• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the maddest you gotten online

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Example, I was on for glory using Pac Man earlier today. This guy uses Game and Watch. I was kicking his ass at first, got him up to 80% Then out of the ****ing blue...He starts throwing 9s out of his hammer. I do not mean far in between. I swear to god, every other number was a 9.

Just random smashes...He gets me with the 9s while I scream "that is impossible!!"

I proceed to use Little Mac one of my mains, and body him so hard, I up air him for the first kill, then side b the edge of the stage with him below me to spike him...he leaves fast.

So what are your moments of hate filled rage on Smash?

Last edited:

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I get really mad when a scrub beats me due to lag, or some scrubs beat me in 2v2 due to a crappy teamate

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I get angry every time I play online because I am hot garbage at video games, amd then I curse them to make me feel better.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One time I was fighting a :4tlink: while playing as :4drmario:. I was about to KO them but as I used my up-B to recover, I accidentally used it the wrong way, causing me to fall to my death. While I'm falling she does TL's side taunt like me messing up was all her work. Of course she leaves right after.

Toxicational

Smash Rookie
EVERY SINGLE TIME I get a beating from a for glory link or a smash attack spamming Ike just because of the input lag I want to explode.

Also when I fight good villagers, marios, and Bowser jrs that gets me angry also, because of their spamming and the down throw up tilt bull****.

Ugh.

CoolCove

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolCove
3DS FC
0103-9962-4793
Usually I get angry if there is a TON of lag and the other player is worse than me, but manages to outplay me because of the lag. That's one of the reasons I don't play For Glory that often, you either get paired with someone with bad lag, or someone who side B's of the stage as Mac.

RJBlazer

Smash Rookie
Today, I was playing against :4megaman: and I was playing as :rosalina: on For Glory 1on1 and I lost because I used the recovery the wrong way. Then the Mega Man Player said "HAHA!, "USUCK!" Then I was like STFU and then I kicked his butt with :4samus:! And how does he react? He says the exact same thing, "USUCK!" Damn, I hated that arrogant sore winner! Despite I was so mad about his immature reaction, I said "Good Game!" and left the lobby. Sore Winners tick me off more than losing any match in general.

Last edited:

RJBlazer

Smash Rookie
EVERY SINGLE TIME I get a beating from a for glory link or a smash attack spamming Ike just because of the input lag I want to explode.

Also when I fight good villagers, marios, and Bowser jrs that gets me angry also, because of their spamming and the down throw up tilt bull****.

Ugh.
I feel you. Can't stand those types of players either.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
One time I was fighting a :4tlink: while playing as :4drmario:. I was about to KO them but as I used my up-B to recover, I accidentally used it the wrong way, causing me to fall to my death. While I'm falling she does TL's side taunt like me messing up was all her work. Of course she leaves right after.

lol Oh that would piss me off. Why taunt if you SD, he disrespected you.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Lag making me lose most of my matches. They serisualy need to make it so that if your connection is too bad, you can't play online. Or not pair you up with someone with good connection.

Srrsly, I feel so sorry for Pikachu Mains, How the heck do they Quick Attack when lag makes him either go in random directions instead of where you choose, or not register the second half.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Today, I was playing against :4megaman: and I was playing as :rosalina: on For Glory 1on1 and I lost because I used the recovery the wrong way. Then the Mega Man Player said "HAHA!, "USUCK!" Then I was like STFU and then I kicked his butt with :4samus:! And how does he react? He says the exact same thing, "USUCK!" Damn, I hated that arrogant sore winner! Despite I was so mad about his immature reaction, I said "Good Game!" and left the lobby. Sore Winners tick me off more than losing any match in general.
I know that feeling. As a dedicated Rosalina main myself, using her recovery the wrong way is a Rosalina main's worst nightmare. And as a Mega Man main myself, I'm very disappointed in the way he responded.

As far as the topic in hand, the only thing that gets me on my bad side is the input lagging.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Every time I whiff the PK thunder bolt due to lag, or every time PK thunder 2 bounces off the ledge rather than grabbing it, both of which result in an SD.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I do that with Kirby's down taunt lol.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Lag making me lose most of my matches. They serisualy need to make it so that if your connection is too bad, you can't play online. Or not pair you up with someone with good connection.

Srrsly, I feel so sorry for Pikachu Mains, How the heck do they Quick Attack when lag makes him either go in random directions instead of where you choose, or not register the second half.
Yea seriously. They should give you an option called "Block laggy matches". If the ping is really high(leading to horrendous input lag), the match should just not even start and give you a "This connection is too bad to start" error.

Actually, why not just make ping visible in waiting rooms, so everybody knows right away when a super lagger joins.

