• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened?

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
Perhaps they were trying to give other characters a chance. After all, Captain Falcon was top in SSB64 and High in Melee.

Another theory is that they thought they made the knee too cheap in Melee. It was easy to land (well, easier than Brawl) and could be combo'd in with his other moves (Stomp, Dive, etc.).

Either way, Falcon still isn't completely dead. What happened was that they changed his metagame completely. You can no longer be the offensive 'charge-in-and-combo' styleplay (but then again, which character can?) He is all mindgames, that's all.

The Star King

Smash Hero
They didn't do any drastic changes to the character itself, so the nerf has to do with the new physics. Since there is less hitstun, C. Falcon can not chain u-airs nearly as well, which was a big part of his gameplay.

Tenki

Smash Hero
What exactly happened to Falcon? I mean, in Brawl, he got changed hardcore, but ui can't place what they did to him. sorry if this is ******** or if theirs another thread about it. Someone said "they decreased his hitstun" and i was like ":O"
- His knockback was increased on many... many attacks.
- His body hitbox/sweetspot was reduced to a knee.
- Side-B can now sweetspot and grab ledges.
- His up-B recovery has some weird crap where he can grab ledges from weird positions
- Nipple Spike is now Nipple Launch.
- A non-sweetspot Knee can force tripping.

IMO, NO character in Brawl should be played like they were in Melee. Not even Marth, since he now has a variety of moves to use and his Melee style is familiar to too many players.

[edit]I remembered why I posted in this thread:

Someone set up us the bomb.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon came across an Undead Shadow Priest and got his Face Melted. With so much re constructive plastic surgery he's practically blind, making it much harder to Knee someone to oblivion. But to prove his badassness, he remains in Brawl, still kicking *** and taking names to prove that you don't have to be able to see to dish out pain.

(*it's rumored that he can still see through his silver nipples of manliness, it hasn't been proven since anyone that actually approaches him, autograph or not, gets their head blown off by a gimp knee... YES.. GIMP KNEE)

With that said I really don't want to know what would happen if one of those people got hit with a real knee.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
He is all mindgames, that's all.
This alone speaks volumes to how bad he is now. That's essentially saying "you'll win with Falcon only if you're clearly better than your opponent."

You want to know about his new metagame? It's called counterpicking to different character. Gets them EVERYTIME!

Top Bottom