• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What leads to a Stairway to Heaven combo?

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
First off, is it even a combo? (its the U-Airs while jumping and following diagonally up.)

Can any of Kirby's throw combos lead into it?

Thanks.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anything, really. I don't think it "is" a combo, as far as I know, the proper word for it is "string." A string is (again, I could be wrong) a bunch of moves that you string together effectively, that make a decent combo, but can be escaped. Your opponent can escape it with good DI, dodging, or counterattacking, but if they don't time it right, or you vary your timing so that you're unpredictable, you'll be able to land multiple hits.

You could like, upsmash->uair uair uair
uair from below a platform -> uair uair uair

My personal favorite though is uair->Bair. A good opponent won't normally fall for multiple uairs.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
AI's are super susceptible to this, the air dodge at the same time so you can hit them then as they airdodge go for another hit. Against humans they wont fall for more than maybe one or two u airs.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
I would recommend a mix of f-airs and u-airs to generate consistent dmg. But you definitely need to know when to back down. I'd say 60% is about the best bet.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
the best way i've maximized damage with Uair is to do a rising Uair so i get a bit of and then Uair once more while fast falling, it sets up will for a grab chase as they've probably used their double jump trying to ecape the second uair. If they have used their double jump u can always chase again but i prefer to grab, its easier to predict air dodges or attacks from the ground than in the air

Valor88

Smash Rookie
Asdioh is pretty much right. Its not necessarily a combo just a string of hits. But it can throw people off. I've trapped an expert falco player in it for a good 4 hits. As for set ups, i dont really perform the stairway to heaven often, i usually use f-throw. or d-throw/d-throw with uptilt. But Gonzo has the idea here considering expert will usually DI from it and airdodge, just predict that. But in a friendly why not go for it. It's fun to hear opponents get mad from getting juggled XD

Top Bottom