• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What eactly IS Bowser, anyhow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Technically, is he a tortoise (land turtle) or a sea turtle?

He seems to mostly derive from a tortoise, especially since he mostly walks on land, but, unlike tortoises, he can swim, and very well at that, something that he would have to be a sea turtle to do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Somehow, I think Bowser is a turtle that has mutated into a demonic beast. Of course, he hasn't lost his personality during the mutation.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Well, he has feet, so I'll say he's more of a tortoise. But in reality, he's really just a bigger, more dangerous looking version of a regular koopa, which is a cartoon version of monster from japanese folklore.
True about the feet. I was going to note that.

...But wait...

What Japanese folklore monster? I never knew of this.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's a turtle dragon. You see them every now and then in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean artwork and statuary. They have clawed feet, can breath fire, they can swim, and some have spines on their shells. They're very strong. Their faces look like Bowser's, too. Some were even depicted as bipedal. Because of the countless similarities, I'm going to say that Bowser is a turtle dragon with a tendancy towards conquest.

Is that good enough?

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Bowser's face and limbs remind me of chinese dragon art.

The shell could be lifted from nature or other popular franchises.

And finally, in stance and girth, he sort of resembles a sumo fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom