• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of modes would you like to see in the next installment?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
"Break the Car" bonus stage to replace "Break the Targets", as it would be dreadful to give each character unique BTT maps and have over 50 of them
Finally some common sense! I don't agree with the "break the car" part, too streetfighterish, but you understand why Sakurai decided to make a single bonus stage for all the character. Now if only he would be so kind to do the same for a return of "board the platforms"...

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Everything's probably been said already, but here goes.

All I want the most is more single player content in general, but at the very least:
- Make Classic mode more like 64, Melee, Brawl's Classic mode. Smash 4's, while interesting at first, was a chore to get through, especially with multiple characters. It's called "Classic" for a reason.
- Give me a proper adventure mode. Their reasoning for not doing it in Smash 4 was ridiculous, and if they're so worried about cutscenes being leaked, then make it more like Melee's. I don't care how they do it, just give me some big levels to smash through.
- It'd be cool if they brought back Board the Platforms and/or Race to the Finish, but PLEASE bring back Break the Targets. Make it like Brawl's if you have to, just bring it back. Target Smash is simply lame in comparison.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a Mario Party type game. The mini games could all be things likened to events or special Melee i.e. 1 stock tiny melee, permanent bunny hoods, 2v2 giant melee, things like that. You wouldn't be forced to use the same character either, they could take the one 1 thing from smash tour and give you multiple characters to play the mini games with. Whether you try to gather coins to buy stars like classic mario party or if it just culminated in some giant smash battle at the end they could make smash tour something actually enjoyable by using a much larger map and not the bland filler it was in sm4sh.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If they intend to do it again I think they should adopt a chess/checkers approach with the fighters as pieces. On each match the attacking one starts with a vantage. But the winner doesn't immediately repristinate their health.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I want to be able to create are own "adventure mode" (or event matches) similar to classic mode in smash 64, melee & i think brawl too. smash 4 single player BOARD me that i would make up my own challenges like fighting classic wario & wario ware wario in a 2 V 1 coin match & so on that be fun you could get 3 lives to beat say 12 levels/challeges lose all 3 live & have to start over & share them online maybe?

OH & why not let us make are own break the targets & boad the platforms in custom stages ? seams like it would be easy to implament ?

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
- Make Classic mode more like 64, Melee, Brawl's Classic mode.
I totally agree! They could blend the casualities of the Melee and Brawl together. Make the All Star kinda like the actual "Classic" (you have three groups of characters to choose between, and every time you swipe out a group, a new one appear, till all group are finished. As new characters are unlocked, the groups gets increased by one unit, starting from the last ones in the queue) and put the original 64's sequence in Event Matches (prize: 64 style blocky alternates for all the original twelve characters.)

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
Finally some common sense! I don't agree with the "break the car" part, too streetfighterish, but you understand why Sakurai decided to make a single bonus stage for all the character. Now if only he would be so kind to do the same for a return of "board the platforms"...
Well, they can give it an Animal Crossing makeover. Gracie's red car will always be the car you trash. The Bonus Stage ends if you walk away and get killed by the blast zone, or having the time run out. It succeeds when the car has been completely trashed to a point it flips and lands upside down. If Villager succeeds, then Gracie will arrive and cry about his car getting trashed, as a secret.

Another thing I want returned in the new SSB port is Race To The Finish bonus stage, which Brawl (and probably SSB4) never had. It will most likely be a remake of the SSB 64 Race To The Finish, and be included in "Simple" mode. There can also be variants of it, such as the Brinstar escape warning at the end of Samus' world, and the Big Blue obstacle course at the beginning of Captain Falcon's world.

rat.jpg

Smash Apprentice
Zombie Mode:

It's like mob smash but the enemies are all zombies. The map is Luigi's Mansion but with wider outisdes. You can barricade and fortify the mansion while the zombies try to break in. The game also spawns items inside for you but healing items outside to tempt you to go out.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
The Classic mode Credits game expanded into a standalone bonus game with some new additions.
You go through stages from series represented in Smash, so for example the SMB3 Airships, Galaga, and anything from Starfox and Kid Icarus.
Spirits would act as power-ups like in traditional auto-scrolling shooters. For example, Takamaru would change your shots to his Windmill Swords, Wood Man would give you the Leaf Sheild, and Mother Brain gives you the ability to charge a laser blast.

UserKev

Smash Champion
We definitely need a Survival Mode. Imagine experimenting with this Mode using your mains. So much replay-ability.

Top Bottom