• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the point of preferred rules

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
My settings are ffa with items on because I hate 1v1 because the matchmaking is horrible. And yet all they place me is 1v1s what is the effing point of preferred rules if I’m not gonna play the game mode I want. Im starting to think that I wasted 60$ because I’m getting really angry at this sh** online

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Because screw the division between casuals and competitors.

Welp, Sakurai being the go-getter didn’t really work this time around concerning online. I knew it was gonna be bad the moment I first saw it. Sadly it doesn’t look like there’s gonna be any major changes to the structure as of now.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
So your matchmaking can be Perfect, Patricia.

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
So your matchmaking can be Perfect, Patricia.
Well it’s not it’s horrible. I’m tired of 1v1s. I’m tired of getting combed and nothing I can do about it. Edge guarding in this game is so easy too. At least ffa I can actually have fun

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
All thats left is arena matches

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Well it’s not it’s horrible. I’m tired of 1v1s. I’m tired of getting combed and nothing I can do about it. Edge guarding in this game is so easy too. At least ffa I can actually have fun
If you're getting only 1v1s, are you in elite Smash?
Just try battle arenas.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I have the opposite problem. I usually can't find Elite matches, so they throw me in FFA or Team Battles. Most of the time, items are on. On average, I get about 6-8 KO's per match (unless the time is set to 3 minutes), and I feel bad because I get matched with people who offer no challenge whatsoever.

I do plenty of fun, non-serious stuff offline with friends, so I don't mind when none of my search preferences are met online. I'm just glad to play Smash, ya know? With that being said, it'd be nice to get more 1v1s lol.

Also, try not to be intimated if you're thrown in a 1v1 match. It's good practice, at the very least.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I’m sorry your matchmaking is working like that. Maybe it’s because at your GSP there are more people who want to play 1v1s. For the most part it’s done a good job with me 1v1, 3 stocks, no items but I’ve had my share of bad matches. Maybe certain rulesets are more consistent than others. Still Nintendo definitely needs to look into this

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've yet to be thrown into a FFA when searching for 1v1 matches, so I don't have too many complaints besides my opponents choosing extremely short time limits for three stocks matches sometimes. It's quite annoying losing to a time out. Most of the people I've played had items turned off, too, so that's nice.

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty happy with online. I get 1v1 99% of the time and the enemies are around mu skill level most of the time. Maybe ffa with items isn’t as popular in your region.

I you are not into competitive you can maybe try play against friends or bots. Or search for new friends online to start a ffa item game with you.

Top Bottom