• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
People who repeatedly keep going in for those grabs.( Ya I know I play a character who uses that method.)
But players who keep on going for grabs again and again and again annoys me, but not so much if I keep countering their methods.
I once faced a Diddy who tried to grab me more then 10 times in one match, and he only got me twice

Last edited:

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
Spam Warning Received
People who grind my gears are Game & Watch users who spam neutral B at the end of stage.

Mr. Game and Watch. I don't know why. He's just some eldritch incomprehensible freak of nature to me. It's an unpredictable monster with odd, jerky movements. I can never tell what it's trying to communicate.
I hope you don't take this to heart but Mr Game and Watch isn't cheap it is just that you need more practice fighting a G&W

Mr. Game and Watch. I don't know why. He's just some eldritch incomprehensible freak of nature to me. It's an unpredictable monster with odd, jerky movements. I can never tell what it's trying to communicate.
Playing with laggers that have the delay down.[/quote

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
People who grind my gears are Game & Watch users who spam neutral B at the end of stage.

I hope you don't take this to heart but Mr Game and Watch isn't cheap it is just that you need more practice fighting a G&W
Please don't post more than one post in a chain; instead, please use the edit function when posting.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to find out who you recently played? I just played a sheik who rolled across stage the whole game and spammed needles and then he had the balls to taunt me lmfao

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Is there a way to find out who you recently played? I just played a sheik who rolled across stage the whole game and spammed needles and then he had the balls to taunt me lmfao
Go to your friends list, and press Y, the Wii U Friend's list.

Last edited:

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Nothing really.

My only complaint is when you fight 3 battles or so, then they leave after they win ONE.

That's my only salty moment.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I really hate knowing that If it goes to time, I have to go Sudden Death even though I was winning the entire time. It sucks losing a battle trying to avert such a poorly made tie breaker.

fabz97

Smash Cadet
Even tho i quit FG like 2 months ago, these were the reasons i quit.
1-People that would roll literally across the stage then throw a few projectiles once every while then straight back to rolling
2-insane lag
3-people that write abuse as their names after they've lost to you
4-when people have lost to the person you used so they use that person for some strange reason
5-people that quit straight away/quit when theyre losing like wtf its about experience maaayynnn:/

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I think I know what bugs me the most now.

People who don't press start at the results screen, and just let the timer run out all the way through the character select screen. Even if I'm having great matches with you, I'll leave if you do this more than once. I don't have all the time in the world.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Make it short and sweet: What makes you rage in For Glory? What things does your opponent do in For Glory that sends you off and ticks you off?

For me, it's when I play a For Glory match and I fight a LINK user, and they just throw projectiles at me (As a Falco / R.O.B. / Pac-Man main, that's not smart.) And then when I get close they'll shield and up B out of shield or Down smash or just roll away til they're on the other side of the stage. And then when they get lucky enough to land a kill from spamming down smash or forward smash 1 and 2, they'll do his up taunt or down taunt and sometimes if they even WIN, they'll leave the room after being in the Viewing Results... thing for a long time, most likely saving a replay for them to laugh about how "good" they are or something. I only save For Glory replays when I go in deep with Falco , R.O.B. or especially Pac-Man. Or, if I get bodied by an ACTUAL good player who knows their character and does something flashy, like run off stage with Falcon and do a quick down air and it spikes.

What makes you guys mad in For Glory?
I think it needs more rounds. So people can adjust to play strategies. Just needs more options outside of friend code play. Only 2 lives is too short. Like at least 4 lives as a solid 1 on 1. Even timer based setting for those who like that. Maybe nintendo will add for glory better setting in a patch?

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I think it needs more rounds. So people can adjust to play strategies. Just needs more options outside of friend code play. Only 2 lives is too short. Like at least 4 lives as a solid 1 on 1. Even timer based setting for those who like that. Maybe nintendo will add for glory better setting in a patch?
I don't know, 4 seems a little over-board. Maybe 3?

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
People who decide. "i'm losing? The reason must not be me, but him!"
Then proceed to put out hate as their nicknames and quit.

I always say, if you can't dodge a bowling ball, then stop getting off the ledge so much!

Edit: I also see a lot of people hate one matchers.
I agree, I only leave after one match for the following
Lag
Input Lag
First kill taunters
Spammers
Any Jerk really.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Hearkening back to what I said about Sonic, I now play G&W where Sonic is a nightmare no matter what. Online continues to further boost the problem I have with Sonic. One guy actually has the audacity to turn on his lag switch, beat me with Sonic, and insult me by changing his tags to "EZPZ" an "REALLYBAD". In the last dying words of Tupac Shakur, "**** you."

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I hate when lag kicks in and screws up my PKT2 recovery, OR I get screwed over when I have to recover from the left side of the stage and I just bounce off of the wall (and can't do the 2nd PKT2) because the physics aren't the same on both sides.

And then when people DO win after that scenario, they act like they accomplished something after I've beaten them in several previous matches. Or they just leave.

==

What I also hate is when I read a roll, but BARELY miss the punish. I always think like "COME ON YOU SO ROLLED INTO THAT". Or getting an F-Tilt as opposed to Pivot Grab, or not dashing past the opponent to pivot grab them after I made a read. -__-

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Just found a new hatred. People who spam rolls, none stop, rolling. Rolling to transport themselves. They literally NEVER walk / run, they will just roll from 1 side to the other, especially on characters with quick rolls like Sheik or Link, it's a pain.

Also, I give everyone I fight a best of 3, I never leave on the first game UNLESS it's required due to lag and such.

Last edited:

J0A0B

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2975-0850
People who beat me with one character and then switch to Little Mac for the rest of the fights. I can just imagine what's on his mind. "That heavyweight is such a pushover. Time to screw him further with my lag-free punches." As much as he sucks competitively I cannot stand fighting Little Mac in a mode where input lag prevents me from laying on hit the moment Mac is vulnerable and leaving me a sitting duck when my shield refuses to activate before the dash attack reaches.

I can't believe so many punks are still overusing that shrimp just because he's got those quick short-frame punches, annoying running speed and noob-friendly super armor. I'll bet that's why Team Mega lost in the latest conquest since I'm pretty sure Charizard and Bowser are somewhat even in the amount of usage.

I so wish there was a mode where you could ban certain characters from your online fights like in League of Legends. Some characters are just impossible to beat when lag hinders the majority.

GameRat

Smash Cadet
People who beat me with one character and then switch to Little Mac for the rest of the fights. I can just imagine what's on his mind. "That heavyweight is such a pushover. Time to screw him further with my lag-free punches." As much as he sucks competitively I cannot stand fighting Little Mac in a mode where input lag prevents me from laying on hit the moment Mac is vulnerable and leaving me a sitting duck when my shield refuses to activate before the dash attack reaches.
Yeah, its pretty difficult fighting those kinds of people. Usually what I do is that I lure the little mac player near the edge and try to throw them off by surprise. Smarter little mac players never fight near the edge, and his main strong suit is stage control.

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
I HATE people who spam counters, or spam in general. It makes me sooooo damn mad. Literally played a Marth/Little Mac team who spammed counters the whole match. Also played a Falcon/DDD team who spammed Falcon kicks and gordos. It's players like that who make me want to rage cause doing things like that takes no effort or thought. Another thing I HATE are campy players, played a Villager who would plant a tree, hide behind it and then spam his slingshot and rockets.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ness players
In all seriousness, people who mirror match me after beating me (or sometimes after losing) once do a good job at getting me salty. Luckily, that makes it more satisfying when I beat them and get a few juicy taunts in. Seriously, people think they can just pick up my main and win instantly because they beat me as Fox or whatever... :chuckle:
Laggy players are the absolute worst thing, especially when they use speedy combo-characters like Pikachu, ZSS, and Sheik. It's absolutely impossible to get a hit off when your opponent has a full 3 seconds of lag time to react to a projectile or an aerial or whatever. Bonus points if they taunt like they actually accomplished something when they're really just being bad at the game. If you know you have bad connection, don't try to ruin the experience for others.

