• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Happens in Basic Brawl

LtHanz

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=5051]What Happens in Basic Brawl[/drupal]

What is a typical day in basic brawl? I always seem to get the nut jobs that stand around and do nothing. They spend hours not even brawling, until I show up and get things going. Check out my funny video, when Link creates ab awkward moment.
Here my link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FAY8YISpnU

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
BUNCH OF VANILLA ******* WHO'LL NEVER BE READY FOR THE BIG TIME BROTHER.
jack

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=5051]What Happens in Basic Brawl[/drupal]

What is a typical day in basic brawl? I always seem to get the nut jobs that stand around and do nothing. They spend hours not even brawling, until I show up and get things going. Check out my funny video, when Link creates ab awkward moment.
Here my link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FAY8YISpnU
This is scrub play. This is a better sample of what kind of BS Basic Brawl consists of. It's fun to fluster noobs like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cElAWcIQ6g

Brawl online is stupid.

>:[
There's a few good players floating around on there, which is why I still go on there sometimes.

BUNCH OF VANILLA ******* WHO'LL NEVER BE READY FOR THE BIG TIME BROTHER.
jack
.... .... .... ....

Basic Brawl can be pretty funny at times
See YT link.

I occasionally go on BB or TB and use Giga Bowser or Warioman. It's an....enlightening experience when some of those *******es try to attack me.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It sucks **** in general, but there ARE a few good players floating around there. Except it takes searching through about 50 groups to find one.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well now that you say that, I totally don't think threads about it are completely ****ing ********. I have learned the error of my ways.

NO. NO NOT REALLY.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's not rhetorical. I'm not trying to convince you it's good because it sucks balls. I merely pointed out it's not completely infested with noobs.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
A basic day in basic brawl is where there are a bunch of players who dont know how to play.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Playing at night tends to increase the odds of finding good players. Since most of the players on BB or TB are about 10, bedtime rules them out and makes the likelihood of finding a good player somewhat better.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
BB is a ******** mess most of the time, but occasionally I will find a group of good players and have an enjoyable FFA. Yes, there may be a time ruleset that can't be changed, but in a good group people generally turn off items and only use Unity legal stages.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
BB is a ******** mess most of the time, but occasionally I will find a group of good players and have an enjoyable FFA. Yes, there may be a time ruleset that can't be changed, but in a good group people generally turn off items and only use Unity legal stages.
Immune to Falcon's trolling, like a boss.

I haven't found basic brawl players in ages.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm not trolling, I'm saying my ****ing opinion.

Goddamn.
I would have to say that we already are aware of your opinion considering the fact that you have been saying the same general thing the whole thread: that BB sucks. No need to say it multiple times, as it doesn't accomplish or change anything.

Now, as for my two cents to this whole thread: why does anyone even play online randoms anymore? I will say that the lag is much better now than when Brawl first came out, but it is still pretty garbage. Private matches with friends are the only way you'll ever be guaranteed a challenge, so why play randoms when you already know that noobs play it frequently?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Because if I were ten, beating up other ten year olds I don't even know with a Pokeball would be the coolest thing ever.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wonder what YOUR posts accomplish Falcon. Goddamn.

lols at stating your opinion = troll

Morin0

Smash Lord
I can't play Basic Brawl without encountering taunt parties :mad:

I've had my fair share of getting ganged up on so now I sort of play along but I mostly attack. I seriously don't get taunt parties.

Guy 1: "Hey guys, let's just stand there and not do anything"
Guy 2: "OMG, this is so much fun"

I mean, in an ideal taunt party situation, nobody attacks or does anything. So where's the fun in that? Do taunt parties hope they may get a crasher so they can 3 v 1?

Calvonta "Calvo" parker

Smash Apprentice
Ike taunt spam is the best taunt spam;

Prepare yourself,
Prepare yourself,
Prepare yourself,
Prepare yourself,
Prepare yourself,

But yeah, once in a while, you find a good Lucas or two.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I can't play Basic Brawl.

Too laggy. Yuck.

Items on high, vs 3 Meta Knights, 2 minute timer is just lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, I can see people have a few misconceptions about BB and TB.

I rarely get any lag in my matches. I would say about 95% of the matches I play are lagless.

As for Taunt Partiers, they overrun BB. (They've infected TB to some degree as well). However, the only good players on either are crashers, pacifists, or hackers. Noobs can be any of the three as well. Most good players are pacifists, and most will willingly team up with you to scare the noobs away so you can have a decent match.

Taunt Parties are just LOL. If you just pick Falco and IAP through them\troll them with wavebounced SHDLs\circle camp Temple they're cake. Or, go MK and troll with rising Dairs-›Nado. They're easily read and really a non-issue.

But why does one WANT to play *** mode against a mass of largely ignorant elementary schoolers? Well, for one, it teaches you to play creatively and learn to take opportunies. Wifi can put you in some strange, and often completely ******** situations. You never know when a strange little chance will present itself. Like the other day, I had a -1 from being hit by a random Bob-omb. I saw a clear opportunity in a Bowser spamming Side-B, trying to get an easy KO by taking people over the edge with him. I drew a nade, and waited a second. I walked over by him, and when he had me in the air, the nade exploded, freeing me from his grip and allowing me an easy Fair spike.

The true reason I play Wifi is because you see many different playstyles, combos, and strategies (against the occasional skilled player). It is often a learning experience even for the players who know what they're doing.

I hope this better defines my stance on With Anyone Wifi.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I think I'm pretty lucky with the distance of the players as well. I would say about 2.5% of my matches have slight lag/patches of moderate lag and the other 2.5% have intolerably awful lag.

Top Bottom