• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I met a Bowser Jr player last night who was exactly like that. He didn't taunt though, but Tea-bagged wherever and whenever.

Sad thing is he was a really good Bowser Jr player. They're already really rare to find on For Glory, and finding one that doesn't rely on spam is also super rare. Sadly I couldn't enjoy any of the matches I had with him though due to his sheer arrogance, and I couldn't win against him due to my lack of knowledge against Bowser Jr (that and again, he was pretty good with him). It sucked.

I'm pretty sure these players do it simply because they think they're hot stuff and want to humiliate opponents who aren't as good.

As for the "Friendly and respectable" part, I'm one of those people. I try my hardest to be as nice as possible to anyone and everyone. I don't even Taunt unless they either do it first or if I did something I found very impressive. Sadly it seems like no matter how nice I am I still get salt split all over me no matter what, which I cannot understand. It's just one of those FG things.

On a side note, I have to ask: Are people still ultra salty about Bayonetta or something?

I've mained her since the beginning but didn't use her much for quite some time. Once I did a lot of practice with her I began to get back into her and use her a lot more often to the point I'll start off with her in the first match. Despite the fact she's been mega nerfed and (in my experience) barely finding any Bayonetta players in For Glory, I've been getting dozens of opponents RQing.

They'll either do it at the very start of the match, or do it halfway through it in a salty fit of rage. So have I gotten that much better with her, or are people just as upset about her as ever? I mean... It's been months now. Shouldn't the Witch Hunts be over...?

I mean, I've gotten 7 Rage Quits in under an hour one day on For Glory. That's not an exaggeration.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not allowed to use her on For Glory again despite the nerfing she got.
This is the perfect post for me to respond to because I basically had the reverse of what you said happen to me. lol

As a Jr. main I ran into someone this morning who was really damn arrogant - and to their credit, they were pretty damn good and the first few matches were fun, but it was still totally stupid that they acted basically like a complete child as soon as they remotely started winning and it devolved into "just another tryhard FG player". They literally used taunts whenever they could. There were times they were stood totally still and I knew it was because they'd tried to spam taunts and literally couldn't because they'd used their allotted amount.

Their name was their main, so I expected that character a lot... Instead they ended up playing more games as Sonic or Falco, and basically hopped around the roster as if to show off how good they were at all of those characters. Except, they only had okay fundamentals, so as soon as they swapped to a character they couldn't somehow cheese with (Roy - the Fire Emblem one.), they barely put up an actual fight. Worse yet, I'm pretty sure they picked Roy expecting a Roy vs. Roy situation (Pink costume...) even though the match before I'd pulled out my pocket MK to deal with an irritating Falco MU and had stuck with them since.

What bothers me is, again, they were good - there was even no lag or anything - but they were totally arrogant and the only reason I stuck around is because I was playing a game I could actually adapt to rather than just know how to beat instantly. It was actually kind of fun despite me occasionally rolling my eyes at the absolutely moronic crap they threw at me. I just put up with it because the fights themselves were pretty challenging (Except for the few games they SDd playing characters they obviously had no clue how to play. Way to totally expose yourself by screwing up basic recoveries, genius.) - well, I put up with it until they stopped being a challenge...

--

As for the Bayo thing, well it's funny you should say because previously mentioned arrogant player mained Bayo. I actually think the original hype behind how "broken" she was and the fact she has strong combos just leaves a sour taste in player's mouths to a point where she's almost as common of a "BM" character as Jiggs now. Which is really sad because even I kind of like playing Bayo now and then.

Bayo actually requires a lot of skill, which really goes over the heads of casual players. They just see their %s racking up and assume she's easy bake, which isn't really the case. She's just a total noob killer because you need to know things like SDI to get out of her more extreme combos.

I think the player I mentioned even expected me to get mad they beat me a few times as Bayo, but I just don't find her irritating... I'm really hard to shake nowadays so I just stuck around until Bayo obviously stopped being fun for them, which didn't even last long, so I have no idea why their Mii is named after her (It was literally the game after I started reliably SDI-ing that he swapped. No joke.).

I would have way more respect for an arrogant, good player if they stuck to Bayo - because she's difficult to play - and honestly, I quite enjoy the MU despite some of her more annoying moves, but all it makes me feel when I first see people play her is that they expect me to not know the MU. So... -no... -the witch hunts are definitely not over - at least not in casual play. -and it's all because of awful players who sour her name.

It's Ganondorf and Jiggs all over again, except Bayo is good and actually requires some skill.

If you only enjoy a game when you're acting like a jerk to people, then you don't enjoy that game. Just stop playing. Simple.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
This is the perfect post for me to respond to because I basically had the reverse of what you said happen to me. lol

As a Jr. main I ran into someone this morning who was really damn arrogant - and to their credit, they were pretty damn good and the first few matches were fun, but it was still totally stupid that they acted basically like a complete child as soon as they remotely started winning and it devolved into "just another tryhard FG player". They literally used taunts whenever they could. There were times they were stood totally still and I knew it was because they'd tried to spam taunts and literally couldn't because they'd used their allotted amount.

Their name was their main, so I expected that character a lot... Instead they ended up playing more games as Sonic or Falco, and basically hopped around the roster as if to show off how good they were at all of those characters. Except, they only had okay fundamentals, so as soon as they swapped to a character they couldn't somehow cheese with (Roy - the Fire Emblem one.), they barely put up an actual fight. Worse yet, I'm pretty sure they picked Roy expecting a Roy vs. Roy situation (Pink costume...) even though the match before I'd pulled out my pocket MK to deal with an irritating Falco MU and had stuck with them since.

What bothers me is, again, they were good - there was even no lag or anything - but they were totally arrogant and the only reason I stuck around is because I was playing a game I could actually adapt to rather than just know how to beat instantly. It was actually kind of fun despite me occasionally rolling my eyes at the absolutely moronic crap they threw at me. I just put up with it because the fights themselves were pretty challenging (Except for the few games they SDd playing characters they obviously had no clue how to play. Way to totally expose yourself by screwing up basic recoveries, genius.) - well, I put up with it until they stopped being a challenge...
Well, I mainly play for the sake of fun so when someone acts cocky and arrogant it sucks the fun right out of the matches for me.

The last thing I want is to have a **** measuring contest with someone who thinks they're such a hotshot and believe if they can beat you you should "Git Gud" because they're obviously pro players. Obviously. This especially goes for the ones who taunt like crazy and even resort to tea-bagging when they finally KO you when you've two stocked them the past three matches. Or even worse, they finally win one game out of eight or more. It's just silly and sort of ruins it for me. I want an opponent who is fun.

And I've meet opponents like that in the past. They are rare to come by, but boy when I find one who knows how to have fun and even joke around during the match I might as well squeal like a little girl. I just get that excited and happy. Those are the matches I live for. Don't get me wrong, I take matches seriously and aim to win; however if it's clear the opponent is having fun, I have fun.

Sadly For Glory has gotten so lost into the competitive and disrespect/troll side of things those matches are harder to find now. But it's just one of those Online Gaming things. Every Online Game has these kinds of problems so it's to be expected I guess.

It's still kind of a bummer to see For Glory turn out the way it has now.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Well, I mainly play for the sake of fun so when someone acts cocky and arrogant it sucks the fun right out of the matches for me.

The last thing I want is to have a **** measuring contest with someone who thinks they're such a hotshot and believe if they can beat you you should "Git Gud" because they're obviously pro players. Obviously. This especially goes for the ones who taunt like crazy and even resort to tea-bagging when they finally KO you when you've two stocked them the past three matches. Or even worse, they finally win one game out of eight or more. It's just silly and sort of ruins it for me. I want an opponent who is fun.

And I've meet opponents like that in the past. They are rare to come by, but boy when I find one who knows how to have fun and even joke around during the match I might as well squeal like a little girl. I just get that excited and happy. Those are the matches I live for. Don't get me wrong, I take matches seriously and aim to win; however if it's clear the opponent is having fun, I have fun.

Sadly For Glory has gotten so lost into the competitive and disrespect/troll side of things those matches are harder to find now. But it's just one of those Online Gaming things. Every Online Game has these kinds of problems so it's to be expected I guess.

It's still kind of a bummer to see For Glory turn out the way it has now.
Yeah... (Un)fortunately(?) for me, my love for the game well outweighs the distaste I have for the "FG culture" that's plaguing the online scene, so I can kinda get over it.

But it does still annoy me, especially when I hear horror stories of people who love the series finally getting into their teeth into a semi-competitive environment and instantly getting slapped down and not having fun with it - it doesn't bother me personally, but it discourages a real online scene from emerging and that's what really bothers me... It drives away the players I'd rather be up against and stops other people from truly enjoying a whole portion of the game because they don't have the steely exterior and fighting game obsession that I do. lol

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've left games I was enjoying solely because my opponent revealed they were arrogant buttclowns. They don't even win most of the time, but these people love to start getting arrogant the instant they think they have a chance. The most recent of these was a decent Mega Man who I was sticking around with because good MMs are something I need practice against. I won every match, but once he took a stock first, he started teabagging - behavior he did not exhibit when I was in the lead. So I finished thrashing him and left - let him stew on that.

Gotta say it leads to quite a few funny "taunt to get bodied" moments though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I met a Bowser Jr player last night who was exactly like that. He didn't taunt though, but Tea-bagged wherever and whenever.

Sad thing is he was a really good Bowser Jr player. They're already really rare to find on For Glory, and finding one that doesn't rely on spam is also super rare. Sadly I couldn't enjoy any of the matches I had with him though due to his sheer arrogance, and I couldn't win against him due to my lack of knowledge against Bowser Jr (that and again, he was pretty good with him). It sucked.

I'm pretty sure these players do it simply because they think they're hot stuff and want to humiliate opponents who aren't as good.

As for the "Friendly and respectable" part, I'm one of those people. I try my hardest to be as nice as possible to anyone and everyone. I don't even Taunt unless they either do it first or if I did something I found very impressive. Sadly it seems like no matter how nice I am I still get salt split all over me no matter what, which I cannot understand. It's just one of those FG things.
Super late reply, but I still wanted to respond to this, so here we are.

Yeah, it's a real pain when the opponent is better than you. It's frustrating to put up with and it also only fuels their ego further. I still consider myself very fortunate (and perhaps a bit lucky) to have won against not one, but three arrogant players in one night, all of whom rage quit shortly after losing.

That's a highly likely possibility, and it probably is the case for most people who act that way.

You've got my full respect for that. I have a lot of respect for all players who try to be friendly to their opponents, it's way more enjoyable to play with people who show you kindness than with any others. Being respectful to those they lose against and showing them encouragement when they beat them, as well as having friendly attitudes and exchanges during the match itself. It just makes FG a lighter, more enjoyable, and overall a more pleasant experience.

Unfortunately, the worst of the worst will still probably gladly act condescending and arrogant even in the face of the most friendly opponents. Like you said, no matter how nice you try to be, there's still gonna be some other people out there who couldn't care less and continue to flaunt their egos. And that plain and simply sucks. :ohwell:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Okay, I know there's only so many times that you can say "cocky players", but the amount of spaghetti I've seen cocky players drop in the last few days of playing FG has been phenomenal to a point where it deserves special mention.

Cocky players I can handle, but the consistency of these players' spaghetti is like... -al dente. That's the only way I can put it. -and yet, even after totally making an idiot of themselves - and usually losing - they still act like they're impressive. I just don't get it. It's not stylish if you screw up hard literally every match.

Just... -no. Stop. Stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo--...

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Update:

Problem. I'm turning into one of these players. The one that just sandbags all day.

Realizing that there's better things to do in my life while not having the mindset and proper training regime is stressing me out to the point where I've started to slowly outright give up on the game.

There's a lot of stuff to learn and so much I have to go through to train myself properly; even then I'm not learning things at a good pace in my honest opinion.
It's just getting exhausting trying to play at your best only to realize anyone can wall you out.

Now I remember that Nu Guardian who went from that to a Nu Master in Chrono Trigger DS. I had to imagine all the years he spent training to just get strong while people like me have more important things to do in life.

Time to troll people on For Glory lol

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008

On a side note, I have to ask: Are people still ultra salty about Bayonetta or something?

I've mained her since the beginning but didn't use her much for quite some time. Once I did a lot of practice with her I began to get back into her and use her a lot more often to the point I'll start off with her in the first match. Despite the fact she's been mega nerfed and (in my experience) barely finding any Bayonetta players in For Glory, I've been getting dozens of opponents RQing.

They'll either do it at the very start of the match, or do it halfway through it in a salty fit of rage. So have I gotten that much better with her, or are people just as upset about her as ever? I mean... It's been months now. Shouldn't the Witch Hunts be over...?

I mean, I've gotten 7 Rage Quits in under an hour one day on For Glory. That's not an exaggeration.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not allowed to use her on For Glory again despite the nerfing she got.
Here's your problem with the former point; I'm getting so sick of Smash due to me being walled-out too hard in a few or more friendlies, I outright gave up and started to waste time sandbagging. The effort for a dumb player like me who can't seem to train in the proper direction isn't worth it.

Also, with Bayonetta, I've personally never raged against her since while she is annoying to fight against via her After-Burner Kick combos (my DI skill is so leet like a trash can lol), most of the Bayo's I see rarely ever grab. Plus, some of her options are pretty easy to punish when you get the hang of it. And so far, I've never really rage quit against a Bayo in general unless it was the usual "switch to Ganon or Charizard/Lizardon to rek more ****"-type of player on FG.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, the thing there is - I don't think anyone particularly cares if you sandbag and you were losing anyway. Whatever your intent, on the surface that just makes you look like Typical FG Resident #415676 and that'll have one of several possible effects:

- They find no challenge from you, and just win and move on.
- They decide to start screwing around as well and a fun time is had for a little bit, but then they move on.
- They see you as easy prey and sandbag you right back, exhibiting the behavior you've professed to hate with a passion multiple times, because you're now giving them the golden opportunity to do so.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Well, the thing there is - I don't think anyone particularly cares if you sandbag and you were losing anyway. Whatever your intent, on the surface that just makes you look like Typical FG Resident #415676 and that'll have one of several possible effects:

- They find no challenge from you, and just win and move on.
- They decide to start screwing around as well and a fun time is had for a little bit, but then they move on.
- They see you as easy prey and sandbag you right back, exhibiting the behavior you've professed to hate with a passion multiple times, because you're now giving them the golden opportunity to do so.
Yeah, this is kind of true, which is why I tend to take most matches "seriously"... Or at least as serious the opponent will let me without feeling like I'm just kicking a kitten. If people sandbag against me, generally speaking, I feel they're either sandbagging because they're not that into the match (or even the game), or they're sandbagging because they're cocky as all hell... -and neither is a good look.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I just got on for glory and I was playing a wario and before the match even started I predicted he was gonna spam the motor cycle and what happened he spammed the motorcycle and saved the replay like he was sweet.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I just got on for glory and I was playing a wario and before the match even started I predicted he was gonna spam the motor cycle and what happened he spammed the motorcycle and saved the replay like he was sweet.
I'd personally would just place the bike somewhere, get off of it, then spam my side b "where's mai bike" back and forth like an idiot lol, especially if I'm up against another toxic-pub-stomper on For Glory as usual who would switch to Ganon/Charizard (or Lizardon) for disrespect kills.

Last edited:

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
My personal favorite.

Playing someone for multiple matches. Winning them all as they switch around characters. Lose 1 match and they bounce. Its w/e, but I would be lying if I said I did not find that slightly irritating

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
My gear-grinder in For Glory comes from the majority of Sonic and Mario players I find on there. Funny how it's both of those two, but my disdain for them is all too real.
As for why, I'll start with Mario since I'm sure you can guess why FG Sonics bother me, heheh.

