• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if the next Smash was Ultimate? Could all the characters return? Contractually speaking.

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
Question: What if instead of Sakurai making a new Super Smash Bros. does he re-release Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch successor? Similar to what they did with Mario Kart. And then release new content for it. As a larger single player mode _I like Brawl's Adventure Mode. Update movements, graphics, online mode... and add characters. Would that be possible since it would be the same game? I mean, contractually it might have been a little easier to bring all the characters back. I'm not a lawyer and I don't understand anything about law, so there's a doubt.
In graphics I think it could be in 4K. With increased mesh resolution of the models, hair and fur redone, fabrics with more movement... Mainly for the models in the victory scene and for the scenery in the background of the game.
Or just add characters and DLCs. With game balance.
What do you think? Would they play if it were the same game?

Oddball

Smash Lord
They did it once. They could probabaly do it again if they wanted.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
TBH, I kinda look forward to a smaller roster. So many faces on the character select screen that it takes me a while to find who I want to play as. Plus with less characters they could do more with the ones that are in.

Top Bottom