• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
>beats you with cloud because you cant punish **** because its cloud
>switches to your character in round 2

Oh no, please, by all means cloud main #1,968,262,187, continue proving why cloud mains attract horrible human beings. I love having my proven time and time again.
It's even worse when they're using one of the Advent Children skins. I really hate that coat.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008

Oh no, please, by all means cloud main #1,968,262,187, continue proving why cloud mains attract horrible human beings. I love having my proven time and time again.
It's either Cloud, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Rosaluma, Ganondorf, Mario (RARE), Sonic (Uncommon) and Bayonetta. Those 8 tend to have some annoying advantages in this format, but there may be others.

I know since I've faced some myself lol

But in the case of Little Mac, a thing that annoys me is how I fall for their baits; granted I'm still a bad player so of course I'd fall for a Little Mac spamming u-tilt over and over and then whiffs a smash to punish me with a jab (as well as somehow always landing his side smashes and down smashes on-point each time).

jcx

Smash Journeyman

Cloud is SO exceedingly common now that it's not even funny. Everyone knows how to deal with him, or so it seems. I had to play Villager in Winners' Semis and Winners' Finals in a recent tournament since the Peach and Meta Knight players I faced (respectively) knew exactly what to do against Cloud. And when I tried counterpicking Cloud in Losers' Finals, I got bodied and I ended up forfeiting, unhappy about my decision.

This isn't online, but it's still Cloud-related and it sort of relates to Ghidorah14 Ghidorah14 's post... it was that tourney that got me to stop solo maining Cloud lol

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

......This saddens me, partially because it leads to stereoptypes, like:
Cloud players love to charge limit (I actually prefer to let it charge naturally)
Cloud is an easy, broke, pay-to-win character (and yet has weaknesses like everyone else, and shouldn't be hard to beat for a skilled enough player)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I just realized I said "cloud mains attract horrible people" as opposed to "cloud attracts horrible people," lol.

On that note, why does rosalina attract these neckbeard, dabuz-looking mother******s? Everytime I play a rosa (which is rare, thank god) their mii is always some pasty looking dude with a full beard and usually glasses.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Once again, as mentioned on my For Glory Insight thread, a portion of players (like me) don't seem to have the skillset needed to combat a character with massive advantages such as Cloud.

At the same time, most of us here in America stick to top-tiers (both tournament-wise and For Glory-wise) out of comfort and copying; we rarely innovate stuff and character loyalists like me (who uses Falco a ****ton) tend to get left with stuff that mainly Japan would know how to make use of (or a Level 9 CPU or Keitarou).

And of course, like with Mr. jcx, it's safe to say that these people who abuse Cloud like so have ruined Cloud for him; most people on For Glory tend to do that.

I'll admit I'm guilty of comfort-picking Mewtwo and Meta Knight (two top-tiers in their own regards), but I personally find those two to be very risky due to being overall lightweights that might die quite fast (even though Fox and Falco die possibly faster or just as fast).

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Once again, as mentioned on my For Glory Insight thread, a portion of players (like me) don't seem to have the skillset needed to combat a character with massive advantages such as Cloud.

At the same time, most of us here in America stick to top-tiers (both tournament-wise and For Glory-wise) out of comfort and copying; we rarely innovate stuff and character loyalists like me (who uses Falco a ****ton) tend to get left with stuff that mainly Japan would know how to make use of (or a Level 9 CPU or Keitarou).

And of course, like with Mr. jcx, it's safe to say that these people who abuse Cloud like so have ruined Cloud for him; most people on For Glory tend to do that.

I'll admit I'm guilty of comfort-picking Mewtwo and Meta Knight (two top-tiers in their own regards), but I personally find those two to be very risky due to being overall lightweights that might die quite fast (even though Fox and Falco die possibly faster or just as fast).
Meta Knight is high tier, not top tier. Just clearing that up.

The thing with Cloud is that by design, he's a very desirable character. I don't blame people who play Cloud because he does have a lot going for him. A mechanic that can change his stats and gives him a great kill option in Limit Cross Slash, amazing aerials, good combo game and frame data, and pretty easy to understand and play. Who doesn't want to use that character? Well okay, not everyone, but surely a lot do. It just so happens that a lot of Cloud players or tryhards from my experience, and that paints a negative perception of Cloud. I often like to think of the player being a tryhard rather than Cloud himself. While I do think he's a little too easy to get the hang of, I don't think he's braindead. Having to use the majority of your moveset if not all of it does not make you braindead, and I see Cloud players use the majority of it most of the time.

The only character that For Glory ruined for me is Mario. The amount of laziness that character has to succeed with just astounds me. You can play the entire match, working your hardest to take him, only to get killed by an insulting U-Smash. It's why I say Mario's the laziest character in the game. **** Mario in this game.

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
......This saddens me, partially because it leads to stereoptypes, like:
Cloud players love to charge limit (I actually prefer to let it charge naturally)
Cloud is an easy, broke, pay-to-win character (and yet has weaknesses like everyone else, and shouldn't be hard to beat for a skilled enough player)
When i use cloud i tend to let limit charge naturally, or if i do charge its just when i have the opporotunity to do so

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I just realized I said "cloud mains attract horrible people" as opposed to "cloud attracts horrible people," lol.