Last edited:

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Surprised I haven't seen this yet despite how common it is.......*sigh* FOR GLORY LITTLE MACS! FSMASH FSMASH FSMASH SIDE B OFF STAGE!! YAY!

Breakout

Smash Rookie
NNID
Plataypus72
I got a for glory link. You know spam arrow/boomerang and for some reason you can't get in from across the stage playing as peach due to lag, or your huge hurt box. Once you get close enough they run to the other side of the stage, and the process starts again and you can't move around because it's FD no platforms. Then once you get to a high enough percentage they start spamming smash attacks you avoid 90% of them then you get hit by one, and you die because your a floatie . Repeat that twice. Then after they "win" they save a replay, and you can just hear them say "man I'm so good at this game" with a little smirk on their faces. That got me so mad that later that day my mom talked me into seeing help because I screamed, and cursed so loud from frustration from my room.

Breakout

Smash Rookie
NNID
Plataypus72
Then right after I got a laggy spamus, and had to turn the wii u off before I drifted off into complete insanity.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Considering how team battle is a roll of a die whether you get a competent partner or not, I've had plenty of moments that make me go, 'Ugh! Come on dude!'

Though there was one team match up that made me use the, 'I'M OUT!' tag my brother made. I usually just leave the room without saying anything but I was just so done haha.

There was a Palutena and Pacman who would always get paired up together. And I would always get the person who would enter, then leave, enter then leave. The Palutena was freaking on point, knew her stuff, overall a great challenge since I rarely run into Palutena period. The Pacman, also good, he tended to run a lot though.

What was annoying was how cocky the Palutena player was, she taunted all the time and even back on the CSS she would constantly gloat.

What was even more infuriating is I would never get a partner who could stand even with me. They'd often die in the first few seconds of the match whether it was their own SD or getting spiked by Palutena or mind tricked by Pacman, whoever they were facing against. I often felt like I was fighting both characters at the same time honestly. Every partner who came and left was almost as worst as the next one. I stayed cause I just really wanted to beat this Palutena. It just felt like no matter what number of kills I managed to get, my partner would have died like three times or something.

Of course there were also the rounds were I myself would goof up and only get like one kill or even no kills lol. On the bad rounds, I could literally spend the entire match chasing down the Pacman as Roy, he literally just kept running from one end of the stage to the other and would not die. Getting interrupted by Palutena every now and then of course. Or on the other end of the spectrum, trying to go head to head with Palutena as Ike, only to get juggled and spiked and also Pacman says hi. They just had the best team synergy.

Focusing my attention on one meant the other one would never die that match ever. So it was me running everywhere on the stage, to chase Pacman, to go head to head with Palutena oh crap she got me in the air, back to chasing down Pacman who hasn't died yet really!

So yes I was extremely salty and I let my salt be known visibly through the tag with, 'I'M OUT!'.
Again usually I'm like, screw it and leave without saying nothing when I normally put up some GGs, but this set of matches had me so heated! So yes this is likely the maddest I've ever gotten.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Playing as ZSS-->recovering with flip kick-->use side b to tether ledge-->lag spike-->uses kick from flip jump instead of side b-->SD

Playing against Falcon-->gets grabbed-->mashes-->lag spike-->uses up b by accident-->gets falcon punched-->SHOW ME YA MOOVZ

smh

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Playing as ZSS-->recovering with flip kick-->use side b to tether ledge-->lag spike-->uses kick from flip jump instead of side b-->SD

Playing against Falcon-->gets grabbed-->mashes-->lag spike-->uses up b by accident-->gets falcon punched-->SHOW ME YA MOOVZ

smh

lol That is why they call him Captain Disrespect.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
When I have a terrible partner in for glory 2v2, the kind of dude that shields agaisnt a fast character in a sudden death.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
When my opponent decides to become disrespectful by double taunting and tea-bagging on our FIRST match. Seriously, who was the last mother-f***** you fought that made you this salty to the point that you end up letting it out on me?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I got so mad once I sent my mother to the hospital because she kept spamming Roy's counter.

In all seriousness, I've gotten mad some times, usually from annoying players that beat me and then berate me for it. There can be occasional cuss words, but that's the usual sign to stop. Never yelled and screamed nor have ever broken over it though.

Oddly I have had more grievances in 4 player For Fun than 1v1 For Glory. Almost every time I played, usually all 3 other players would team up to get me and taunt it up when I die and never hit each other, unless it would prove beneficial to my loss.

