• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What dog characters could be in Smash?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Boney's already in Smash. I didn't need him playable, just there for moral support. Ditto for Rush. There's Amaterasu from Okami. KK Slider and Parappa the Rapper would be good gets. Also that goofy dog in Mario Odyssey that shows up in the weirdest places with the weirdest hats.

But in general we need more quadrupeds in Smash.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The only one you need.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I mean, we got :ultfox:, :ultwolf:, & :ultduckhunt:.

There’s also technically :ultlucario: so for dog-like Pokemon there could be Lycranroc or Arcanine.

Otherwise, I guess there’s Isabelle.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Square's next rep, Red XIII!

He's kind of a dog... or a wolf... maybe a cat.

OR, the third party character that everyone has been demanding ...
MAX from MDK!

... why do I get the feeling nobody here knows who that is?

General Pepper from Starfox?

Fay from Starfox 2

There's also a bunch of dogs from Animal crossing like Isabelle, K.K. Slider, and Digby, but I'm not going to put up pictures of all them.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Foxes actually aren't canines or even canine compatible unlike Wolves so I'm not gonna count Fox McCloud, Tails or Delphox

Wolves definitely are though, so Wolf, Duck Hunt Dog and MAYBE Lucario are the current canines. My smart money for a dog newcomer would be on Isabelle seeing as she's the one of most note, but maybe her twin brother could also make it as an alt or something.

Wolf Link, Rusty, Lycanroc, Poochy(Not really a dog, but acts like one), Arcanine, Chain Chomp(see Poochy) and K.K. Slider are the other ones from the top of my head but I think they're all very unlikely.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Clifford, he's too big but if they scaled down Ridley they can do the same for the big red dog.
9780590341257_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Why would you want MAMMALS when Smash doesn't even has a single INSECT fighter yet????????

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Not too many insect game mascots, let alone popular ones. I mean, you don't really see folks clamor for Buck Bumble, Tempo or even Bug.
Anybody remember an old game for the PC called Bugdom? I remember it coming with my Strawberry iMac. The possibility of an insect mascot just reminded me of that :)

Most likely new dog is gonna be Isabelle based on the rumors we're hearing. Nintendo did make some Snoopy Game and Watch games though ;)

osby

Smash Obsessed
By the way, I want a cat, we don't have one yet. (And, no, it can't be Meowth)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I just want to have Poochy in the game somehow to give Yoshi a little more representation. Not necessarily as a fighter, Assist Trophy role would be plenty enough for me. I'm honestly a little surprised that he isn't yet.
Fighter-wise I don't really see many dogs up for the task, other than maybe Isabelle who I think is perfect for the Assist Trophy role (because come on, she's an ASSISTANT, assisting is what she does!!).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isabelle easily (we have the non-playable Nintendogs, then the playable :ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultlucario::ultwolf: all representing the canine family, so adding Isabelle will make them more powerful)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Isabelle is the only real option they have since Duck Hunt is already in.

K. K. Slider isn't very likely at all, and all other dogs really have no chance even for consideration.

If you want to stretch what counts as a dog, then Amaterasu and Lycanrock could count.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
There are plenty of dog like Pokemon. Hondour, Houndoom, The Eeveelutions, the Legendary Dogs, Absol, Lycanroc, Lillipup's evo line, Shinx, Luxray, et al.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yes they are.
No, they're Vulpinis.

Hence why foxes can't breed with dogs but wolves can. The species are not compatible.

Edit: They are all under the Canidae family, but foxes aren't classed under the canini subsection which encompasses what we know as 'dogs'.

Example; It's like saying Donkey Kong is a human because we're both under the primate banner.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Poochy is best dog.
He's such a cute doggo. :3 Mick from EarthBound Beginnings could be put in the game, but he's never really shown any feats, so maybe not. If he was in the game, I could King from EarthBound and Boney from Mother 3 being a palette swaps for him.

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
and

The animal crossing police dogs, Copper and Booker, as an assist trophy!

Top Bottom