On that note, why does rosalina attract these neckbeard, dabuz-looking mother******s? Everytime I play a rosa (which is rare, thank god) their mii is always some pasty looking dude with a full beard and usually glasses.
Horrible people like me.
It's because they're all secretly dabuz in disguise.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Horrible people like me.
It's because they're all secretly dabuz in disguise.
lol, and people like him say as soon as everyone knows how to fight Rosaluma, she'll actually suck; the problem is getting people to turn that info into common knowledge in the first place : P

Also, I find it funny that via your profile pic and name, you made me remember that Cloud's VA (Takahiro Sakurai) actually did do some JoJo roles (yeah I'm that much of a voice actor nut):

Bruno Buccellati (JoJo Part 5 video game; voiced by Noriaki Sugiyama in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven)
Rohan Kishibe (JoJo Part 4 anime; voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven)

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
lol, and people like him say as soon as everyone knows how to fight Rosaluma, she'll actually suck; the problem is getting people to turn that info into common knowledge in the first place : P

Also, I find it funny that via your profile pic and name, you made me remember that Cloud's VA (Takahiro Sakurai) actually did do some JoJo roles (yeah I'm that much of a voice actor nut):

Bruno Buccellati (JoJo Part 5 video game; voiced by Noriaki Sugiyama in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven)
Rohan Kishibe (JoJo Part 4 anime; voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven)
.........Rohan knows how to break his limits?
This makes sense now! When he draws super fast he's really just using LB Cross Slash!

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
.........Rohan knows how to break his limits?
This makes sense now! When he draws super fast he's really just using LB Cross Slash!
AKA Kyougiri (Misfortune Cutter) in Japanese lol

That, and perhaps Araki was like "hey, I'll just use this spare random VA I remember using for one of the game adaptations to that one part lol"

BTW (beware, massively out of topic lol):
Lucario = ASB and EoH Giorno (Daisuke Namikawa; PERSONA! PASTAAAAA~!!!)
-
Snake and Samurai Goroh = Wamuu (Akio Ootsuka)
-
Bayonetta = Lisa Lisa (Atsuko Tanaka)
-
Young Link = Part 5 video game Narancia (Fujiko Takimoto)
-
Fox (Brawl and Smash 4) = Part 1 video game young Dio (Kenji Nojima; beware his Tou'no Gland and his "Warui ne~")
-
Marth = Part 1 video game and movie adult Dio (Hikaru Midorikawa)
-
Otacon = Part 1 video game adult Jonathan (Hideyuki Tanaka)
-
Pikachu = Part 3 anime Manish Boy AKA evil baby (Ikue Ootani)
-
Hitmonlee/Sawamular, Porygon, Rayquaza, Snorlax/Kabigon and Deoxys = Part 1 movie adult Jonathan (Katsuyuki Konishi; WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE IS?! And Miyuki Sawashiro's his demon king baby.)
-
Mewtwo (Smash 4) = Esidisi (Keiji Fujiwara; got it memorized...?)
-
Magnus/Magna = Santana (Kenji Nomura; GIGANTIC NOMURA!)
-
Onix/Iwark, Blastoise/Kamex, Venusaur/Fushigibana, Koffing/Dogars, Weezing/Matadogas and Metagross = Part 3 anime and EoH Joseph Joestar (Unshou Ishizuka; expect him to fire light beams and race his son on Akina)
-
Charizard/Lizardon, Beedrill/Spear, Charmander/Hitokage, Staryu/Hitodeman, Scizor/Hassam and Darkrai = Gyro Zeppeli (Shin'ichirou Miki; funny enough he's also "Ishizuka's son" who works at a doufu/tofu shop for deliveries)
-
Abomasnow/Yukino'oo, Kyurem, Gogoat and Inkay/Maaiika = Part 3 anime and EoH Muhammad Avdol (Kenta Miyake; KOUJI YUSA, LET'S FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM)
-
Shadow the Hedgehog = ASB Noriaki Kakyou'in (Kouji Yusa; Shoot to kill.....God Spear.)
-
Female Robin/Reflet = Jolyne Cujoh (Miyuki Sawashiro; *TRIGGERED* SHE'S EVERYWHERE AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!)
-
Latios = ASB Muhammad Avdol (Masashi Ebara; DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!!)
-
Blastoise/Kamex = Captain Tennille's impersonator (Tesshou Genda)
-
Panther Caroso = Tarkus (Tetsu Inada; IT'S LUR BU!!!!! IRA GAMAGOOOORIIIIII-TROMBE!)
-
Chrom and Takamaru = Anime-onwards Joseph Joestar (Tomokazu Sugita; INFERNO DIVIDER!!! Oi! Bonsly/Usohachi....where's Kagura...? I want my parfaits, dammit....where's my scooter?)
-
Phosphora/Eleka = Cherie (Yuka Komatsu)
-
Metal/Black Face = OVA Hol Horse (NORIO WAKAMOTO; Thank you for the warm up, Vegeta....I WISH I WERE A BIRD! MIST FINER!!! The heart is never truly lost, Miyu Irino....PSYCHO CRUSHER~!!!!!)