I guess it's the thought that in a game where it should be a free for all, I'm left out of some "secret club" and am targeted because of it. That gets me steamed.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Today..... Faced the most frustrating paceman in history on 3ds... Actually knew what he was doing with frame traps and setups 2 stocked me twice..... Ended up punching a hole in my shelf...... Never in smash did I feel such frustration, not in brawl getting cg infinited by ic, not by facing a mk in a brawl tournament who two stocked me a lot harder then this pac , never in any recent game did I end up in rage mode so much as to physically get destructive. Not since my younger days of Nes and snes games like ghouls and ghosts or the old mega man games was I that angry <_<'

Idk what it is about pacman but his playstyle is the most frustrating one to go against in smash 4 for me, especially when the pac knows what he's doing as it feels like there is no way around it whatsoever

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
There was this guy who I faced a lot of times who I can't seem to beat. I always get ticked if I can't beat them at all and I know I'm not doing my best.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Allow me to explain basically 80% of my FG matches in song...

"Why the f**k you rollin"

"Why you always rollin?"

"Lagggg oh my god"

"Stop f**kin rollin"

Last edited:

phire_

Smash Cadet
I only get mad if my opponent on FG is good, but is a cocky ******* that taunts and insults me.

I get even more pissed if I get insulted because the other guy got a lucky win.

It seems every time I play FG, I'm reminded of why I shouldn't.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The maddest I got...

It was against the most coward, projectile fanatic :4rob: I've ever seen. I won, yet, I was mad.

The battle was already unintersting, as approaching as :4zelda: isn't an easy task.

But once that guy knew he was going to lose, he would only: Flee, roll and spam Down Smash if I'm close, and use projectiles... But ONLY if I did something. He would never try to approach or attack. NEVER.

I managed to take his stock during the last 30s by doing Zelda's jab, tricking him and "forcing" him to use his fully charge laser, only to get punished by Farore. Spending almost five minutes with a pure coward is definitely not fun.

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
But once that guy knew he was going to lose, he would only: Flee, roll and spam Down Smash if I'm close, and use projectiles... But ONLY if I did something. He would never try to approach or attack. NEVER.
Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic

Hehe.

You're lucky if that's all your R.O.B. opponent ever did. Mines did the exact same thing, but with the lag and the shielding all the dang time (Oh boy...). From my experience, I have an easier time destroying them as Peach than any other characters I use. I can kill'em; it's just a pain doing it when you're also forced to fight more cautiously than you normally would have.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I got pretty pissed at an opponent who was running and taunting the whole time, while lagging me to death (2 frames a second). I quit mid-match. Nothing more than that. lol

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
Some dude beat me like 10 matches in a row while I was practicing with a secondary so I switched to Tink so I could maybe beat him. He switched to Game and Watch. I got him down to 90% on his last stock while I was on 50% on mine, then suddenly...

Mid-air 9 hammer.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Definitely people that lag and win because of said lag. I can't count the amount of times I've hit the c stick in lag and got jab instead of Fsmash that most certainly would've killed or when my recovery fails in lag. It's even worse when they start popping off when they know how laggy it was.

manilamerc

Smash Cadet
When I played a King Dee Dee I came close to beating him 5 times but couldn't finish him off

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Just recently I gamed with what is for sure a lag switcher. he switched to sonic and I should of been wise right then and there. Game is lag free 3 rmatches, but when I start to body him on his last stock, the games slows and chugs and he starts taunting and camping taking advantage of the lag, jesus I wanted to quit even though I had a 1 stock lead and 50% lead, but because of his lag switch. He killed me, as sonic is hella fast.

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
It wasn't me who was mad, but today I've seen someone get the maddest I've seen online. It was on Anther's Ladder.

So I was playing some endless friendlies with a guy. He offered to do a few custom matches "for fun". Being the heartless ******* that I apparently am, I took this as an opportunity to go Mii Brawler (1122S). Immediately upon seeing my character choice, he types in chat: "OH MAN, HERE COMES THE JANK". I win the next two games with Brawler. After my second win, he responds with "F YOUR CHARACTER" and starts saying crap about how miis should be stuck to 1111 and how it's "jank" and **** :c. After one more Brawler victory, I decide to take out the Brawler and switch to Kirby cuz I could tell that this guy was really getting upset over the "jank" :ohwell:

Fast forward about 2 matches and it's my Kirby vs. his Falco on Omega Pirate Ship. He up-tilits me up towards the ceiling, and he gets me above the camera line. He then uses his Up-B to try to finish me off, but I had enough time to quickly move above him and Down-B as he approached. I hit him and he lost his last stock at literally 12% (32% after the hit). EDIT: I captured the moment in a gfycat (http://gfycat.com/AnxiousIckyDuckbillplatypus)

His response: "OMG" "**** THIS"
-this chat has been closed-

He then says in global chat "I'm actually for real 100% quitting Smash 4"

I sorta feel bad... :urg:
But damn that was clutch :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom