• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is it to really have "A Life?"

orintemple

Smash Lord
In order to have a life you need a job, friends, goals, and a hobby.
That's exactly what someone from the 50's would say. This is NOT true. Your life is determined by how you want it to be. If you want to be a hermit, then thats your life, no one can stop you. This is a very narrow minded and conservative view of a "life".

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
That's exactly what someone from the 50's would say. This is NOT true. Your life is determined by how you want it to be. If you want to be a hermit, then thats your life, no one can stop you. This is a very narrow minded and conservative view of a "life".
In the literal sense having a life is just living. How you do it makes no difference. However I was more considering the popular quote "Get a life, and what it would take in order for their to be an acceptance that you indeed have a life. In which I felt that in order to keep someone from telling you to "get a life." You would need to have a job, a goal, a hobby, and friends. Seems reasonable enough to me. Most people are naturally drawn to such anyway. Now you could take these to extremes such as over working at your job and being obsessed with it. In which you would now have no life even though you had a job. The same goes for the other three. Though I haven't heard anyone tell a person who spends his life socializing, to "get a life," but I am sure it happens. Pretty much in all things moderation.

I fail to see how it is really that narrow minded considering this seems to occur almost naturally. I could understand if I made a list of acceptable jobs, goals, friends, and hobbies but I didn't do that instead I left to the individual and each category has near limitless possibilities for one to pursue according to their preference.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I don't see how simply stating a viewpoint is forcing anyone to accept anything. Obviously by your blatant remarks against what I have stated, you do not share the same view, which means that you obviously have not been influenced by me forcing my viewpoint on you. Either I am not doing a good job of it and must try harder or I am not doing as you say I am.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Having a Life is how often you have sex and how often you do not do anything electronically.
Not having a life excellence in mathematics or science or anything technical.

"Having a Life," is usually said by losers who are unsatisfied by the way they live.

Of course things like playing video games 10 hours everyday is not healthy.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
To own and play any of the Smash games...

You make your own life... Someone once told me that and i responded with the above and said person shut the hell up...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The fact that we're all on a videogame forum is probably enough for people say we have no lives.

Honestly it's a stupid statement that should never be taken seriously.

Top Bottom