• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes a good Samus?

Should Samus be to swap beams.

• ALL prime beams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire and ice (like project m)

• The power beam and Wave beam

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. This thread is about ideas to make Samus grand for SSB4. And I myself don't want Samus to be LIMITED again!
But how can we avoid this from happening?
Well that is what this thread is for... Speak your own opinion of how SAMUS can be made better through buffs, the return of good attributes or completely new ideas altogether.
(even state alternate costume ideas if you wish)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Most people will tell you all of her attributes should be closer to her Melee incarnation than her Brawl one. Most of her specials/go-to KO moves were paltry at best, being shells of what they used to be and being very difficult to actually hit with, much less rely on. Her being floaty made her heaviness somewhat redundant, as she was prone to both juggling and early-ish ceiling KO's. Last but not least, she got the short end of the stick with things like an awfully slow roll (most people here would prefer the Sense Move dodge she has in Other M), a large frame which screwed her against chain-grabs, and very easy to block/DI moves (her Jab had like no stun, Forward Aerial/Up Smash rarely had more than a few hits connect on smaller characters, and all of her projectiles became very predictable/weak). While I don't necessarily prefer Melee (I actually like her best in 64, despite being the worst character), I can see why so few people played as her in Brawl compared to before.

Judging from your poll, you were thinking along the lines of new specials/attributes from her games. I'd love things like Seeker Missiles, the Space Jump (basically adding multiple jumps to the Screw Attack), and Power Bombs. Maybe the Speed Booster too, though I don't how they'd balance that.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Most people will tell you all of her attributes should be closer to her Melee incarnation than her Brawl one. Most of her specials/go-to KO moves were paltry at best, being shells of what they used to be and being very difficult to actually hit with, much less rely on. Her being floaty made her heaviness somewhat redundant, as she was prone to both juggling and early-ish ceiling KO's. Last but not least, she got the short end of the stick with things like an awfully slow roll (most people here would prefer the Sense Move dodge she has in Other M), a large frame which screwed her against chain-grabs, and very easy to block/DI moves (her Jab had like no stun, Forward Aerial/Up Smash rarely had more than a few hits connect on smaller characters, and all of her projectiles became very predictable/weak). While I don't necessarily prefer Melee (I actually like her best in 64, despite being the worst character), I can see why so few people played as her in Brawl compared to before.

Judging from your poll, you were thinking along the lines of new specials/attributes from her games. I'd love things like Seeker Missiles, the Space Jump (basically adding multiple jumps to the Screw Attack), and Power Bombs. Maybe the Speed Booster too, though I don't how they'd balance that.
Sorry it took me a while but the morphball and speed ball should not be hard to do. And let the bombs explode on contact as well

Any Ideas of ALTERNATE COSTUMES?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
no offense but theres a whole thread dedicated to alt costumes for samus.

she needs buffs and difrent beams could be cool, the question would be how effective theyd be and that they're all usefull.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Definitely about the Morph Ball Bombs. Also, try not to double post.

I'm hoping from one from each game since Brawl released.

Metroid Prime Trilogy - Power Suit (MP1 model), Light Suit (MP2: Echoes), PED Suit (MP3: Corruption)

Along with the usual pink Varia Suit, purple Gravity Suit, and the Fusion Suit. It's a pipe dream/long shot, but I would hope they are actually textured this time to be different than just palette swaps. I see a lot of people request Dark Samus as an alt, which would be neat, but I'd prefer something like the unused Beta Gravity Suit found in MP1's files, as it'd feel weird to being playing as her evil copy (arguably moreso than Dark Link, at least) and I'd actually prefer her as a character (after/in addition Ridley).

Anyway I'd go on, but as Zulyar said, there's another thread for it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/likely-alternate-costumes.341904/

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
no offense but theres a whole thread dedicated to alt costumes for samus.

she needs buffs and difrent beams could be cool, the question would be how effective theyd be and that they're all usefull.
Really, oops ....

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
As Ismar said, a version of Samus much closer to Melee would be perfect, i'm pissed about how Brawl Samus has like no knockback, but other ways to improve Samus is giving her new tools, like a morphball crawl, beam swapping.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I actually found her really fun in Brawl. It just took forever to kill fools and I usually resort to gimmicks and tricks to get a kill under 100%.

Samus needs angled Rainbow missile Up Smash.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
samus really needs some mroe killing power the otehr flaws seem better from trailers, though its seeing how she fares versus the rest of the cast, in brawl i get most of my kills with dair and d tilt, rockets are impossible to get kills with and charge shot while it is possible needs them to be at verry high %'s too and d tilt kills usualy require 140% dmg too depending a bit on stage ofc.

also need bombs exploding on contact, if you're in teh air and teh enemy is below you GG you cant do anything

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
samus really needs some mroe killing power the otehr flaws seem better from trailers, though its seeing how she fares versus the rest of the cast, in brawl i get most of my kills with dair and d tilt, rockets are impossible to get kills with and charge shot while it is possible needs them to be at verry high %'s too and d tilt kills usualy require 140% dmg too depending a bit on stage ofc.

also need bombs exploding on contact, if you're in teh air and teh enemy is below you GG you cant do anything
that's why hopefully they make her B down more powerfull.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
What really makes a good Samus is bomb trickery. Any Samus who can use bomb trickery and spacing effectively is a good Samus in my book.

In other words.....Melee.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Kinda maining Samus in Project M (more like secondary), and I don't think she needs beam swap. The only reason you'd use the ice beam Samus in PM is for the faster rockets, otherwise fire Samus is just better in every way. It's a hard thing to implement without being needlessly complex, and I personally like her being a pure Street Fighter character (focusing on zoning and footsies) in a Smash game.

Melee Samus, basically. She needs more knockback and power.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love for her Usmash to actually SHOOT. Even if the projectile deals little damage, and flinch, the point blank part of the arm cannon should deal the heavier damage and knockback.

(Ideally, I'd love for her Fair to also shoot as well).

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
More than anything, I want her down-B to not suck. My ideal down-B would function as a morph ball transformation with the ability to then roll as a ball indefinitely, plant bombs, jump as a ball and charge up power bombs at will. That would be fantastic.
But having bombs explode on contact would also be just fine, I guess. :p

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
To tell the truth, I LOVE Ice Beam Samus, if she could get a combination of Energy and Ice moves for a single moveset, it'd be perfect, I'd love her Ice Beam Up Smash and her Ice Beam Fair, they're so satisfying when they connect and they've got a ****ton of knockback and hitbox size, although I like Fire Missiles a little more, and the Ice Beam has always been a big part of Samus' Metroid moveset.

Just make her way more acrobatic, and they seem to be doing that exactly, with her FSmash now having ridiculous range with a weird stretching pose, I'm a little dissapointed by the aesthetics of her Charge Beam, though...I preferred the sphere with the twirling orbits, seemed much more spacey.

Top Bottom