Phew, that's all lol

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Don't you guys hate it when you don't save a replay of a match that was really hilarious? Well, that's what happened to me today. Basically, I was fighting a Cloud player, because all the Falcons died out when he came around (at least for today). He was actually pretty good and he used Limit Cross Slash on me when I was off stage. I tried to tech to save myself, but missed it, and he footstooled off me and taunted. It was actually pretty awesome and hilarious so I taunted back. Fast forward a little bit and I manage to turn the tide of the match back into an even game. He knocked me off stage and F-Aired me, so I thought I was dead. However, he fast fell and died before I hit the edge of the blast zone. I was laughing my *** off, but I forgot to save and the guy promptly left. I'm sure he was mighty pissed about that loss since he had that match in the bag. Way to throw the game, lol.
I actually had a similar experience with a Shulk player the other day. The match ended with him up smashing me which led to a star KO. So naturally the match is over and I proceed to look down at my phone to answer a skype message and then I hear Shulk's death scream and then my character's victory jingle. I saved the replay just for the sake of wanting to know what the heck happened. I assumed he misinputed and backslashed off the stage by mistake. What happened was ultimately more hilarious though. He put on his jump art and proceeded to double jump off the edge of the stage and fair, to likely get that cool freeze frame pose thingy before the results pops up, but he ends up dying first. Though I kind of felt a bit bad for him (before I watched the replay and saw it wasn't a misinput at all so I just laugh whenever I think of it) since he finally got in a win after a while and then that happened. He stuck around though.

In other news the FG algorithm still never ceases to take me for a loop in the 1v1 front. What are the chances of fighting a player with a certain character, say Sonic, and for them to leave and next said player who shows up is also a Sonic player. I also tend to never see certain characters unless I pick a certain character, as weird as that sounds. Zelda is a character who I don't see too often, heck that's an understatement, perhaps rarely is more like it. Yet I noticed that whenever I go into a new room and select Roy first, compared to Ike, I've got matched up with quite a few Zelda players (not all in a row obviously lol). One time I joked, 'Inb4 Zelda' and actually got one haha! I laugh but I actually hate that match up. Sometimes FG doesn't seem that 'random' at times.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
AKA Kyougiri (Misfortune Cutter) in Japanese lol

That, and perhaps Araki was like "hey, I'll just use this spare random VA I remember using for one of the game adaptations to that one part lol"

BTW (beware, massively out of topic lol):
Lucario = ASB and EoH Giorno (Daisuke Namikawa; PERSONA! PASTAAAAA~!!!)
-
Snake and Samurai Goroh = Wamuu (Akio Ootsuka)
-
Bayonetta = Lisa Lisa (Atsuko Tanaka)
-
Young Link = Part 5 video game Narancia (Fujiko Takimoto)
-
Fox (Brawl and Smash 4) = Part 1 video game young Dio (Kenji Nojima; beware his Tou'no Gland and his "Warui ne~")
-
Marth = Part 1 video game and movie adult Dio (Hikaru Midorikawa)
-
Otacon = Part 1 video game adult Jonathan (Hideyuki Tanaka)
-
Pikachu = Part 3 anime Manish Boy AKA evil baby (Ikue Ootani)
-
Hitmonlee/Sawamular, Porygon, Rayquaza, Snorlax/Kabigon and Deoxys = Part 1 movie adult Jonathan (Katsuyuki Konishi; WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE IS?! And Miyuki Sawashiro's his demon king baby.)
-
Mewtwo (Smash 4) = Esidisi (Keiji Fujiwara; got it memorized...?)
-
Magnus/Magna = Santana (Kenji Nomura; GIGANTIC NOMURA!)
-
Onix/Iwark, Blastoise/Kamex, Venusaur/Fushigibana, Koffing/Dogars, Weezing/Matadogas and Metagross = Part 3 anime and EoH Joseph Joestar (Unshou Ishizuka; expect him to fire light beams and race his son on Akina)
-
Charizard/Lizardon, Beedrill/Spear, Charmander/Hitokage, Staryu/Hitodeman, Scizor/Hassam and Darkrai = Gyro Zeppeli (Shin'ichirou Miki; funny enough he's also "Ishizuka's son" who works at a doufu/tofu shop for deliveries)
-
Abomasnow/Yukino'oo, Kyurem, Gogoat and Inkay/Maaiika = Part 3 anime and EoH Muhammad Avdol (Kenta Miyake; KOUJI YUSA, LET'S FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM)
-
Shadow the Hedgehog = ASB Noriaki Kakyou'in (Kouji Yusa; Shoot to kill.....God Spear.)
-
Female Robin/Reflet = Jolyne Cujoh (Miyuki Sawashiro; *TRIGGERED* SHE'S EVERYWHERE AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!)
-
Latios = ASB Muhammad Avdol (Masashi Ebara; DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!!)
-
Blastoise/Kamex = Captain Tennille's impersonator (Tesshou Genda)
-
Panther Caroso = Tarkus (Tetsu Inada; IT'S LUR BU!!!!! IRA GAMAGOOOORIIIIII-TROMBE!)
-
Chrom and Takamaru = Anime-onwards Joseph Joestar (Tomokazu Sugita; INFERNO DIVIDER!!! Oi! Bonsly/Usohachi....where's Kagura...? I want my parfaits, dammit....where's my scooter?)
-
Phosphora/Eleka = Cherie (Yuka Komatsu)
-
Metal/Black Face = OVA Hol Horse (NORIO WAKAMOTO; Thank you for the warm up, Vegeta....I WISH I WERE A BIRD! MIST FINER!!! The heart is never truly lost, Miyu Irino....PSYCHO CRUSHER~!!!!!)

Phew, that's all lol
Smash 4 JoJo crossover game confirmed.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Smash 4 JoJo crossover game confirmed.
lol, I just search up WAY too many VA parallels.

I know VA's names, but sometimes only a few amount of their roles I can recall without searching up.

Most of it leads to some Hilarious in Hindsight moments like TV Tropes would say tho; can you believe that Roy, Marth and Cloud's Japanese VA's are all in Code Geass?
Then we have JPN Greninja/Gekkouga voiced by Yuuji Ueda; it's either Strider Hiryuu (ANOTHER Capcom crossover ahoy) or Donatello.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Welp, guess what. Now I too have experienced a ditto that's meant to question my existence.

Some DarkDra-or-whatever guy who used a green Samus crushed my Fox cause as usual, I'm trying to pick him up and learn how he goes about things. Both times were from an SD via a poor recovery (used side b at an improper height out of habit, and used up b too late via that moment). (Again, I'm Juuyoh btw if you manage read this very post yourself)

What do they do when I lose? Switch to the same Fox color I was using, and upon my first death spam down b. He/she was even doing things like landing back aerial on-point, something I can't train myself to do consistently.

Then he/she leave after I lose to him/her again.

Yeah, maybe I started to use Fox all because of him being from the same universe as Falco, and because of bs inspirations like Larry Lurr.....but come on. You're going to give my flak for me trying to use someone that's a technical and difficult high/top-their that I don't have much experience yet with other than my comfort low-tier pick Falco?
I bet he was going to also use ditto Falco on me just to "teach me a lesson" and to never do anything again. I'm guessing that he was also assuming I was a typical For Glory scrub tryhard all for using a scared high/top-tier like Fox with no success due to me still trying to get a good feel on him.

I've read up on the comments on PR Balrog's interview; one of them made a good point about people wasting more time trying to "disrespect and demoralize their opponents" rather than to have fun.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Getting ledged trumped then dying due to a character with a quick and powerful back-air like Falcon, Ganon and Marth is plain stupid to me.

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
When playing FG, does anyone else do worse against worse opponents? Like I can stand toe to toe with some experts, but the moment a Mac starts spamming smashes, Zeldas use neutral B or someone just stands and waits for me to approach, I lose on the spot.

Illusions

Smash Cadet
NNID
minnievanilly
3DS FC
0345-0482-7374
The lag in FG makes me salty. We all know it's the price you have to pay but boy does it make me mad at times to play like an absolute scrub because of the lag.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
When playing FG, does anyone else do worse against worse opponents? Like I can stand toe to toe with some experts, but the moment a Mac starts spamming smashes, Zeldas use neutral B or someone just stands and waits for me to approach, I lose on the spot.
Right!?

Whats up with that?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Getting ledged trumped then dying due to a character with a quick and powerful back-air like Falcon, Ganon and Marth is plain stupid to me.
And then we zip to back aerials like Fox's and Falco's which are damn hard to hit with in comparison lol; Falco's is arguably the strongest of its kind via having the highest knockback scaling/growth when landed clean.

I know, right? I personally ranted about this at first and even mentioned it in my own thread; that part tends to be damn annoying especially with attacks that have good IASA frames.

I'm also personally guilty of this too, it seems to be the only best way to stand against these kinds of players.

Other examples also include Little Mac suddenly always managing to punish you with a frame 1 jab after whiffing a smash, or Ganondorf always using his up smash for a bait. I personally often use Roy's Flare Blade/Explosion to bait foes the same exact way, and it works a lot of the time (but due to my inability to be "gud", I tend to still fall under pressure).

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I think For Glory just isn't good for practice. You spend more time putting up with annoyances than actually learning your character. Your opponents are always a mixed bag and you don't learn anything unless you figure it out for yourself.
who uses Falco a ****ton
*raises hand*

That_One_Kokiri_Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hylian_is_back
Rolling, Spamming, someone who taunts even if it's an unintentional SD, and the ones who trash talk after you beat them. That's why I only play with my friend.

Also Cloud.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Gotta love people who say that You got "Rekt" even though we were both at kill percents on our last stocks for all matches.
And of course, after talking all that **** they leave.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I think For Glory just isn't good for practice. You spend more time putting up with annoyances than actually learning your character. Your opponents are always a mixed bag and you don't learn anything unless you figure it out for yourself.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. The learning is a mixed bag for people but for me it's a pain in the ass to learn how to adapt on the fly if the environment is there just to salt you up.

And yes, that makes me admit I'm a weak piece of flesh with weaknesses that have to be pushed like a button by everyone (including me) who turns into a salty-Leffen wannabe that bash any nerfs done to Melee Fox whilst on stream lol

As a fellow Falco user, I always feel like I may have lost all because I invested more time into a "low-tier who of course gets **** on in the US environment" than a high or low tier I'm truly comfortable with (Mewtwo and Meta Knight for me = suicide).

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It's been awhile since I played on For Glory (or Smash in general). Nice to know it's still the same in terms of disappointment.

Had several players rage quit mid-match because they didn't have a winning advantage, and I hate that so much. Yeah, sometimes when people need to go they need to go, and there's no way of finishing the match quickly. But when you win three matches against me and even looks like your saving the replays, but are instantly ready when you lose I sometimes really have to wonder about that.

Don't rage quit because you suddenly can no longer beat me. At least keep your honor and play through.

I also encountered an Olimar troll today who would roll spam, run, jump off stage, and use Side B a lot. Once I took his stock I decided to play his game and do the exact same thing. 210% later he couldn't KO me in time and I won by default.

I assume he quit before the results screen even came up cause he was instantly gone without any question. Dat salt.

Lastly, I encountered a Samus and thankfully I was ROB (because I feel like if I was King Dedede or Bayonetta I would of been screwed). This Samus wasn't a spammer and didn't roll spam or anything. They got 6% on me and within the first 20 seconds I managed to wombo combo them off-stage and preform ROBs Z-Drop Gyro into Meteor Smash on them. They still played well and got me to at least 80%, but when they got to 77% or so on their second stock they immediately switched to full on Spamus Mode.

Rolling everywhere and literally doing nothing but chargeshots. Soon as I won the match they were instantly gone.

.... And that was my day in For Glory today. Seriously guys. Don't rage quit because you suddenly aren't winning. Don't attempt to troll if you really hate the tables getting turned against you. PLEASE for all that as holy especially don't start spamming when your back is against the wall when you were playing just fine before. Don't let Good sportsmanship die just cause you're playing Online.

I often wonder why I keep going onto For Glory knowing this is what I always get. I probably just get that bored, I guess?

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
It's been awhile since I played on For Glory (or Smash in general). Nice to know it's still the same in terms of disappointment.

Had several players rage quit mid-match because they didn't have a winning advantage, and I hate that so much. Yeah, sometimes when people need to go they need to go, and there's no way of finishing the match quickly. But when you win three matches against me and even looks like your saving the replays, but are instantly ready when you lose I sometimes really have to wonder about that.

Don't rage quit because you suddenly can no longer beat me. At least keep your honor and play through.

I also encountered an Olimar troll today who would roll spam, run, jump off stage, and use Side B a lot. Once I took his stock I decided to play his game and do the exact same thing. 210% later he couldn't KO me in time and I won by default.

I assume he quit before the results screen even came up cause he was instantly gone without any question. Dat salt.

Lastly, I encountered a Samus and thankfully I was ROB (because I feel like if I was King Dedede or Bayonetta I would of been screwed). This Samus wasn't a spammer and didn't roll spam or anything. They got 6% on me and within the first 20 seconds I managed to wombo combo them off-stage and preform ROBs Z-Drop Gyro into Meteor Smash on them. They still played well and got me to at least 80%, but when they got to 77% or so on their second stock they immediately switched to full on Spamus Mode.

Rolling everywhere and literally doing nothing but chargeshots. Soon as I won the match they were instantly gone.

.... And that was my day in For Glory today. Seriously guys. Don't rage quit because you suddenly aren't winning. Don't attempt to troll if you really hate the tables getting turned against you. PLEASE for all that as holy especially don't start spamming when your back is against the wall when you were playing just fine before. Don't let Good sportsmanship die just cause you're playing Online.

I often wonder why I keep going onto For Glory knowing this is what I always get. I probably just get that bored, I guess?
Lol, I am for sure very guilty of this. Walls that shut-down your advantages are annoying to deal with when you lack the skillset for it (Gate Blocker from Yuu-Gi-Ou anyone?)

But of course, that's half-blamed on the matchmaking system of For Glory I'll admit. Playing with friends as I managed to find out is much better than trying to be inconsistently matched up just to pour/acquire salt.

Irony: My current profile pic happens to be a tanky dude (who's actually a Chinese historical figure) that has the same Japanese voice as Falco

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I've been getting pretty rusty vs. human opponents recently because I actually reset my data to play through the single player stuff again (I play a lot of Smash 3DS to pass time and there's only so much FG and/or 1v1 Lv.9s you can stomach. lol), so I've been playing even less FG than usual.

But going back to in the last couple of days while in a pretty bad state has really showed me just how far some people will "take those" because I've been having some really awful games on my half and yet people will still do the same awful spam taunt/crouch, leave after they win one game crap that they do if they actually body you.

-and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything good about acting like an ass if you do body someone, but a good player realises when their opponent has lost because of one or two general inconsistencies - and they don't celebrate those, it's not worth celebrating, it's stupid. There's a reason top players say "We take those." and it's not because they want to take wins that way.

It's not a problem that crops up consistently, but I just had a bad string of those cases coming back into FG and I just had to bring it up because when your opponent is acting cocky after a little lag that you're no longer used to turns a single attempt at edge-guarding into an inescapable fastfall to your death, or when you mis-aim a single recovery after 10 games and SD, it's really just the nail in the coffin for you ever taking them seriously. -and don't even get me started on the same players who don't even stick around to let you redeem yourself in a later game.

