• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What format do you think the Challenger Pack 6 reveal will take?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Yesterday, this thought crossed my mind, so I put a poll on r/smashbros. Options were "Mr. Sakurai Presents," "New Content Approaching," "Nintendo Direct," or something new.
Now, a little over 24 hours later, over 400 people have weighed in, with the vast majority picking the "Mr. Sakurai Presents" format.

I wanted to get some more input on this question, as I find it surprisingly interesting. What do you think?

J.C. VOX

Smash Rookie
Premium
NNID
J.C. VOX
Switch FC
SW-5792-0831-3802
I'm digging the 'Mr. Sakurai Presents' angle.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It all depends on if the reveal was delayed along with the would've been June direct. If not, it'd probably be something similar to "Mr. Sakurai presents Byleth", where it's a "Mr. Sakurai presents" with a fighter reveal at the beginning. If it was delayed, then I could see it being a trailer during a Direct.

Sakurai: Me! That's right, myself Masahiro Sakurai will be a playable fighter in the Pass as well as Reggie Fils-Aimé.
Is it bad that I would legit welcome that with open arms (no pun intended)?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh God, please no. It would be as bad as Gokû.
Please don't compared these legendary Nintendo heads to Goku and Shrek like their meme characters please. I think they're the exception to the 4th party fan rule if they're even considered 4th party if not 1st party. Without Miyamoto creating Super Mario Bros., the 1983 Video Game Crash would have completely destroyed the industry and we haven't one today. Without Iwata helping out on Gold/Silver's map and helping out on translating Pokemon for the rest of the world Pokemon would have become the giant media powerhouse it is today and probably would have died out a long time ago. These men deserve it even though it would be weird.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Please don't compared these legendary Nintendo heads to Goku and Shrek like their meme characters please. I think they're the exception to the 4th party fan rule if they're even considered 4th party if not 1st party. Without Miyamoto creating Super Mario Bros., the 1983 Video Game Crash would have completely destroyed the industry and we haven't one today. Without Iwata helping out on Gold/Silver's map and helping out on translating Pokemon for the rest of the world Pokemon would have become the giant media powerhouse it is today and probably would have died out a long time ago. These men deserve it even though it would be weird.
They're related to video games, yes. So is Gokû, who was in lots of video games, some of them really good. In both cases, they're not video games characters. If you want to represent a real person or a character from something else, Mii fighters exist exactly for that.

That being said, we're off-topic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They're related to video games, yes. So is Gokû, who was in lots of video games, some of them really good. In both cases, they're not video games characters. If you want to represent a real person or a character from something else, Mii fighters exist exactly for that.

That being said, we're off-topic.
But still, Miyamoto, Iwata, and Reggie are completely related to video games as as programers and CEOs while Goku is a sanime character who has had video games but is a manga character in origin.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
But still, Miyamoto, Iwata, and Reggie are completely related to video games as as programers and CEOs while Goku is a sanime character who has had video games but is a manga character in origin.
And Miyamoto, Iwata, and Reggie are real persons in origin.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I imagine with how Co-Vie has impacted Nintendo I imagine it'll be a live stream and not in a Direct.
Sakurai will probably still want to give us some news at least. Whether it be a 'Sakurai Presents' or a live stream similar to the Robin and Lucina reveal, I don't know

Top Bottom