• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What is your weapon (controller) of choice?

What is your controller of choice?

• Gamecube Controller

Votes: 60 58.3%
  • Wiimote/Wiimote and Nunchuck

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Pro Controller

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • WiiU Gamepad

Votes: 7 6.8%

• Total voters

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Smash U has a total of about five controller controller choices, so which one(s) do you like best? For me, it's the 3DS, Wiimote, and (kinda) Gamecube Controller.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Can you add a few controllers to the poll?
Classic Controller Pro is an option as well as (If we're going to include officially licensed controllers) the Hori Battle Pad for Wii U, and the Wired Fight Pad by PDP.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Can you add a few controllers to the poll?
Classic Controller Pro is an option as well as (If we're going to include officially licensed controllers) the Hori Battle Pad for Wii U, and the Wired Fight Pad by PDP.
I would, but um, how do you edit the poll? :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Initially I'll just stick to the Classic Controller, but I might switch back to the Gamecube Controller eventually.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
WiiU Pro Controller for me. Because its comfortable and amazing as hell and it closely resembles the 3ds which I'm very used to.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The Gamecube controller. It's the best for smash, to me that is.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Gamecube controller. Though if I end up not getting a U for some reason, may just use my 3DS to avoid muscle memory issues.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Pro Controller (because they're wireless and I already have them) with N64 config or Hori battle pad.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
GameCube hands down! If somehow I need to use another controller, it'll be the 3ds controller or gamepad.

Zenpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zenpie
Switch FC
SW 2173-5465-7616
I'm going to attempt to use the Gamepad but most likely the WiiU Pro.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
GameCube since I am most comfortable and adjusted to it.
The Classic Controller would probably be second, since it feels really guud to use.

I would use my 3DS but I think I want to refrain from anymore strain on it.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'll use the GC Smash controllerto break it in then I'll eventually go back to using my GC Wavebird! One of the best controllers I have ever owned! I might mess with the gamepad a lil but mostly GC!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will be using a Pro Controller, since it feels similar to the 360 controller, which I use to play games on my computer.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Right now, I have a choice between the Wii U Pro controller or the GameCube controller. One of those two will be best suited for me to Smash.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Wiimote+Nunchuk or Gamepad. I will probably main gamepad.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Smash U has a total of about five controller controller choices, so which one(s) do you like best? For me, it's the 3DS, Wiimote, and (kinda) Gamecube Controller.
You forgot the classic controller as an option. I say that I am thinking to have that as my weapon of choice. I will try the WiiU pro controller, but I think the Wii Classic controller will win as I really like that a lot.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I voted for Pro Controller, mostly because there was no Classic Controller option and that's what I used throughout Brawl once I got my own Wii in 2009. And I plan to use either that or Pro Controller for Smash 4.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I love the wii classic but gamecube is wonderful too. Will try the yoshi fight pad and gamepad just to see how they feel.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
question to whoever partook in the wii U event. If you had the chance to customize controls. Is the 3DS d pad still devoted to taunts?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Seeing as how I haven't touched a Gamecube controller in years and how acclimated I am with the 3DS controls, I'll more than likely stick with something I'm comfortable with like the Wii U Gamepad or Pro controller. Although I will be buying the Gamecube Adapter and a couple Gamecube controllers for my friends and family who prefer that control scheme.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Sadly, no.I say just put the wiimote someplace and put a rock on it, works for me.
A great controller with a cable and wireless lag. That's like the worst of both worlds. And we have to find a place to put the Wiimote so it's always pointing at the screen at the right height. A shame really because the controller is just so good.

I do wish the USB to Wii classic controller adapters work on the WIiU. It works with my iMac so I can use the Dolphin emulator with the classic controller there. I could try it with the WiiU but I don't think it'll work sadly. That would be an adapter and a cable (on the classic controller). Not the best of situations but it'd remove the wireless portion.
I know I'm dreaming here but I can dream right?

Top Bottom