FG Marios... I just find it unbelievable how unwilling they are to go in and do something without spamming a sea of fireballs first. Doesn't matter if I'm at 0% or 150%, they don't dare come near me unless they see me get hit by one.
They don't even do all that well funnily enough, but they still tilt me to the point where I make bad choices against them.

And Sonics? They roll, of course! :p But really, they spam all the easy moves, and just expect you to get hit by them.
They're usually arrogant as well, some taunting after ANY k.o, others always going for weird combos thinking they can pull it off.

But the worst thing Sonics and Marios do, is when you're at high percents, they'll just sit near a ledge, wait for you to go to them, and try to back throw.
It's like, I know what you're up to, stop hiding over there and come fight me!

This was quite a rant I made here, but I needed this off my chest. If you main either of these guys, please don't play like the people I talked about here. Please? :dkmelee:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Oh hey, guess what?

The teabagging/taunting-type of "player who gets great reads" seems to not be discriminating.

Not to be racist, but I literally fought against over two different people on For Glory who were from Mexico. They acted just like everyone else. Salt-inducing taunt fuks who have the most bitter teabag balls on the planet.

It's either you get bodied by a REALLY GOOD partner in a friendly with no way to improve, or as usual, go against these arrogant fuks who are literally all over the world.

P.S. As much as this shouldn't happen, I wish upon every negative stereotype upon this guy named yuler lol (are you happy that you spend time messing with people who can't play the game that well?)

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Okay...looks like I had to give in.

I can tell why Ganondorf's actually appropriate to play on For Glory.
Feels great to actually be able to calmly sit back with simplistic control and solid punishes.....no wonder.

Also, update. Turns out that the poor matchmaking system leads to many of those curb-stomp Smash montages many of us see 24/7. It makes a ton of sense now....

Last edited:

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
I'm sure that this has been posted before but those people who sit back and spam projectiles in doubles. In 1v1 match it would only be a minor pain to deal with but in doubles not so much. I know it wouldn't stop people from doing it but team attack being on would hamper how effective it can be.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Teabagging.... is just the most obnoxious thing to me. Like, I don't even mind losing all that much, because I figure, "Hey, this person's pretty good! Maybe I can learn a thing or two here.."

And then they do the thing.

*up*down*up*down*up*down*

UGH.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
People who start acting like complete ***holes after several matches.
I played a person called Nin, and he had a really good Marth. He was winning most of the matches and I won some using Cloud. Soon, he started acting like an obnoxious *****, he insulted me through tags, switched to Link when I switched to him, and even posting a Miiverse post + Youtube video lying about the whole situation. I eventually beated him 3 times in a row before leaving, but only because it was late in my area.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Okay...I've got something new.

Ever see those rude ****wads who just LOVE to go over to the ledge and expect you to follow them there just so they can prove your low IQ to the world?

A player named Race who first used Bowser started to get some edges on my Meta Knight (trying to manage less characters) but then of course, he had a few more wins than me just so he could **** on my Falco as Lucina. I wasn't having any of that **** when he shield broke me, killed me then teabagged me at the end of the ledge to come over.

I wasn't having any of that, so I got DC'd for being idle.

What a rude ****. Race can go **** himself.

I also need a comment on my name tag that expresses how I feel about everyone I fight on For Glory properly that's up to 16 characters....

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Okay...I've got something new.

Ever see those rude ****wads who just LOVE to go over to the ledge and expect you to follow them there just so they can prove your low IQ to the world?

A player named Race who first used Bowser started to get some edges on my Meta Knight (trying to manage less characters) but then of course, he had a few more wins than me just so he could **** on my Falco as Lucina. I wasn't having any of that **** when he shield broke me, killed me then teabagged me at the end of the ledge to come over.

I wasn't having any of that, so I got DC'd for being idle.

What a rude ****. Race can go **** himself.

I also need a comment on my name tag that expresses how I feel about everyone I fight on For Glory properly that's up to 16 characters....
Oh yeah, I've had several people camp by the ledge in some games I've played. It was typically For Glory Gannon's that tried that. I let them know I wasn't having none that by staying a safe distance away.

