• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened here? Did it glitch?

Player-1

Smash Legend
wow this is so broken, I have to figure out how he does it because I have no idea and this isn't old at all

Sails

Smash Ace
I found a glitch on one of the gnes vs tyrant vids. It happens at 4:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3FrHVqjXfI&feature=related

Gnes hits Tyrant with a banana but Tyrant takes no damage.
Do bananas stale? Weird...

Paix, that glitch has been known for quite literally years. It has to do with jumping and doing UpB as soon as you're hit iirc. UpB has momentum cancel protection like most B moves, so it doesn't stop your momentum after being hit sometimes.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
regardless as long as that banana has hitstun on it im cool with it staling :3

alt-F4

Smash Ace
ok it looked like tyrant was going for a shuttleloop (i may be wrong but i thought i heard the sound) so maybe for some reason he had invulnerability to dmg but not to knock back during it. Although what would have caused that is still confusing.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
It can't be due to staling. No matter how stale a move gets, it'll never go down to zero percent. I think Alt F-4's theory could be right. I don't have any ideas of my own though.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I think that a banana's acceleration correlates with how much damage is done. you can see that it reaches the peak of it's throw when tyrant is hit, which is why it did no damage. there are plenty of moves that do no damage when they should like IC's small iceblocks.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I think that a banana's acceleration correlates with how much damage is done. you can see that it reaches the peak of it's throw when tyrant is hit, which is why it did no damage. there are plenty of moves that do no damage when they should like IC's small iceblocks.
Or like when your naners are extremely stale, then go on to be z-dropped onto someone, they do very little damage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
it's definitely acceleration as felix said, I just tested it on Siege 2nd transformation on the tarp things and I was getting way less damage throwing it up than right next to them

Player-1

Smash Legend
That was in 08, trust me I've tried to get it to land straight on the edge like that, but it's really hard. It's also happened to me on YI one other time but that was some time last year to.

Top Bottom