• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to start Batman Arkham Asylum (the PS4 remaster) to refresh my memory on what the game was like. One thing led to another, and I wound up beating it 100% (aside from the challenges). Man, that game is addicting.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I have no way to play Dual Destinies 😭😭😭 but I love Ace Attorney

I'm trying to get into Wolfenstein. Been using DOS emulators in browser, treating the classics like Dinner and the games I bought in the steam summer sale as dessert. Bought Payday 1 & 2 and Mighty Fight Federation (It has ToeJam & Earl and YookaLaylee)
Update: I was no good at Wolfenstein, so I watched someone else beat it on YouTube. Still haven’t got to the games I bought. I’m playing another DOS game with no walkthroughs made on it. I can’t find any help on how to get through this game. It’s called Blupimania. I really want to see all the levels. It has an autonomous character you guide through levels.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I finally got around to playing Borderlands. It’s pretty fun and I feel like it’s the kinda game you play while watching something else which I like because there are a ton of hour long videos I want to watch

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
i just finnished Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney Trillogy!
What's your plan going forward? I'm watching let's plays to catch up. Played a couple of the 3ds ones but I don't have my 3ds anymore. I started on Trilogy like you.

I'm playing Saints Row Reboot and I kinda started Super Mario RPG. Haven't been motivated to play it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
What's your plan going forward? I'm watching let's plays to catch up. Played a couple of the 3ds ones but I don't have my 3ds anymore. I started on Trilogy like you.

I'm playing Saints Row Reboot and I kinda started Super Mario RPG. Haven't been motivated to play it.
I might just watch lets plays (or ill just use an emulator)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection, since I've never played Halo 1 before. I'm currently on the level 343 Guilty Spark; I think that's about halfway through.

I've heard horror stories about a level called "The Library", but some areas that I've been in have large blue arrows on the floor to give you an indication of where to go; I'm not sure if those were added in the remastered version, but if they were, I'm guessing they're there to make it easier to navigate through the maps, so I'm hoping they'll be in the Library level.

I've also started getting back into a little-known game called Minecraft; I haven't played it much (I only have a vague idea of what redstone does, or what enchanting is, and I've barely left the area that I started out in), but I've got a small army of wolves, so that's fun.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I've been playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection, since I've never played Halo 1 before. I'm currently on the level 343 Guilty Spark; I think that's about halfway through.

I've heard horror stories about a level called "The Library", but some areas that I've been in have large blue arrows on the floor to give you an indication of where to go; I'm not sure if those were added in the remastered version, but if they were, I'm guessing they're there to make it easier to navigate through the maps, so I'm hoping they'll be in the Library level.

I've also started getting back into a little-known game called Minecraft; I haven't played it much (I only have a vague idea of what redstone does, or what enchanting is, and I've barely left the area that I started out in), but I've got a small army of wolves, so that's fun.
Honestly the only thing with the library is that it drags on and the same area is repeated a bunch of times. It’s not that bad if you enjoy fighting the Flood though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Those arrows were added for the Anniversary edition. You can check for yourself by switching which version you're playing with the tap of a button.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Playing Gunvein, love the game system that awards you playing aggressivly even if I have a cramped right hand due to needing to use the R button for the lock on system. XD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am currently working on Fire Emblem Warriors. I beat the main story and am now on History Mode. I can see the appeal of the series now, but man does it seem daunting with how much grinding needs to be done.

I'll probably call it quits once I unlock each hidden character. If unlocking all of Anna's Momentos will only take a few hours after that, I might go for that as well.

This will definitely be the FE game that I play for this year. Engage & Warriors TH will have to wait for 2024. I made sure to get all of the DLC for the 3DS version before the shop shut down, even though I will probably never use it. lol

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Am currently working on Fire Emblem Warriors. I beat the main story and am now on History Mode. I can see the appeal of the series now, but man does it seem daunting with how much grinding needs to be done.

I'll probably call it quits once I unlock each hidden character. If unlocking all of Anna's Momentos will only take a few hours after that, I might go for that as well.

This will definitely be the FE game that I play for this year. Engage & Warriors TH will have to wait for 2024. I made sure to get all of the DLC for the 3DS version before the shop shut down, even though I will probably never use it. lol
Pretty much had the same thoughts & approach to History mode. Hope you look forward & enjoy 3 Hopes when you get around to it, both nintendo warriors sequels did a much greater job of mixing series elements with warriors imo. Idk, i really enjoyed it & wish it saw a little more success.

As for what im playing now i normally play a few games at a time but wanted to particularly bring up Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. Does such a good job of recapturing that JSR experience after such a long time.

Reactions: ---

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im currently INCREDIBLY PISSED i just played rise from the ashes in PWAA Trillogy and i could save after a gameover in the final segment!

Especially because i couldnt do this in turnabout goodbyes!
In every over case after a gameover its impossible to save but here?! WHY!

I guess i have to watch the ending!
You might say why did you present the piece of cloth i thought the fact that no blood was on it proved ema didnt do it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Just finished an indie platformer called Pseudoregalia. Basically a 3D metroidvania all about movement upgrades. Pretty good and only 6 bucks. Only gripe is that there's no map.