You probably shouldn't have disconnected through idleness though, and should just spammed lasers and the reflector in order to get that guy to approach.

Anyway a thing that grinds my gears is how people say GG as a sign as "I'm leaving" and leave before I respond. At least wait for me to give respect!

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I've had several people camp by the ledge in some games I've played. It was typically For Glory Gannon's that tried that. I let them know I wasn't having none that by staying a safe distance away.

You probably shouldn't have disconnected through idleness though, and should just spammed lasers and the reflector in order to get that guy to approach.

Anyway a thing that grinds my gears is how people say GG as a sign as "I'm leaving" and leave before I respond. At least wait for me to give respect!
To sane players like us, GG stands for Good Game.

To the average FG Scrub, GG stands for Git Gud.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008

Well, I was already struggling, and I was just not willing to put in anymore effort to make myself look like a fool on the losing end.

P.S. Even Mexican players are ***holes with "soy genial" as their quote.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FG Sheiks irritate me to death. Fight a Sheik and see if you can hit her at all.

FG Bowsers, as well. PLEASE nerf the dropkick!

FG Links are extremely annoying with their projectile spam.

As a DK Main, I find at least more than half the cast to be a pain to fight online. Even DK himself.

Kaytu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8987-9930
Skilled players, who completely body my face, and then counterpick in the next match. Maybe it's because other forms of disrespect are more common and I've become used to them, but to me it's more infuriating than tea-bagging or excessive taunting. There are no words to describe how salty this makes me. Only screams.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
This is more character wise then For Glory habits, but I was playing a match with Cloud vs a Bayonetta. We're both at kill percent, and at this point, I see a chance to use Finishing Touch and did it.

The Bayonetta does Witch Time, but it goes to Bat Within, but I'm SLOWED DOWN DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE BAYONETTA DID BAT WITH INSTEAD.

This has happened several times when I fought several Bayonetta players online, and I'm wondering if that's some type of glitch or something.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
lol
Regarding Bayo, I'm sure there's this one 3DS player named Avery around here who kept owning my Meta Knight, Falco and Fox with his Bayo
And yet I only won ONCE with my Dark/Black Pit, once.

If he's reading this, then I assume he thinks that despite me not doing anything disrespectful like most For Glory players, that I'm just a dumb *** who lost to him : P

Oh Bayo...how you have to be so hard to punish. =__=

"Oh, but Juuyoh, hate yourself you weak little ****, not the fact that I used a top tier to beat your weak ass in lol" >__>

That, and no matchmaking or chat system ftw welp; should've realized such players on this mode really peck at my self-esteem lol (barring the peck in Falco's forward aerial)

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
It might, the developers probably thought noone would use finishing touch on a bat within bayo.
Nah that wasn't exactly the case. I have a replay saved where I used Cloud's f-smash into a Bayonetta also do Witch Time. I got slowed while she went into Bat Within, but unlike my other match, I still killed her thanks to the Final hit of Cloud's F-smash.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
This is more character wise then For Glory habits, but I was playing a match with Cloud vs a Bayonetta. We're both at kill percent, and at this point, I see a chance to use Finishing Touch and did it.

The Bayonetta does Witch Time, but it goes to Bat Within, but I'm SLOWED DOWN DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE BAYONETTA DID BAT WITH INSTEAD.

This has happened several times when I fought several Bayonetta players online, and I'm wondering if that's some type of glitch or something.
As a Bayonetta main I've done this on more than one occasion.

I don't think it's a glitch, but rather a "Sweetspot" of sorts where you can catch both the Counter and Bat Within frames at the same time. I've also noticed once it happens Witch Time is slightly shorter (at least in my opinion) even if that's the only time you used it in the match. Sometimes it can be a problem especially since I use Witch Time as a edge guard when I'm able to, because well...

