• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is my skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
I was at a tournament (otakon) and i went 2v2 against a ganon and a falcon. (i was with a peach and i was shiek)

my peach friend wasnt that great and he died, leaving me with 1 life vs 2 of them both with 2 lives.

They were perfect at shffling and were hopping across the screen a light speed. Although, i managed to stay alive a while, killed each one once (we were all around 0 damage) before taking the inevitable smash to the face. This was on final destination as well.

I didnt get to play them 1 on 1 because the lines were too long.

where would i be ranked going up against that kind of skill. i dont go to tournaments, so i dont know how i fare against good players, but these 2 seemed to be very good at advanced techniques.

i also went to the 1v1v1v1 area and went undefeated for 10+ rounds until i decided to leave.

just curious if people with those kind of skills tend to be ranked highly among people on these boards.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
There is no real way to tell but I can tell you for sure that if you dont use advanced techniques than you are not a good player. But dont worry there are alot of people on here that arent that great. All in all, learn advanced techniques if you want to compete. Being a shiek player it could be understandable why you would do well against a c falcon and a gannondorf because she ***** those characters. Also shiek is probably the character you need the least technical ability with when it comes to high tiers, meaning that it can be easy to pick her up when you arent at a high level (up to a point at least).

Zgetto

Smash Ace
if you really wanna see how you stand against good people got toregional zone and search for a tourney in your region on smashboards(it seems the tourney you went to is from somewere else?, sorry if im wrong)
this is were usually the good people come too
i dont think theres a other way to know what your skill is.

Fletch

Smash Master
SHFFLing really isn't any great indication of a player's skill level, so it is impossible to tell. Pretty much every poster on these boards I'm guessing can SHFFL at will, but a lot of us aren't the best players in the world. And once players initially learn the advanced techniques, I'd say it makes your game first at once, so you could have potentially caught these players in this stage of their game. Also, you said you play Sheik, who is probably the easiest player to technically play at first, and you played against two characters that she typically *****. Anyways, without videos, it is impossible to tell you, sorry.

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's hard to master Peach which is probably why your friend was defeated so quickly, but Sheik is much easier to pick up. You don't use advanced techniques, but you can hold your own against those who do (even though they're probably at the early stages of mastering it and they use characters who Sheik has a good advantage over), so I'd say you stand somewhere in the "above mediocre" level of play. Not to say that you're a pro or anything since this is comparing you to all smashers. But you must be at least a decent player to go ten matches undefeated at a tourney. If you want to stand with the best, it's advised, though not mandatory, to learn and utilize advanced techniques.

pdk

Smash Lord
skill is too abstract to be expressed this way, the only way you can give anyone a clear picture (let alone one detailed enough for them to answer your questions from) is by showing instead of telling

hova

Smash Champion
i rank you at the level of sheik scrub

if you're seriously asking, you'd probably get ***** at any real tourney

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hova sums this up pretty nicely, sorry about the truth. Moving at "lightspeed" simply means you usually don't encounter people who know how to play the game. Most of the experianced people nowadays move and play against people who move at "lightspeed" and have been doing so for 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom