• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the saddest video game?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Halo 3 (Masterchief's possible death is hinted but not comfirmed)

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (poor Lyon)

Megaman Zero 4.... Zero sacrifices himself. Poor Zero.

Jade Cocoon. Most of you are probably not familiar with this old PS1 game. In the beginning a young boy and girl (roughly teenage age) who are childhood friends. Suddenly a huge swarm of moths from the forest flies over their village and puts almost the entire town into an endless sleep with their spores. The only way to stop this is for the boy (the hero) to marry his friend (they were already in love) and tame the monsters of the forest for his own use (like in Poke'mon). He would have to find a cure while facing grave danger. Along the way you find the boy's father who went into the forest earlier never to return. His father was a monster now and you have to kill him. Then the boys young wife is turned into a fairy and will stay that way unless you find the cure for that quickly. I never did get past that point so needless to say, that was very unsastisfying. And she was so cute. :ohwell:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Sonic Adventure: I blubbered like a baby when
E-102 died ;_;

Monster Rancher (4): One does not now how incredibly tear-jerking it is to have a monster you grew so attatched to, get too old, and forced into a freezing chamber. Amplified tenfold by the cheerful-yet-sad music during the final ranch weeks when you're saying you're last goodbyes to your beloved monster in your head. Possibly the most unintentionally teatjerking game I've ever played.

Mother 3: Just.....Mother 3. You really have to feel sorry for poor Flint and Lucas. Hell, and Porky for that matter.
No human being deserves to be locked up in a small capsule for all of eternity, in a zombie-like state nonetheless.

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 has an amazing story...basically all the guests in the hotel have a sad background that relates to the main plot. And it feels very real because of how complex and fleshed-out the characters are in this game.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Star Wars Republic Commando. Yes, I'm serious. I was really into the game and that ending really did me. Frustrating and since there was no sequel I still did not compensate that finish. :(
OMFG, i remember that ending. i was freaking angry at yoda when scorch wanted to go back but wouldn't let him...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
MAN.

Almost done MGS4, and so far, its gotten pretty **** depressing.
Also moreso than MGS3 already, and I've yet to see the ending.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
To the guy that said H3: Spoilers...
On the legendary ending, the Master Chief survives. Him and Cortana are in a spaceship of some sort. The exact details elude me 'cause it's been a while since I played/beat it. There are some theories about the Halo series leading up to the Marathon series that Bungie developed awhile back, seeing as how in Marathon the main char is also John 117 with Mjolnir armor. It's all actually a very deep and intricate story... you should visit bungie.net forums and read up on what you can if you want.

Saddest game for me... no idea actually. Some tear jerkers though were FFs 6, 7, 9, and 10. Majora's Mask had a "sad" feel, but the ending made up for all that.

I always get a little quirky when finishing an excellent game. It's like finishing a good book too... you just don't want it to end, but when it does you feel kinda sad lol.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Okay, I haven't played as many games as most of you, I'd guess, but I know what's sad, and many people in this thread have already mentioned it: Majora's Mask. I don't think any Zelda was so emotionally disturbing as this one. And the music makes everything even sadder. Ever listened to Elegy of Emptiness? Stone Tower? Giants' Theme? And the most heartwrenching moment was the
reunion of Anju and Kafei just before the moon hits Termina
And to consider this will probably never stop until Link destroys the evil doer. Even though it isn't up to par with OoT, it's still a great Zelda game. The only thing I didn't like about this game was that it was frustrating!

Oh, and to get to a different game: I cried at the end of Final Fantasy X. ;_; I've never played FFVII so I wouldn't know what's that all about.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I been wondering this

But is it true cut scenes are 90 minutes long?
The longest cutscene clocked in at about a little over an hour; and that's the final cutscene in the game, making it the final thing you see of Solid Snake and Metal Gear Solid.

An understandable length, since it's so important.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I never finished MGS3 and I never played Mother 3 but I really want to play them now!

I've never cried because of a game but I guess FF7 when Aerith dies.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Saddest game for me... no idea actually. Some tear jerkers though were FFs 6, 7, 9, and 10. Majora's Mask had a "sad" feel, but the ending made up for all that.

I always get a little quirky when finishing an excellent game. It's like finishing a good book too... you just don't want it to end, but when it does you feel kinda sad lol.
i wanted to cry after FF9 because it was the best game i've played in my life and the adventure was finally over. after that i went to beat ozma which took me over 30 tries and i felt the same way after beating the hardest boss in all FF.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Lost Odyssey can be pretty sad, especially some of Kaim's dreams.

No FF8 lovers out there? The ending always gets me, especially the Laguna segment.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem 7 is pretty sad. And I'll put the reason's why in spoilers.
Eliwood's father dies. Eliwood accidentally kills Ninian (who is brought back later.) The good hearted Black Fang clan was deceived and then killed. Archsage Athos dies. Ninian and Nils have to leave the human world at the end because they are dragons. And lastly Prince Zephiel, the little ***** who you risk your life to save, becomes evil in the end. Of course, just like any other Fire Emblem game, its also sad when you lose a unit, which is bound to happen in the last level of this one. :ohwell:

Top Bottom