• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Samus position in the tier list?

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
I really want to know what is samus position in the tier list. It might be high mid or low high.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
We simply do not and can not know until there's more tournaments.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
There is no tier list right now. There won't be an even somewhat fairly definitive one for at least a year probably.

As for Samus?

She'll probably be mid/high-low, low-mid. What she deserves? Currently I think she deserves at least mid-mid, maybe high-mid. This is of course using what we currently know about her metagame and Brawl's metagame, which is little more than jack ****.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yokoi? You mean Gumpei Yokoi? Didn't he make Metroid and the Game Boy? lol

I guess that was off topic... I think she's low tier <--(dumb AFD filter). So many characters are ridiculously overpowered and Samus is just... meh Then again, what do I know?

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
Marth is supposed be be "high tier" and i havent lost to a marth yet, short hop z air+short hop missles seem to be really effective

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
I love Samus but honestly, she got screwed up in Brawl. I would say low tier, maybe if she's lucky, low-ish mid tier.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Too be honest we don't know just yet, but I can see Samus ending about High Tier, possibly Top Tier, she has tons of unlocked potential, trust me, she will own.

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't see why people are so interested in what ranking in the tier list she is, not with the way we make them.

The way we put together the tier lists (tournament rankings) is ********, because it seems the majority of smashers deem higher tier ranking as better characters. Which has very little to do with placing in tournaments.

**** SWF tier lists, play what character you have fun with, however you have fun.

As far as how good a character she is? I'd say top.
Tournament placings? Bottom.

Eten

Smash Ace
Samus in heavy brawl=god tier. Seriously, no questions asked.
Very very true! I wish she fell and short hopped like she did in heavy brawl normally. Combined with her crazy autocanceling and the fact that she has as high and slow of a short hop as she does normally, she'd get a HUGE improvement, since you could short hop any aerial and instantly land into any other attack. This would also work for her infamous Zair, for even faster super long range stun zappy goodness. Now everyone would probably benefit to some degree by making things fall faster for short hops and combos, but Samus is almost built to specifically excell at it.

Sadly... .we're not playing heavy brawl. =(

Tiers reflect tournament placings, which has just as much if not more to do with the players playing and developing metagame than it has to do with the quality of the characters. Still, I don't expect Samus to do well because she simply takes a lot of work, much more so than most others. Perhaps if people develop her metagame extraordinarily well, and even find things to break and exploit, she can be high tier, but I'd not bet on the community being able to pull that off.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
Low mid-tier, sadly.

Seriously, who ever says top tier for the actual future tiers deserves to get the fantasy slapped outta them.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I believe she will likely place highly in mid tier if any amount of people use her.

Her Zair has wonderful approach applications and on the other hand it works extremely well at hindering your opponent's, her landing lag on her airs is second to none, and her offstage/edgeguard game is fantastic.

But... she has only mediocre range and priority on many of her moves and poor non-gimp KO potential, all of which will hold her back on the tiers.

Top Bottom