It's not hard to realise when you're taking those, so just... -take them with pride. If I can hold my L and just accept what happened, you can be a honourable winner.

Another point I wanna bring (back) up for the 50millionth time is that people are really, really hostile to taunting and I just... -I do it for fun, it's not my issue if you take it as a personal attack, it's just an animation I like seeing play out so I'm gonna do it if I got time to do it safely. The Miis can wait - free taunting first. :p

...JK Miis, ILY, I wish you were usable in FG. RIP in peace.

:salt: Oh, and while I'm ranting and have a place to be generally salty, just **** Mewtwo in general. I've not had a fun experience against Mewtwo in months. I'm sick of losing to a few cheap disjoints after having no patience with [MAXIMUM OVER-ROLL] and games devolving to a point where the whole thing is "How long can you avoid Shadow Ball and/or be bothered?". :shaker: End salt. lol

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
I've been getting pretty rusty vs. human opponents recently because I actually reset my data to play through the single player stuff again (I play a lot of Smash 3DS to pass time and there's only so much FG and/or 1v1 Lv.9s you can stomach. lol), so I've been playing even less FG than usual.

But going back to in the last couple of days while in a pretty bad state has really showed me just how far some people will "take those" because I've been having some really awful games on my half and yet people will still do the same awful spam taunt/crouch, leave after they win one game crap that they do if they actually body you.

-and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything good about acting like an *** if you do body someone, but a good player realises when their opponent has lost because of one or two general inconsistencies - and they don't celebrate those, it's not worth celebrating, it's stupid. There's a reason top players say "We take those." and it's not because they want to take wins that way.

It's not a problem that crops up consistently, but I just had a bad string of those cases coming back into FG and I just had to bring it up because when your opponent is acting cocky after a little lag that you're no longer used to turns a single attempt at edge-guarding into an inescapable fastfall to your death, or when you mis-aim a single recovery after 10 games and SD, it's really just the nail in the coffin for you ever taking them seriously. -and don't even get me started on the same players who don't even stick around to let you redeem yourself in a later game.

It's not hard to realise when you're taking those, so just... -take them with pride. If I can hold my L and just accept what happened, you can be a honourable winner.

Another point I wanna bring (back) up for the 50millionth time is that people are really, really hostile to taunting and I just... -I do it for fun, it's not my issue if you take it as a personal attack, it's just an animation I like seeing play out so I'm gonna do it if I got time to do it safely. The Miis can wait - free taunting first. :p

:salt: Oh, and while I'm ranting and have a place to be generally salty, just **** Mewtwo in general. I've not had a fun experience against Mewtwo in months. I'm sick of losing to a few cheap disjoints after having no patience with [MAXIMUM OVER-ROLL] and games devolving to a point where the whole thing is "How long can you avoid Shadow Ball and/or be bothered?". :shaker: End salt. lol
I'm in the same position; I can't improve much because there's only so much FG can offer. How about we help each other out by practicing?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I'm in the same position; I can't improve much because there's only so much FG can offer. How about we help each other out by practicing?
It's not that I'm not improving, it's more that I just haven't played a human opponent in so long that it's been a bit of a shock going back to FG. Honestly, I do a lot of battling the CPU because I've never been a big fan of online play's issues, and there's not many people locally I know of, so getting used to human habits again can take a while, but it also gives me a clean mental slate to make notes on opponent habits with, so it's not all bad.

I'm still up for playing anyone who offers here, but since I'm basically the living embodiment of a 3DS casual, I'm probably not gonna be much help for trying to improve even if I consider myself at least above average (for FG - which isn't saying much lol). :rolleyes:

Regardless, feel free to throw me a message if you wanna play a few games anyway!

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008

-and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything good about acting like an *** if you do body someone, but a good player realises when their opponent has lost because of one or two general inconsistencies - and they don't celebrate those, it's not worth celebrating, it's stupid. There's a reason top players say "We take those." and it's not because they want to take wins that way.

Welp. Most of this tends to be quite true.

Also, I AM SO SORRY with the Mewtwo thing....I mean, I use him too and I completely understand why he's easy to hate on (down tilt and dash attack range so stronk); but sadly I'm pretty much a player who under-uses his tools (can't consistently make a habit out of Confusion and/or Disable to save my life).

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Welp. Most of this tends to be quite true.

Also, I AM SO SORRY with the Mewtwo thing....I mean, I use him too and I completely understand why he's easy to hate on (down tilt and dash attack range so stronk); but sadly I'm pretty much a player who under-uses his tools (can't consistently make a habit out of Confusion and/or Disable to save my life).
I actually used to really like Mewtwo around their release. But as the meta progressed for M2 and they received buffs, they just became a character I stopped finding fun to play because of the way they developed. The same actually happened with Ike, who I used to really enjoy playing at launch but slowly became a character I stopped caring for.

