• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best Pokemon in D/P to use your Master Ball on?

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
I'm highly contemplating using it on Mespirit...it's pissing me off real bad. >_< On the other hand, I tried to catch Uxie and failed, so I reset my game. Nothing seemed to work.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I'm highly contemplating using it on Mespirit...it's pissing me off real bad. >_< On the other hand, I tried to catch Uxie and failed, so I reset my game. Nothing seemed to work.
actually, just do what i did:

Step 1: get a relatively weak pokemon, (like a level 60 or so golbat with meanlook) and use mean look on it.

Step 2: Whittle it down until it is in the red. close to almost no health.

make sure you have a dummy move like growl or leer.

Step 3: Let your golbat die. (i.e., let mesprit kill it.)

Step 4: throw out another pokemon, and when you go to attack, mesprit will flee.

Step 5: THE FINALE!!!! When you run into Mesprit again, it will still be in the red. throw a quick ball.

YOU HAVE NOW JUST CAUGHT MESPRIT.

i've done this with TONS of people, and believe me, it works. it's really easy too. so yeah, save your masterball for cressellia.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I used my master ball on Giratina....Didn't feel like waiting entire life time to use timer balls or weaken it to 1hp and paralyze it(Yeah I fail at pokemans)...how ever for Uxie if you do use the paralyze and at 1hp tactic...it works...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Well I just transfered cloned MasterBalls and used those but use it on Arceus if you go to the event, why? Because none of the other legendaries are a Challenge,

1.Regigigas- Caught it with a Great Ball in 3 turns.
2.Cressela- Defensive not offensive, Get a Wobufett and constantly use Mirror Coat.
3.Giratina- It's Shadow Force can't even OHKO my Lv52 Raichu.
4.Azelf- Really, it's powerful but I had Dialga.
5.Mesprit- Same as Cressela.
6.Uxie - Same as Mesprit.
7.Heatran-.................................Okay now that's a challenge!
8.Dialga/Palkia- Poke'Ball, really?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I used my master ball on Giratina....Didn't feel like waiting entire life time to use timer balls or weaken it to 1hp and paralyze it(Yeah I fail at pokemans)...how ever for Uxie if you do use the paralyze and at 1hp tactic...it works...
Why didn't you just use dusk balls? Same catchrate as a maxed out timer ball except it works from the beginning.

Anyway, I plan on cloning my masterball, but if I had to choose one pokemon, it would be cresselia. It takes much longer to reset for this one, since after you "activate" it, you determine its IVs and Nature, and after that, you've gotta find it to catch it. Once you do catch it, if the nature and IVs suck, you've gotta reset back to the point you were at before. You can't even do anything in the mean time, since it's just gonna end up getting erased anyway. If Cress didn't wander, I would say azelf, because it is such a powerful pokemon, and being able to easily catch a good natured/IV'd one for wifi is very nice. Mesprit is a joke. Don't waste your masterball on it.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I used dusk balls trust me my poke ball bag is full of Quick and Dusk balls (around 40 of each) and for some reason dusk balls wouldn't work...plus I had to take an exam so I was impatient....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I used mine on Diagla, simply because wen it came time to fight it, all I had was 1 poke with about 10 hp left, no potions or revives, and I wasn't walking back through all THAT just to get more potions.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
I just AR'ed infinite masterballs. It just saves so much time.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Palkia. I was getting my *** kicked and just tossed it to end things.

I brought over an extra Masterball from Emerald (<3 the Cloning glitch) for Mesprit. Caught Uxie with a Timer Ball. I caught Azelf with an Ultra Ball...at full health.

Didn't get the others yet.

~rh

Smash Lord
I caught Uxie and Azelf with dusk balls, as well as Dialga. Those things are god tier.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You know that you can have more than that right?

Why would you need that many, ever? Masterballs would only be necessary to catch legendaries and reset for the proper natures. Tha's like 10 Masterballs, right? Then I guess there are those Bedlums with their freakishly low catch rates, but you only need to catch one and breed it.

homsar

Smash Ace
Why would you need that many, ever? Masterballs would only be necessary to catch legendaries and reset for the proper natures. Tha's like 10 Masterballs, right? Then I guess there are those Bedlums with their freakishly low catch rates, but you only need to catch one and breed it.
Oh, I never said you needed more. I just said you could have more. THe limit has increased. I personelly have 8, some to seal trade deals with and others incase any shinies pop up during my team building.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
Okay, caught Uxie. Used MB on Cresselia, and Mespirit is still on the lose with red HP and Paralysis. I got a Wobbuffet now, and it's ability stops fleeing. Soon as I level it up a bit I'll head after the beast once again.

Wrath`

Smash Master
ok here is what i did

Dialga: in game master ball
Uxie: ultra ball after 4 rounds
azelf: my see and flee method did nopt work,so i can never get(i thought it would come back)
mespirt: master ball of of saphire(had a few m balls left on that game)
Giratina: m ball
Hetran: m ball
regigigas: hmmmm m ball
cresselia: do not have it yet,but i am out of master balls:(
arcues: Quick ball,yes quick ball
darkri: friend gave me two m balls and the events for arceus darkri and shemi.
Shemi: m ball

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yeah, Dialga and Palkia (Gah, I hate the English names) have really high catch rates!

and PS: You can catch Beldums?!?!

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Definately Bidoof. There's no way you're catching one without it.

Top Bottom