• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Roy had Marth's Tipper ?

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
If Roy had Marth's tipper i think that Roy would place higher on the Tier list than Marth.
I'm not happy with Roy's rank on the Tier list he needs to be upper or middle tier ( this is just my opinion)

What do you guys think ?

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
The only problem i see with Roy is that he suffers long periods of hitstun. and he is easy to combo what else is wrong with him ? Roy's Counter is the most powerful in the game now tell me that isn't true lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the only reason roy seems to suffer more hitstun than most everyone else is because his fastest options from hitstun other than jump are

fair. frame 6
counter: frame 8
up-b. frame 9

roy also has just the perfect (read: worst) possible weight class and fall speed that allows everyone to combo and CG him extremely easily.

hell falcon can CG us using both up and d-throw

KP17

Banned via Administration
Even with marth's tipper roy's still mid tier at best. All top tiers can combo the **** out of him.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm dumb and misread the topic. I thought they were taking the move properties of all of Roy's tipped moves and replacing them with Marth's. Which would be legitimately scary, IMO.

But yeah if it's just his f-smash then yeah he's better because then d-tilt > Marth tipper is kind of BS and so is uair > Marth tipper (and even if you fail you still get Roy's 20% f-smash, which is aight) but he's still really bad.

vZakat

Half Genie
I'm dumb and misread the topic. I thought they were taking the move properties of all of Roy's tipped moves and replacing them with Marth's.
I thought that was the case too. If Roy did have Marth's sweet spot, not much would change IMO. Roy's bad because his moves are so laggy. If Roy had Marth's frames for his moves he'd be beyond scary.

D

Deleted member

i actually like roy's weak tipper, it lets you do really creative traps and pokes.

roy's problem is his combo weight and recovery, not his moveset. IMO

D

Deleted member

I think he'd get a lot better just because he'd hit way harder.
he wouldn't have the jumping to support marth's dial-a-combo stuff, and things like a slower uptilt would still limit his combos. a stronger upair would weaken his chaingrab or butcher his other better combos.

it probably wouldn't make him worse, but i really don't think it'd make him much better.

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
Roy needs some combos though. but i'm tired of people saying that he sucks because he can't Ken Combo. I mean, its a good combo but its not the best combo in the world.

:phone:

Roysourboy666

Smash Apprentice
What if Roy had Marth's tipper...hmmmm then kumqu@t would exist :p

But seriously the tippered down smash is godlike (not to say the down smash is already good) but what bugs me is the Dash attack ... it's so awful :p lol The tippered down tilt is good :) The tipper of the up smash which can spike is another tipper :p It would be nice if the counter could work against marth's tippered foward smash ....another thing ...I did a up b and killed somebody not with the fire , but with the wind that's below roy during the upb, so lol, I just want to know if anybody here know about what I'm talking about...A Falco on FD was trying to edgeguard me..and I was higher than him in the air, he was going for the ledge before me, but I did my upb and It was like a phantom hit or something strange, it did not burn or touch directly, it's as if an invisible force was hidden(the hitbox) :p , and it did not do more than maybe 1% but that killed him anyway , It's was so strange, when it happens I feel special
lol maybe I will make a video for this ...maybe :p

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Heck no, that would not make him higher on the tier list then Marth. The main reason he is so low is not the Tipper.

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I believe both roy and marth have similar (if not exactly the same) range but Marth's tipper range is away from him and Roy's close to him. So, if roy had the same tipper range, he'll be a better character for sure, combos could be very interesting to see since he has a faster falling speed but his recovery will still be bad.

Top Bottom