• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What exactly makes Jigglypuff annoying to play against?

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
So Guys, I want to see what you people have to say about Jiggz being annoying.
I mean, when I play people (Including non-competitive) using Jiggz, they usually go -

"That pound is soo gay" or "Argghh frustrating!" or most commonly "your soo annoying!"

Then I ask "why?" and their like "I dunno. . ."

Is it because Jiggz can stay up in the air for really long? Maybe as a very air-mobile charater, it really gets in the opponents face? I really have no clue. . .

So Discuss,
I don't main Jiggz by the way.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well it's just when you play Samus, Roy, Mario or other characters who don't have many KO aerials nor combo for very long with their aerials it just forces you to play defensively and turn it into a poking war.

If you got like Marth, Ganon, or Fox, then happy day.

Honestly, a campy Fox is a lot more annoying.
Pewpew u-throw uair spam.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I've never really tried that laser>Uthrow>Uair spam and goodness me I main Fox too, sounds fun. But for Jiggz -
My guess is it's the fact that you can space so well, with Bair and it get's soo hard for your opponent to reach you. They have to jump first and then chase you in the air pretty quick. Considering the fact that Jiggz is quite fast in the air.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Lol, try it, it's good with Fox.

Fox just gives Jiggs a terrible time because if you just try to space, it makes it really hard for Jiggs to get in your space.

If she tries, she eats uthrows and u-airs, if she doesn't she eats lzrs.

It's a win-win situation for Fox.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I usually like to Bair spam Jiggs with Fox, then Wdashes to random shines and stuff. . .
Wait this is turning into a Fox discussion. Anyway back on topic, I really like that poke factor that Jiggz has Oh yeah and you can SHop Bair close to the ground while DI'ing away, now that's pretty annoying. Like a Falcon trying to grab ya, then you can SH>DI away then Bair and it'll reach him with some mad range.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Well let's see:

-Jiggs has to many hitboxes, especially the pound
-Uptilt to rest combo
-Wall of Pain (B-air spam?)
-Hard to gimp offstage (They don't even need meteor-cancel skills because they got 9000 jumps that they use to auto cancel meteor smashes)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well let's see:

-Jiggs has to many hitboxes, especially the pound
-Uptilt to rest combo
-Wall of Pain (B-air spam?)
-Hard to gimp offstage (They don't even need meteor-cancel skills because they got 9000 jumps that they use to auto cancel meteor smashes)
Lol, why do you care? You can just kobe her all dai, ur doc is sexy.

But yeh I hate it when they meteor cancel pretty much automatically.

D

Deleted member

Jiggz doesn't get comboed or edgeguarded.

Its like playing brawl.

with a rest

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
People just prefer to fight spacies in friendlies since:

most people find rests really frustrating, they just can't make mistakes (which you can't do against a good fox either, but that's hardly noticed)

You can do long combos on spacies/heavies

Floaties in general are "less fun" to fight than Puff. This goes for Peach too.

Falcons should stop complaining about it, because falcon can combo Peach/Puff/Samus the same as any other character.

Smash Master
Try to imagine what would be annoying about a Jiggs ditto and you'll have your answer.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs is really good at setting herself horizontal to her opponents, a position where she has the advantage against pretty much every character due to her insanely effective di in and out bairs.

Halloween

Smash Cadet
I'd say its because shes hard to combo. You'll get a couple hits off and she DIs away. She also lives to a pretty decent percent, and the rests tend to annoy people.

Top Bottom