• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is happening to Pit?

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
You know, if some Pit main could *explain* the discrepancy between Pit's alleged potential viz. tier positioning, and his actual performance, that person might very well earn himself some recognition in the BBR.
The problem is that there's no discrepancy. IMO.
I mean, there's some few changes that i (as pit player) would over rate a little bit more. Such as AR as an dodge punisher. But other than that, the tier list is ok.

Even thought tier list for it self woudn't help anyone, the MU discussions can.
And for doing that, pit players around the world will be helped.

In brazil, all pit players hate pit boards because theres nothing here comparing ganon boards, diddy boards or kirby boards. (Just using as exemple).
I think we first need to clean up our dirty socks, and after that show the world that it is pretty bautifull.
We're covered in dust, pit boards.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The problem is that there's no discrepancy. IMO.
I mean, there's some few changes that i (as pit player) would over rate a little bit more. Such as AR as an dodge punisher. But other than that, the tier list is ok.

Even thought tier list for it self woudn't help anyone, the MU discussions can.
And for doing that, pit players around the world will be helped.

In brazil, all pit players hate pit boards because theres nothing here comparing ganon boards, diddy boards or kirby boards. (Just using as exemple).
I think we first need to clean up our dirty socks, and after that show the world that it is pretty bautifull.
We're covered in dust, pit boards.
I tried, it didnt work.

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Pit loses to MK 65:35. This is assuming that the MK knows the matchup and is at the same level of play.

Pit VS Snake is around 6:4 as well, also assuming the Snake has good knowledge of the matchup and doesn't run up to the ledge and drop grenades 24/7.

And lastly, I think Pit vs Diddy is 6:4 Pit's favor. This is mostly because Pit excels on the ledge, and Diddy excels on the stage. Diddy can NOT go off the stage, however, Pit has a fighting chance on the stage as well, but I wouldn't reccomend going on stage.
Agreed on the Diddy matchup man. I'll run down a short list of who I'm confident against and not from my experiences in 3 of the matchups I play a decent amount.

MK- he's beatable but it's in MK's favor. Imo it's one of those scenarios where you have to use the right moves at the right times and use arrows to create holes. Like I said it's in MK's favor for sure but it's not as bad as say TL's matchup against MK, I feel like that voice that shouts the characters names on the menu selection screen should stop saying "TOON LINK!" when you're opponent is MK and just say "ROFLCOPTER!" instead.
Falco - 55-45 Falco's favor, Pit can take him though.
Marth - I think this is actually a very even matchup, similar to Falco-Marth. I mained Marth for awhile so the matchup experience on both sides helps.

Esca, are you going to Phase 8?

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is happening with pit, literally. He's just not going anywhere anymore.
: S Yea, has a lot to do with that MK matchup man. Just like every other character that has a poor matchup against him, he's basically not viable unless MK gets banned which I just don't see happening.

link2702

Smash Champion
You do realise that that meme doesn't bug most pit mains anymore right? it only really bugs "one particular" pit main....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You broke the truce link2702, aka The Fallen Angel from AIB, so the next time you see me yelling at you or whatever, you know why.
And plus it's just a stupid Falcon, which happens to be your new stupid main, who only got low tier because of Ally.

Sigh, and I feel Pit's gonna fall back unless more get out there, knowing the matchups, adapt accordingly to the stages and opponents that they are facing, avoid the fancy stuff, and try to be Pit more often, and not rely on... well you know what I mean.

Learning the matchups (and that includes what stages to CP/ban against the characters), basics (of our character), and adaption, which would be adjusting a style accordingly to the opponent, and knowing how to be defensive helps, as Pit's defense is better than his offense, but that doesn't mean that one should not learn his offensive capabilities.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
How much does it coast to bring masashi onto usa for a good championship? =_=
I'm sick of all this fancyness and lack of useless things that ppl are discussing.

Coffee™

I need it....
How much does it coast to bring masashi onto usa for a good championship? =_=
I'm sick of all this fancyness and lack of useless things that ppl are discussing.
Too much to see him get beat by some random MK or Snake...

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Too much to see him get beat by some random MK or Snake...
LoL yea...thats something else people dont seem to realize.. Japan is not as good at brawl as we are! Our top players would role them. Heck...are "good" players probably would.

Geddan

Smash Ace
LoL yea...thats something else people dont seem to realize.. Japan is not as good at brawl as we are! Our top players would role them. Heck...are "good" players probably would.
I wouldn't doubt this, but at the same time, I wouldn't discredit their skill either.

You can't say our good players would wreck them because it hasn't happened yet. Kel is a good player and he didn't "role them".

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Btw, I'm brazilian
And i doubt that many of yours top players would beat brazil's top players. x)

Top Bottom