• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you playing to tide you over until Brawl comes out?

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna try to get all the stars in Mario Galaxy and get the an-may in een-gray and also try to beat as much as I can of Guitar Hero III. I also have LoZ: PH to finish, along with MP3, and LoZ:TP.

I have a bad habit of not finishing games before I stop playing them.
Your not the only one; I do to many things at one time. I am trying to finish the wheel of time series (book 9 out of 12), 25 hours of school/25 hours of work/5 hours online class( I am a week behind on that <_<'),just got Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario, played 6 hours of Mass Effect, got my group of pokemon in Diamond to lvl 21, I am fixing to get DBZ:BT3, and I am trying to learn how to make good sigs using Gimp (I made that sig below), still need to finish Enchanted Arms, scouring these forums(haven't posted to much but I am starting), and of course sleeping. I almost have to much stuff to choose what to do.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, AoE III, Red Steel, Hevenly Sword, Wii sports and Play, Marvel: allaiance, Need for speed Carbon.
EDIT: Oh, and melee

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Ugh I swear, this better help.
Because the third star of the island with all the penguins (forgot the name on purpose)
really bugs the crap out of me.

SMG ftw.
The third star in Beach Bowl Galaxy or Sea Slide Galaxy? Beach Bowl = large...bowl-shaped place. Sea Slide = large ring-like place with a Yoshi egg-looking planet in the middle.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank Future! All amazing games and they will tide me over until Brawl's release. More than I need, in fact.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
It WAS Galaxy for me, just finished it last week (awesome game, ruled my life till I beat it). Now I'm back to Metroid Prime 3 since I didn't play it nearly enough when it first came out.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I will be playing orange box until then and most likely after. I still dont have a wii but will geting one. Im in no hurry to get a wii because I only want one for playing Brawl. Wii has some good game like zelda but most dont apeal to me like alot of valve's. Portal is an orgasmic game that is short but still fun to play over and over again. Not as much as smash but still. TF2 is an amazing game that is all about working with as a team. I dont have any problem right now waiting for ssbb because I got a hand full of things to do to pass the time. I highly recomend the oragne box to any one that is pulling out their hair waiting for brawl to come out.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
galaxy, radiant dawn, devil may cry 1, 2 and 3, phantom hourglass

i'm also watching a bunch of anime

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Oh I have something that surpasses all of your games or activities. I'm playing..the role of a random employee at McDonalds!!! If only I could afford a wii..or a game for the wii for that matter..
Got you beat I work at BK, on my way to management in just about a year. I have to wait till I turn 18 on December 29th and I have pretty much been garunteed this spot. My manager has been showing me how to do some of the management thingmabobs and she will put me in charge while she is working in her office, gets those 35 year olds really pissed :p

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I actually got back into Chao raising in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, the old gamecube game. The game itself I didn't like because of the awkward camera angles combined with high-speed gameplay. The Chao though, is time consuming, quite entertaining, and there's a huge amount of replay value, since you can always raise a new type of Chao. It'll deffinitly take me to Brawl.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Mario Strikers: Charged,
Super Smash Bros. Melee,
Super Mario Galaxy,
Assassin's Creed,
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance,
Mario Kart: DS

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about my buddy steam,

Team Fortress 2
Portal
Garry's Mod

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
LoZ: OoT
LoZ: TP
LoZ: Phantom Hourglass
VC:Kid Icarus (if I can get it.)
Paper Mario

So yeah I'll be a little busy till Brawl.

Oh and some Final Fantasy.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
after I got my Wii in October I've beaten Resident Evil 4 and Mario Galaxy, which are the only two Wii games I have now.

Now I'm just playing Melee. I've been practicing hard with Captain Falcon, especially in Event 51. Used to I could only beat that with Jigglypuff

Ferret

Smash Cadet
Well I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia (which I should play multiple times, because there's so much to do :p ), The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglas and I still have to play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance until the end and I may will play it a second time with another group of Characters as the main army so I think that should satisfy me until Brawl comes out.
(sorry for any typos or wrong grammer I'm German and Im drunk right now....new year--> good party xD)

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
Melee
Mario Galaxy
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Well I thinks its time to get some fresh air. *Opens curtains* Oh god sunlight!!!! *Closes curtains* Oh well I'll wait a little longer.........:chuckle:

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I am also playing psyconauts because I have always like their adventure games and I am also going back and rebeating FF8 with my brother durring the break.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
i'm still playing smash bros. melee, but the 2 games that are keeping me busy the most are super mario galaxy and legend of zelda, twilight princess (yes i know i'm behind, geez). getting all 120 power stars isn't easy, but i'm slowly getting there, and i'm trying to beat zelda for the first time. but we don't have far to go. hang in there smashers! kirby rules!

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
This has been my dilemma ever since Brawl was announced a year ago. I found World of Warcraft to be a good time sink; 5 months flew by like nothing. But I stopped playing since the people in the guild I was in turned into douches. From late November until now I had to frantically search for something to waste time.

I'm almost done with Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion, so now I need something else. I'm thinking Odin Sphere, replaying Ar Tonelico, replaying Suikoden 5, replaying Okami or some other RPG should do the trick until some juicy info is leaked near the Japanese release date. I can wait until the actual US release date only if videos from the Japanese version tide me over.

I heard good things about Drake's Uncharted too. I should check that out.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Why? This isn't a "games you think are better than brawl" thread.

I'm playing pokemon Diamond to pass the time.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
This isn't a "games that are better than Brawl" thread, it's actually making Brawl seem better since everything in between seems like fillers to some people O.o'. Back to topic. Seriously, is anyone not going to play Melee before Brawl? Kinda makes me wonder where Melee will go after Brawl.

Yuskai23

Smash Rookie
MMmmmmm.... Before winter break is over, Ill finist Battalion Wars 2. When school starts again, Ill practice on Melee (if my brother wants to play) and play/practice on Guitar Hero 3.

That's pretty much it....

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'm playing Super Mario Galaxies, Super Mario 64 DS, Nintendogs, and Mario Party 8.
Mario is the best series ever. You know it.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Dragon Ball Z Ten. 3 and Fire Emblem. DBZ is pretty fun, and plus it has online. It was laggy the first time I tried it, but it has not been working lately.

Top Bottom