Currently playing a survival horror game called Signalis as well as playing Baldur's Gate 3 with some friends. Potentially my personal GOTY.

Last edited:

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
I started playing F-Zero X recently. I also like F-Zero GX, but wanted to start with X first. Probably my favorite racing series. My favorite machines are Blue Falcon and Sonic Phantom.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ve been playing through all the Treasure games since I haven’t really played through any of them in-depth yet beyond the first few stages. I’m gonna just do the Genesis games for now and maybe more later. So far I’ve played Gunstar Heroes and McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure and so I’ll play Dynamite Headdy next.

Gunstar Heroes is exactly as good as everyone says it is. It’s very chaotic and is pretty over stimulating at times considering the volume of enemies but it’s fun and I appreciated that while it is brutally difficult it doesn’t do the thing other run and gun games tend to do with limited continues and only one to three hits being enough to kill you because that can easily get frustrating at times. The fact that you can slide and dive to damage enemies is probably my favorite aspect of the game.

McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure doesn’t necessarily 100% escape the trappings of being a licensed kids platformer so it can kinda feel overly simple at times (though this may be because I played on the default beginner setting). That said, it feels like the game is aware of this and so it introduces a lot of mechanics or level elements in the four long stages to make gameplay constantly being shifted up and so fun feels prioritized over challenge which is respectable enough. The game doesn’t feature any McDonald’s products like burgers or fries so it doesn’t feel like you’re being advertised to which I can also respect.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Halo 3 through the Master Chief Collection on Steam - I haven't played it since 2009, so while I remembered some things (mostly the last three levels), I had completely forgotten large chunks of the middle of the game.

I've also been playing a bit of Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube. Generally, I was quick to refill my Sanity meter when it dropped once I got the ability to recover it with magic, but for my third playthrough, I think I'm only going to refill it when I absolutely have to in order to see as many of the game's insanity effects as I can.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I played through Kingdom Hearts 3D on 3DS not to long ago and really enjoyed it this time, unlike back when it came out. Not sure why I disliked it so much back then but I'm glad that I gave it another shot. It also made me watch Tron for the first time yesterday (good movie btw).

I'm now on Nier Automata. First playthrough is already done. Looking forward to that third playthrough everybody is talking about.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Replayed the first Metal Gear Solid. Really enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played it. I had just played MGS2 when I played it the first time so I kind of had expectations going into it which is why I didn’t like it as much then but now I almost think the stealth is done better than MGS2 and 3. The lack of first person view means you need to have more spatial awareness and cant really rely on just dashing to the end of an area once you’re spotted like 2. I am going to reply the other two MGS games on legacy collection before I make any definitive statements though.

there’s also the annoying backtracking in this game lmao

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've played Dragon's Dogma for several hours now and have very mixed feeling about it. On the plus side, the game can be incredibly fun in an open world, Dungeons and Dragons sort of way. But on the other hand, much of the systems in the game are incredibly poorly thought out. It was originally a PS3 game but these issues seem more like what you'd run into in an N64 game. The menus are terrible; why is there a separate menu for equipment and equipment in the inventory? You literally have to move inventory equipment to the equipment menu to equip it. There's no dodge button for the Dark Souls 1 like combat so if you don't have a shield you have to awkwardly move out of the way while battling a poorly thought out stamina system. The crafting system is also bad and really clashes with the over encumbrance system. You want to carry materials to craft but can carry so little weight. You have a party in combat but there's no fleeing option so your idiot companions keep fighting when you're running away and if they die you must run back and resurrect them or lose them. A lot of the game's a hot mess. Frankly FFXII (a PS2 game) did the whole party thing and everything DD does much better.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On the Switch, I've been playing through Persona 5 Royal - I played through Persona 5 (the base game) on the PS3, so I'm interested to see how things change for the Royal version. (I just finished the first palace)

On Steam, I've been playing Alan Wake. I think I'm about halfway through the game (I'm nearing the Anderson farm - I'm not sure if this is the point where there's a rock concert or not) I doubt anything will get as ridiculous as this bit from the sequel:

...but I'm enjoying the game so far, even if I feel like trying to find the collectibles that I miss in my first playthrough (manuscript pages won't be too bad, but coffee thermoses, hidden chests, radio shows, and TV shows don't have any indication of which specific ones you're missing) is going to be frustrating.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Kirby RTDL DX The extra mode to be percise!
The extra mode is pretty hard kirby is made from papermachee in that mode!
Im pretty sure they beefed up the dificulty from the original game to dx? i atleast dont remember thicc enemies and the great maxi tomato drought of 2024!

Other than that im playing a variety of casual fighters very zen!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing Half-Life 2 after a hiatus of over a decade. (the hovercraft controls were really slippery, but I came back to the game and persisted through that segment)

I managed to make it through Ravenholm while only using the Gravity Gun (since there's an achievement tied to that - it was fun to see what would or wouldn't work as a projectile to hurt the zombies or headcrabs), and I'm currently in a driving segment. (I just got the rocket launcher) Navigation can be a little annoying at times, but I'm enjoying it more now, and hopefully I'll beat it in the next week or so.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's good. It does a good job fitting the open world mold yet distinguishes itself enough from other games in the genre. There is a ton of content.

Top Bottom