• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is better/easier? Wobbling VS Blizzobling

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm a fraud ics main here who can't wobble/blizzoble at all/properly

So i want as many peoples opinion here to tell me what they think of the two wobbling methods and which ones i should learn. Thanks everyone.

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
Blizzobling requires more precision than wobbling since it feels a bit awkward to chain Popo's pummel unto Nana's blizzard.
Wobbling is easier to do and thus the more consistent option for most IC players. Blizzoble is basically a harder-to-do version of wobbling but IMO blizzobling has more setups since Nana can blizzard from some distance while for wobbling she usually needs to be close to you. (Don't quote me on this, I'm an amateur)

So personally I'd say to learn to wobble. If you want to be flashy or think wobbling's too easy go learn blizzobling.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Blizzobbling is hard af.
I tried to learn it when I was really frustrated with not being good at wobbling, but its actually a lot harder to do, in my experience.
I'm also not sure if it works from 0% (I'm pretty sure it doesnt but I could be wrong).

Remember the only reason people cared about blizzobling was becauseit was (breifly) a loophole for ICs to do an infinite when wobbling was banned. I don't think it's ever better.
But then tournaments than banned wobbling just banned blizzobling too, since its actually the same mechanic, and wobbling is pretty much universally legal now, so we don't even really talk about blizzobling anymore.

If you're interested though, there is a blizzobling topic by peef somewhere in this forum that can give you a little more information about it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
We don't really talk about "Blizzobbling" now for the reasons Derf mentioned. However, it is worth learning the timing because Blizzard can be used to set up inescapable infinites. If you grab an opponent during Nana's Blizzard, a well-timed headbutt will keep them locked in the grab while you transition into the wobble. This idea can also be used to punish rest/shield break/whiffed tether grabs inescapably (desynch to have Nana Blizzard and then grab just before Blizzard connects).

The timing is significantly more lenient when you transition to f-tilt, though, because f-tilt comes out 10 frames faster than Blizzard.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I guess if it really works as a setup for wobbling it could be more useful then dthrow dair, but for now im not using blizzard since ive had people mash out due to blizzard at like 70%+.
EDIT: It was one of the main reason i couldnt learn the wobble, trying to use blizzard as a setup did more bad then good back then for me atleast.

Last edited:

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I guess if it really works as a setup for wobbling it could be more useful then dthrow dair, but for now im not using blizzard since ive had people mash out due to blizzard at like 70%+.
EDIT: It was one of the main reason i couldnt learn the wobble, trying to use blizzard as a setup did more bad then good back then for me atleast.
There's no reason to Blizzard once you've already grabbed them, as Blizzard comes out 10 frames slower than f-tilt. The benefit comes from when you grab the opponent while Blizzard is already going on; then Blizzard keeps them in CaptureDamage from the very beginning and you can start the infinite inescapably from there.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any tips on wobbling? I know i sound like a broken record here, but i've read wobbles guide, ive read random guides, i'm using a metronome goin 200bpm and for some reason the cpu breaks out or they fall out because of my f-tilt knockback. I can't wobble for the life of me. I don't know why this is happening please help.. :(

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any tips on wobbling? I know i sound like a broken record here, but i've read wobbles guide, ive read random guides, i'm using a metronome goin 200bpm and for some reason the cpu breaks out or they fall out because of my f-tilt knockback. I can't wobble for the life of me. I don't know why this is happening please help.. :(
You probably need the basic sence of a rhytm.

First for me i could "kinda" do it, got a basic sence for the rythm enough to teach another player to wobble, then for some reason i couldn't get it started for a couple of years even.
One thing i did wrong was trying to start it against players with blizzard, which is kinda bad since it can be mashed out of at even high %.

During my break I took some classes in music (so I got a basic sence of how computergenerated music works, which i've learned now is hard) while not playing the game, if you can work a bit with a music tracker of some sort for a bit that might help. I worked a bit with music in logic and listening for the eneven things in the music I guess it was helped me, when corrected the sound is sounding better. If you get some similar software I think you can even set what you create to 200 bpm just to get a better sence of that rhytm.

Or if you want to work against mashing opponents, play against a lv 7 samus, she will often grapple and dsmash which can be punished by a wobble at any %.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
You probably need the basic sence of a rhytm.

First for me i could "kinda" do it, got a basic sence for the rythm enough to teach another player to wobble, then for some reason i couldn't get it started for a couple of years even.
One thing i did wrong was trying to start it against players with blizzard, which is kinda bad since it can be mashed out of at even high %.

During my break I took some classes in music (so I got a basic sence of how computergenerated music works, which i've learned now is hard) while not playing the game, if you can work a bit with a music tracker of some sort for a bit that might help. I worked a bit with music in logic and listening for the eneven things in the music I guess it was helped me, when corrected the sound is sounding better. If you get some similar software I think you can even set what you create to 200 bpm just to get a better sence of that rhytm.

Or if you want to work against mashing opponents, play against a lv 7 samus, she will often grapple and dsmash which can be punished by a wobble at any %.
I'm doing a bachelor of music so I definitely have a sense of rhythm and timing. How much practice is needed for this one technique? How separate should popo and Anna's hits be? What are easier tempos to start at? I've been trying to learn wobble at 200bpm

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
I'm doing a bachelor of music so I definitely have a sense of rhythm and timing. How much practice is needed for this one technique? How separate should popo and Anna's hits be? What are easier tempos to start at? I've been trying to learn wobble at 200bpm
If I remember correctly the wobble bpm is 134bpm. Just alternate the hitstun, it might be awkward to do and you might drop it a few times but once you get the hang of it you'll be clearing the amateur's bracket for free.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
How should i be getting the grab? is it possible off of a dash grab, or a djc grab with popo but nana misses?

Or standing grab with both only?

I might of successfully done this but i am unsure.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
The way you grab can vary depending on percent, but typically wobbling out of a dash grab requires your opponent to not mash, as it takes a while for Nana to get back into position to start the wobble. However, there is some talk going around the board about having Nana uptilt out of a dash grab while Popo jabs to lock the opponent in grab stun, which seems like it should actually work quite well (or at least better than just waiting for her to slide back). Other than that, it's best to have Nana be as close to Popo as possible when initiating the wobble to minimize the amount of time the opponent has to break out of your grab.

There are a couple of things that could be going wrong if you are struggling to wobble properly. I personally felt that initializing the wobble was the hardest part, but what I did to finally start landing wobbles was to immediately start tapping to the beat of the wobble, and f-tilt with Nana on her first possible hit. This ensures that the opponent has no window to break out of your grab. If you're dropping your wobble at higher percents, it means your rhythm is off. I'd suggest slowing down the wobble a bit if that's the case, as 200 BPM isn't the only timing required to wobble. I believe it starts in the ballpark of ~175-180 BPM, if I remember right.

Top Bottom