• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if a veteran in Smash 4 fought their previous game incarnations?

D

Deleted member

Yo. This is an idea I had around in my head lately, so I'm gonna try to put it into simpler terms: imagine a veteran in Smash fighting of their incarnation in either 64, Melee, Brawl, PM, whatever game applies. Hell, you can even bring Brawl Minus into this if you want.

Here's something, to show an example:

• Sm4sh Ganondorf (:4ganondorf:) vs. PM Ganondorf (:ganondorf:): PM Ganon would positively body him. He has better attack speed, mobility (especially thanks to him being able to glide), and comboing ability. Not to mention he'd probably be able to wavedash or dashdance.
  • Smash 64 Captain Falcon (:falcon64:) vs. Sm4sh Captain Falcon (:4falcon:): 64 would win only for the fact his Falcon Punch is mad fast and being gifted with amazing throws.
So yeah, hope you get the gist of this. Interested to see what you guys think of!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4rob:>:rob:, no real question here. The only thing his Brawl incarnation really has over him is a F-tilt with more reach, better recovery (big difference here, but not really enough to "win"), better Fair, and a significantly stronger, albeit slower Nair.:4rob:has much better reward off of a grab (Beep Boop and Up-Throw at high %), generally faster/stronger aerials (aside from Fair, which is still a good move), better mobility, and way better Smashes to make up for that.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
That awkward moment when you can't think of what incarnation of your main would actually win in a fight. I mean comparing Pikachu to other characters in the same game is one thing, but he's just been... the hands-down most consistent character throughout the series, I am not so sure which one would be best.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
:4mario:vs:mario2:
It'd probably be embarassingly short and ridiculously in Smash 4 Mario's favour.
:4sheik:vs:sheik:
Come on do I need to say it? Brawl Sheik probably wouldn't even scratch Smash 4 Sheik once.
:4marth:vs:marth:
After the battle, Brawl Marth would weep in agony in a corner wondering what the hell went wrong with his Smash 4 incarnation.

D

Deleted member

:falcomelee: vs. :4falco:

Smash 4 Falco would most likely be assaulted by the laser onslaught, and the move's ability to autocancel would make things dumber. Plus Melee Falco would shinedair him until he cries.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:metaknight: vs :4metaknight:
:metaknight: would be very disappointed that :4metaknight: has gotten so weak that he doesn't even have infinite priority on his sword anymore and that he has this strange, foreign thing called a slightly disadvantageous match-up.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Well Feelicks already made a falco comparison, so here is another one
:samusmelee: Vs:4samus:
Melee Samus would utterly dominate with super wave dash, better nair and better missiles

D

Deleted member

:4marth: vs. :marth:

Brawl Marth would absolutely body Smash 4 Marth.
However, it wouldn't be a 3-stock as Smash 4 Marth gets a lucky tipper with rage.
Melee Marth would probably body him even harder. Them reverse tippers and having the Ken Combo. :marthmelee:

D

Deleted member

:marthmelee: Vs :marth: would be interesting. Both are good in different ways

:150:
Brawl Marth has the advantage of a better Shield Breaker and a frame 4 Dancing Blade, but Melee Marth has superior range, more reward off a grab (including a down throw chaingrab I believe), and the aforementioned Ken Combo. It'd be close to even but Melee Marth would probably win.

Melee Marth also has the better victory theme. :^)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think melee shiek vs sm4sh sheik would be a good match. Wave dash vs bouncing fish would be good.

I think melee beats out all other games simply because of the tech.

D

Deleted member

:4jigglypuff: would utterly destroy :jigglypuff:.

How she would go against :jigglypuffmelee: is a tough call, though.
Both Sm4sh and Brawl Jiggs are more or less bad as each other, so it'd probably be even.

Melee Jiggs would win by a landslide due to having better aerials (her back air hitbox is legit dumb), having a wavedash, being able to dashdance in order to create mindgames, having better smashes, Rest being able to kill as early as 20-30%, and having true throw followups and fthrow being able to kill. I'm taking this way too serious, LOL

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I really wish Jigglypuff could be back to her glory days... :(
Preaching to the choir.

:4mario: would annihilate all of his previous incarnations.
Pre-nerf :4luigi:would Cyclone his past selves into oblivion. Current :4luigi:would have a good run, but :luigimelee: and :luigi2:would take him down.
:4lucario: and :lucario: would fight to a standstill, though :4lucario: might accidentally kill him at 40%.
:4myfriends:would completely overwhelm :ike: with his speed.
:4drmario: would get soundly thrashed by :drmario:.
:4falco: and :4marth:would sit there wondering what the **** went wrong.

D

Deleted member

:4lucas:would be wrecked by:lucas: pretty handily for his much superior KO power, movement options, aerials, tilts. and pressuring. Same thing can apply to PM Lucas vs. his Sm4sh incarnation.

:sonic: isn't gonna be able to kill :4sonic: until stupid high percents unless he lands an fsmash or back air.

:roypm: would beat :4feroy: rather soundly.
:4olimar: would be driven to tears by how insane :olimar: is.

:4zelda: would beat :zeldamelee: and :zelda: due to elevator jank and having actual combo ability.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to watch :fox: vs. :4fox:
Brawl Fox can stall in the air with his Reflector and shine spike, and his Blaster's able to autocancel and do SH-double laser stuff. Smash 4 Fox on the other hand has better grab combos and jab shenanigans, so it would be a very fun watch indeed.

You know what we gotta see though?

:wario: vs.:4wario:!

D

Deleted member

With their previous buffs, :4bowser: and :4dk: would probably beat :bowsermelee: and :dkmelee: and dominate :bowser2: and :dk2:.
Project M :bowser2: and :dk2: would be able to pose a challenge, though! PM Bowser has heavy armor on almost all his moves and Koopa Klaw is absurd good. PM DK would definitely go even with Smash 4 DK though, they're as good as each other.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
:4ness: would win. against all previous incarnations... :ness64: :nessmelee: :ness2:.

:4ness: Got a variety of buffs, from combos from his Down Throw, snapping to the ledge, a hit box through his entire Up-B... Yadda Yadda Yadda.

:4lucas: and :lucas: (PM lucas).

No idea how this would go, PM Lucas with his PK Freeze side b would be good, but :4lucas: 's grab is so much faster than previous incarnations, he has huge zoning game from PK Fire and his Zair.

Hey this might be the smartest thing I've ever said.

:metaknight: vs :4metaknight:

In my opinion, this would be close, each of them have power in their own right, now that Meta Knight in smash 4 has combos from Down-Throw and stuff, a kill throw, This sounds like a close match, even with Brawl MK's absurd abilities, it's Up-B doesn't possess the same power as :4metaknight: , with it being an amazing kill move. Yet with Brawl MK's mobility, it would be EXTREMELY close~

Yes I realize I'm stupid so don't judge me too much~ :ness:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
:4zss:vs:zerosuitsamus:
Well, Smash 4 Zss got a better Flip Kick, better recovery.
Brawl Zss has that side b with much more damage and kill potential.

That's all I know.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4zelda: would be at a big disadvantage against :zeldamelee::zelda: because they can just switch to :sheikmelee::sheik:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But what if all the cut characters went up against:4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit:?
They'd beat them all, before getting as they say "rekt" by Snake.

I actually want to take back what I said earlier about :4mario:annihilating his past incarnations. :mario64: would actually give him a pretty hard fight, if not deal him a straight-up loss.

Top Bottom