I don't actually usually have an issue with disjoints by themselves, but M2 frankly has some really degenerate FG players (Any character with a strong projectile does, so it's not a specific M2 problem. It's just that M2 is actually good on top of that.), so I just can't help but get frustrated with them - which only serves to make my gameplay worse and create a negative spiral. The same used to go for Link until I learned the tricks to beating him, and I'm sure the same will happen for M2, but in the meantime I'm not gonna stop getting salty about having 90% of my moves beat out by Dash. lol

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I actually used to really like Mewtwo around their release. But as the meta progressed for M2 and they received buffs, they just became a character I stopped finding fun to play because of the way they developed. The same actually happened with Ike, who I used to really enjoy playing at launch but slowly became a character I stopped caring for.

I don't actually usually have an issue with disjoints by themselves, but M2 frankly has some really degenerate FG players (Any character with a strong projectile does, so it's not a specific M2 problem. It's just that M2 is actually good on top of that.), so I just can't help but get frustrated with them - which only serves to make my gameplay worse and create a negative spiral. The same used to go for Link until I learned the tricks to beating him, and I'm sure the same will happen for M2, but in the meantime I'm not gonna stop getting salty about having 90% of my moves beat out by Dash. lol
lol, that IntroSpecktive video made a lot of sense

All the patch-nerfed characters: "THIS GAME SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN PATCHED"
Mewtwo's patch-buffs: "OH YES!!!! YEEEES!!!! ABADANGO!!!!!!"

Me: .....wtf....that is so damn unfair the more I think about it like that. I feel ****ing guilty now.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Okay, for sure, right now it happens to be people who switch to either :4ganondorf: or :4charizard: whenever they're a few matches in, winning or losing.

For sure, I now also understand from this tier list lol: http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:BeepYou/An_accurate_For_Glory_tier_list

Pretty much these two are also not only hard to deal with in terms of me having an inferior skill set, but also due to the fact that these guys destroy anyone in lag.

They also tarnish the reputation of any actual mains of these characters, since most of them are disrespect-fishers or blind-IntroSpecktive fanboys.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I encountered three different players last night who taunted while in the middle of fighting me. Not after taking out a stock, no, but after knocking me a good distance away, maybe off the stage, sometimes when I'm simply not anywhere near them. The worst offender was a Ness who repeatedly spammed his "Okay!" taunt, along with teabagging on several other occasions, simply whenever I wasn't near him. He was arrogant as heck. The first one was a ZSS who taunted just once after knocking me off the stage (I guess it could've been an early taunt under the assumption that attack would've KO'd me, but I wouldn't be able to tell for sure .) the Ness was my second of the two, and the third and last one behaved somewhat similar to the Ness, but didn't constantly spam taunts.

I imagine you'd all understand what I'm getting at here; I hate the kind of arrogant players who go out of their way to spam taunts and similar means of mockery. I don't know whether they do it specifically to try throwing people off their game, or simply because it does "good" things for their ego and gains them some laughs, but either way, it's a pretty jerk*** thing to do. There are average players who focus entirely on fighting, nothing wrong with that, people who try to be as friendly and respectable as possible, the kind of players I always enjoy fighting....and then there are these people. Arrogant, cocky, and they love to try ticking people off. It makes me wonder exactly what goes on inside their heads. Even if it's a video game, that kind of behavior is telling to me on how these kind of people are in real life. I can assume they've got some noticeable egos or rude behavior to others, which I think would be fair to assume, but even if they don't, they clearly at least have no shame in building and showing off an ego when it comes to their gaming skills. But I digress. The behavior itself is annoying and can easily ruin a match for me, and it's honestly just saddening for me to see these kind of people in the community.

On that note though, I will admit that I find it very satisfying to see them get their just desserts. In fact, all three of those players that I mentioned fighting last night actually lost in battle and rage quit almost immediately. I ended up curb stomping the ZSS, while the Ness, after losing his first stock, made a mistake while using PK Thunder off the stage and lost because of a self-destruct. It was late when I played, so I honestly don't remember much about the third player, but I recall his/her fate being similar to that of the Ness in that they too lost because of their own mistake. How coincidental that all three players exhibiting this behavior that I fought last night ended up suffering from karma and rage quit after merely one match. :p

Last edited:

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I believe its because people go into a match expecting whatever the smart stuff/playstyle is for the character you are facing. Cant read a rando though and that gets you caught off guard.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I believe its because people go into a match expecting whatever the smart stuff/playstyle is for the character you are facing. Cant read a rando though and that gets you caught off guard.
Yeah, I feel this totally when I'm on FG. Which... -let's be real, I shouldn't. lol

It's also much easier to lose your cool to dumb tactics working, so I tend to get impatient. Generally in that situation you just do the same thing and get them impatient enough to do sub-optimal things for their character and you do okay.

Macs will Dash you. Zeldas will probably spam Din's Fire. They'll all resort to poor tactics eventually. It's just about recognising when this kind of thing is happening and adapting on a pretty meta level. It's really not about the game at that point, it's more about putting yourself in a horrifically casual mindset as opposed to a competitive one. Which I feel is totally unhealthy if you do want to get better, but at the same time... -you gotta learn to predict anything, right?

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I feel this totally when I'm on FG. Which... -let's be real, I shouldn't. lol

It's also much easier to lose your cool to dumb tactics working, so I tend to get impatient. Generally in that situation you just do the same thing and get them impatient enough to do sub-optimal things for their character and you do okay.