Last edited:

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Also I see wayyyy too many people and all they do is some cheap combo. I encountered this spin-dashing sonic who just spin-dashed from near the ledge and stays as far away as possible and also spammed neutral Bs in the air while also trying to follow it up with the cheap up b up air, but like any smart player I DI out of the **** and airdodge it since it becomes so predictable then I just spammed Counter as Shulk because that's the only thing he was doing and I got called the N Word (I didn't even have a Black Mii) because he lost.

Also Free For All For Glory is frustrating. Too much Ness Up B Spammers and cheap Ganondorf players who like to try and steal kills.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Whenever someone, with whom I have some very close and even matches, leaves after the first (close) victory, especially when I previously won one a few matches, like two or three. I know it's stupid, but it always feels like they were just trying so hard to "remedy" their losses and then quickly leave before I could win again. Fighting someone of "my size" is one of the most entertaining things in 1on1 FG, that's why it grinds my gears.

Last edited:

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
I HATE people who spam counters, or spam in general. It makes me sooooo damn mad. Literally played a Marth/Little Mac team who spammed counters the whole match. Also played a Falcon/DDD team who spammed Falcon kicks and gordos. It's players like that who make me want to rage cause doing things like that takes no effort or thought. Another thing I HATE are campy players, played a Villager who would plant a tree, hide behind it and then spam his slingshot and rockets.
I got to ask you, did that villager do only that and nothing but?

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Seeing a Kirby only use Down-B. Happens to me almost every time, not fun to play against.

GameRat

Smash Cadet
As a ganon main I do that in friendlies lol. But in for glory, the stomp and utilts are my bffs hahaha
I might start maining Ganondorf in the smash 4. It seems like they beefed him and Bowser a whole lot more in the game.

Speaking of bowser, sometimes players only use his side b just to kamikaze someone off the edge. It's not fun, and it's annoying as heck.

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
Yep or he would dash attack occasionally. That was pretty much it
Was it me xD
I need to train as him...

Anyways my new hate is people who taunt twice and then attacking you when you taunt.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
What annoys me are sore winners. Usually when you get two-stocked, the message is clear: the match was too easy for the opponent. But then some people have the nerve to rub it in by throwing out a "2EASY4ME" or "LOLNOOB" tag. I prefer sore losers over sore winners because at least with the losers, they let their anger out because they felt over humbled. Winners though, it's like you won the match and nothing more needs to be said. Just move on if you think someone is too easy.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I'd have to say people who intentionally self destruct because they were losing and then try counter picking me.

Seriously, if somebody intentionally self destructs, then I would prefer them to just leave the room completely. At least then I can give them the benefit of the doubt that something happened in real life that forced them to stop playing the game right then. But if they continue playing and try counter picking me afterwards, then I know they are jerks.

nyanturtwig

Smash Cadet
NNID
nyanturtwig
3DS FC
0490-4718-5860
Spamus. I fought a Samus last night that was actually doing moves other than the neutral and side-b, but after I took the first stock it was nothing but roll and b spam. You started the game off fine, why would you resort to desperate spamming? I'm not even that good at the game right now, and we were close pretty much the entire time.

Ghostnapper

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cobaltshine
Spamus. I fought a Samus last night that was actually doing moves other than the neutral and side-b, but after I took the first stock it was nothing but roll and b spam. You started the game off fine, why would you resort to desperate spamming? I'm not even that good at the game right now, and we were close pretty much the entire time.
I recently played against one and I luckily was already playing Palutena at the moment, regardless I know the pain of playing against a samus who spams rockets or/and plasma blast

winner133

Smash Cadet
NNID
winner133
3DS FC
1161-0198-4190
I recently played against one and I luckily was already playing Palutena at the moment, regardless I know the pain of playing against a samus who spams rockets or/and plasma blast
I'm curious what he did after you reflected all of his charge shots and rockets

Top Bottom