You're gonna have to Up B right into it, and if you have a character that does damage with their UP B it's a free Witch Time.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
People who try way to hard to be disrespectful with shield break punishes. I've had several cases where an opponent could easily kill me and end the match, but they took much time trying to be cool and I managed to escaped death.
One time a Yoshi tried to kill me after breaking my shield by... u-tilting and trying to kill me by a u-air while baiting an air dodge. I avoid the attack and kill Yoshi with Mario's up-Smash, and that was it.

Another match I playing as Bowser and DK breaks my shield. The DK foolishly walks away from me to charge neutral B, and thanks to me mashing buttons, I break out of stun and jumped outta the attack. I also won that match too.

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
Roll spammers...

I absolutely hate roll spammers. You all know what I'm talking about. The people that will roll if you just so much as take a step close to them. I was just playing on For Glory and I fought three roll spammers over the course of 20 minutes. No matter how badly I'm beating them (because, let's be honest here, the people that do this are usually not the best), it still manages to annoy me.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
PK Fire!!
PK Freeze!!
Thunder!!
Thoron
Robin's PK Fire Knockoff!
D3's spike ball thing!
Luuuuuuuuuuummmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Roll, Roll, Roll, Grab, Throw, Aerial, Roll, Roll, Smash, Roll, Roll
Up tilt forever!!
Green Missile!
Neutral B
every Link Toon link and duck hunt special!
Ganondork
Flare Blitz!!
Skull Bas
thunderbolt
[takes breath]
bowser and the thing I don't talk about.
Counter!!
those white things in the sky that snow and rain come from.
Haidouken, Haidouken, Haidouken, Haidouken, Haidouken ,dtilt, shoryuken!
All side B's
aura sphere and shadow ball span to the max!!
Villager

I think that's it for my anger at for glory for now

J3MC

Smash Rookie
It really makes me very angry that there are just players that taunt at every single kill they gain, or every win. Also, it makes me mad that i lose to some very less-skilled opponents for stupid causes.

Good thing i have the ability to calm myself, because if i wouldn't have it, i would probably throw the console over the window.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Recently what's been annoying me are the "check out my tech skill" guys.

They will try to be flashy, but don't know how to use it at all up close. They'll sit halfway across the stage, dash dance and dance trot around, perfect pivot, perfect pivot utilt, crouching perfect pivot, wavebounce, b-reverse - all to no effect because they're too far away to actually use any of it. Most of the time I'll just stand there and watch them, shield whatever they approach with and grab, or just walk up slowly and do something.

Like these guys subscribed to My Smash Corner on Youtube before even learning the fundamentals.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Recently what's been annoying me are the "check out my tech skill" guys.

They will try to be flashy, but don't know how to use it at all up close. They'll sit halfway across the stage, dash dance and dance trot around, perfect pivot, perfect pivot utilt, crouching perfect pivot, wavebounce, b-reverse - all to no effect because they're too far away to actually use any of it. Most of the time I'll just stand there and watch them, shield whatever they approach with and grab, or just walk up slowly and do something.

Like these guys subscribed to My Smash Corner on Youtube before even learning the fundamentals.
The player I play against the most is a Lucas main who is extremely proficient at footstool lock combos and the like, in addition to having great fundamentals. He beats me soundly 7/10 times or maybe more. Yet he can't perfect pivot consistently. He knows what he's doing while he's being technical, and that's definitely the kind of "technical" player these guys strive to be but fail to do so.

And I, for one, am not very technical; I usually rely on my mental game and knowledge of fundamentals, as well as simple Villager exclusive tech like Lloid braking or half-watering. And that's on the easier end of things. I don't incorporate wavebouncing or perfect pivoting into my gameplay at all, yet I still do well. And even though my friend (the Lucas main stated above) is better than me IMO, he still says we're pretty much even despite the fact that I'm not even a quarter as technical as he is.

TL;DR: Being good as a techincal player is more than just knowing how to execute the tech. You have to know how to use it in your gameplay. Otherwise, you will most likely get steamrolled by people who know fundamentals and the like but don't apply the tech that you know how to perform.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
New one: Opponent uses tag "Training" or "Learning", lose one match then bust out their main. Like isn't the point of training to learn from your mistakes to get better with the character?

Top Bottom