna KO you while you are Supered. Some enemies will run - there's only one place to hide, and that's the ledge. Those that attack are getting KO'ed.

The best time for this Smash Ball is when you are at 200% and death is already emminent. You can basically ensure that when you start your next life, your opponent(s) will be near gone.

Use your tilts and swipes to rack up damage. If they are being evasive. You can spam your Up smash to do big damage fast.
Keep in mind that your GRABS get a big damage boost. You get 6% a tap instead of 3%, and your throws are all super-powered. Use your Up throw (26%) to keep them above the stage, then Up-Smash, UTilt and Down Smashl to rack their damage higher.

You will notice all your KOs actually get WEAKER when you go Giga.
This, however, does not apply to your air moves. Use huge assaults to get them airborne, then use an Up+A or Side+A and say byebye.

My 2 fave moves:

Grab Smash ball. Jump up. Transform in air. Kick things off with a huge Bowser Bomb.

Grab Smash Ball. Watch enemy head for ledge. Jump off, get under ledge, transform midair, Whirling Fortress back to ledge - taking everything out in the process.

Top Bottom