Macs will Dash you. Zeldas will probably spam Din's Fire. They'll all resort to poor tactics eventually. It's just about recognising when this kind of thing is happening and adapting on a pretty meta level. It's really not about the game at that point, it's more about putting yourself in a horrifically casual mindset as opposed to a competitive one. Which I feel is totally unhealthy if you do want to get better, but at the same time... -you gotta learn to predict anything, right?
Sounds true to me!

Also one more thing. If I do keep getting crushed by someone I keep playing until I improve. When I finally win, I'm ready for more to make sure I've got things down, but the opponent always leaves without fail. Is their win rate or pride really that important to them?

It's gotten to a point that I changed my tag to say "Sorry I'm bad" in a hope people understand not to mock me for wanting to improve.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Also one more thing. If I do keep getting crushed by someone I keep playing until I improve. When I finally win, I'm ready for more to make sure I've got things down, but the opponent always leaves without fail. Is their win rate or pride really that important to them?
Yeah, this is unfortunately too true. People don't like to stick around to help worse players improve. -and I find if they do stick around, they either sandbag, act like a jerk, or scroll through the roster in some really unimpressive attempt to show how many characters they can win with, which doesn't always help you improve if you don't have enough time to adapt.

It's why I only really play FG when I feel like playing against human opponents and not specifically improving. Because you don't. lmao

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I encountered three different players last night who taunted while in the middle of fighting me. Not after taking out a stock, no, but after knocking me a good distance away, maybe off the stage, sometimes when I'm simply not anywhere near them. The worst offender was a Ness who repeatedly spammed his "Okay!" taunt, along with teabagging on several other occasions, simply whenever I wasn't near him. He was arrogant as heck. The first one was a ZSS who taunted just once after knocking me off the stage (I guess it could've been an early taunt under the assumption that attack would've KO'd me, but I wouldn't be able to tell for sure .) the Ness was my second of the two, and the third and last one behaved somewhat similar to the Ness, but didn't constantly spam taunts.

I imagine you'd all understand what I'm getting at here; I hate the kind of arrogant players who go out of their way to spam taunts and similar means of mockery. I don't know whether they do it specifically to try throwing people off their game, or simply because it does "good" things for their ego and gains them some laughs, but either way, it's a pretty jerk*** thing to do. There are average players who focus entirely on fighting, nothing wrong with that, people who try to be as friendly and respectable as possible, the kind of players I always enjoy fighting....and then there are these people. Arrogant, cocky, and they love to try ticking people off. It makes me wonder exactly what goes on inside their heads. Even if it's a video game, that kind of behavior is telling to me on how these kind of people are in real life. I can assume they've got some noticeable egos or rude behavior to others, which I think would be fair to assume, but even if they don't, they clearly at least have no shame in building and showing off an ego when it comes to their gaming skills. But I digress. The behavior itself is annoying and can easily ruin a match for me, and it's honestly just saddening for me to see these kind of people in the community.

On that note though, I will admit that I find it very satisfying to see them get their just desserts. In fact, all three of those players that I mentioned fighting last night actually lost in battle and rage quit almost immediately. I ended up curb stomping the ZSS, while the Ness, after losing his first stock, made a mistake while using PK Thunder off the stage and lost because of a self-destruct. It was late when I played, so I honestly don't remember much about the third player, but I recall his/her fate being similar to that of the Ness in that they too lost because of their own mistake. How coincidental that all three players exhibiting this behavior that I fought last night ended up suffering from karma and rage quit after merely one match. :p
I met a Bowser Jr player last night who was exactly like that. He didn't taunt though, but Tea-bagged wherever and whenever.

Sad thing is he was a really good Bowser Jr player. They're already really rare to find on For Glory, and finding one that doesn't rely on spam is also super rare. Sadly I couldn't enjoy any of the matches I had with him though due to his sheer arrogance, and I couldn't win against him due to my lack of knowledge against Bowser Jr (that and again, he was pretty good with him). It sucked.

I'm pretty sure these players do it simply because they think they're hot stuff and want to humiliate opponents who aren't as good.

As for the "Friendly and respectable" part, I'm one of those people. I try my hardest to be as nice as possible to anyone and everyone. I don't even Taunt unless they either do it first or if I did something I found very impressive. Sadly it seems like no matter how nice I am I still get salt split all over me no matter what, which I cannot understand. It's just one of those FG things.

On a side note, I have to ask: Are people still ultra salty about Bayonetta or something?

I've mained her since the beginning but didn't use her much for quite some time. Once I did a lot of practice with her I began to get back into her and use her a lot more often to the point I'll start off with her in the first match. Despite the fact she's been mega nerfed and (in my experience) barely finding any Bayonetta players in For Glory, I've been getting dozens of opponents RQing.

They'll either do it at the very start of the match, or do it halfway through it in a salty fit of rage. So have I gotten that much better with her, or are people just as upset about her as ever? I mean... It's been months now. Shouldn't the Witch Hunts be over...?

I mean, I've gotten 7 Rage Quits in under an hour one day on For Glory. That's not an exaggeration.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not allowed to use her on For Glory again despite the nerfing she got.

Last edited:
Top Bottom