• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best controller setup for zap jumping?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I've been testing out some different setups to maximize the efficiency of the Lucas' Zap Jump. So far, I've tried setting R to jump... which makes it extremely difficult because of the spring inside of the shoulder buttons... another thing I tried was setting Z to jump (and setting R as grab since I need a new grab button), I thought that would be easier, but the timing is still a bit difficult. So far, the easiest way for me is to set my C-Stick to specials, and pressing right or left on the C-Stick while pressing up on the left analog stick to jump at the same time.

I know I haven't tried all the possibilities, but I was wondering if any of you guys have a good setup that allows you to Zap Jump consistently

Levitas

the moon
Take your pick, bsticking, L/R jump, or both.

I do L jump. Note that bstick w/o L/R jump requires tap jump on.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Z is jump. Y is grab to compensate for losing the jump button. B-sticking is for me as well.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
I have Y set to specials, so I just press X and Y at the same time with my thumb and holding the direction. Works good for me. And no bsticking.

Veng

Smash Ace
Is zap jumping even that usefull in a battle? im an active Lucas again and just curious.

I know b stickings great for spacing.

Top Bottom