• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does your SB name mean?

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
My smash name is Tuba.

It is the instrument I play.

My friends get a kick out of it when I play ZSS as "Tuba".

Although someone (can't really remember who, sorry) thought it was a play on the word Finesse.. :D
Guilty.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Alex X is the name of one of my characters. Specifically, the one I usually use to represent me.

Note that the "X" is not an abbreviation for anything, it is the full last name.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Fire=Fireflower Powerup
Mario= My fav. video game char.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
i used to start beating on my cousins when i was very little.. they called me a leech because i wouldn't stop and they wernt able to get them off of me.. so i liked that name and i just thought of it after like 13 years of never using it.

Alunios

Smash Cadet
Alunios (Alunios Darkglow <-- Full name) is a Drow Sorcerer I made while I was playing D&D. He was freakin' powerful. Too bad it is in standby for now :(

Psychoace

Smash Champion
My name...

...Well, ever played Fire Emblem?
"Naglfar, in Norse mythology, is described in the Prose Edda as a ship made entirely from the fingernails and toenails of the dead. During Ragnarök, Naglfar will be freed from the land and sailed to Vígríðr, the battlefield, by Hrym along with an army of jötunn. The ship will lead hordes against the gods in the last war at the end of time, before a new world will arise from the sea."

That's what I think when I hear Naglfar, or the Swedish black metal band.

My name was orginally Ace when I was little, but I soon realized it was overused and stupid so I added a bit of flare to it seeing as everyone called me psycho anyway. It has more meaning to it than that but that's all I care to share.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
"Naglfar, in Norse mythology, is described in the Prose Edda as a ship made entirely from the fingernails and toenails of the dead. During Ragnarök, Naglfar will be freed from the land and sailed to Vígríðr, the battlefield, by Hrym along with an army of jötunn. The ship will lead hordes against the gods in the last war at the end of time, before a new world will arise from the sea."

That's what I think when I hear Naglfar, or the Swedish black metal band.

My name was orginally Ace when I was little, but I soon realized it was overused and stupid so I added a bit of flare to it seeing as everyone called me psycho anyway. It has more meaning to it than that but that's all I care to share.
I lol'd.

/10pokemonmysterydungeonthrowingitems

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Well, it was my soulseek username and I just decided to transfer it over to Smash.

Doesn't really have any hidden meaning, or anything...

I love cats (mine) and my old cat used to fight raccoons outside - lol.
Pretty badass, imo.

MaxThunder

PM Support
uhm... i came up whith the name Max for the pokemon siver game and started to use that... and i was going to play a online game( cant remember what it was called) once where you had to choose a last name too so i got the name Max Thunder... cause i use lightning pokemon... and i kinda got lazy and skipped the space...

rhan

Smash Hero
Well mine comes from being a diehard young link fan.

Oh how i miss him...
Real > Fake

Play Melee. The legend never dies.

Anyway, my smashboard name came from my name. Turhan. Just the T and U are taken out. Most people call me by my nick/street name anyway. It sounds like Ron, just spelled differently.

JewieBud

Smash Cadet
i somehow earned the nickname "the jew" for a period of time(no i`m not jewish). After a while people just startd callin me jewiebud (i looooove budweiser)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Uhh... Oh yeah, I remember. So when I first got an account here I used Ike and Snake and wanted to combine them somehow, so I took solid from Solid Snake, and added Ike with the and in between and got ike is solid! Hate the name now though, I wish it was Marth&Watch, MetaMarth, or R.O.Marth.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
I've always been known as Liquid in the gaming world since i played MGS1. Used for many games including CS:Source (my main game)

Quality game. Quality Name.

and errrr,
V i c e says HAIIIII.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
The username 'Mac' was taken. >_>;

[/pointlessspam]

Well, the name Mac kinda comes from the snorboard game SSX (I am a huge fan of the series, and consider myself a pro at all four of the Playstation 2 titles) and Matrix..? Well, guess! ^^;

There's really nothing else to it. I'm incredibly unoriginal.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
mines Smash Erk which is the name of the game plus my nickname. and its also Smasher K which doesnt really have a meaning but i just found that... and 808 is just a cool number

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
^wooties for Counter-strike!

My name comes from an old video game that most people have never heard of... yeah right.

Also, my initials in real life actually are DK lol so there's some people that found that out and instantly dubbed me DK for eternity.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well the "blu" part came from 2 things. One, from Team Fortress 2, the Blu Team. And 2, my favorite Link color is blue. And the "link" part came from my main in both Melee and Brawl. I was too lazy to put the B and L in caps so the name just stuck from there.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I was playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and I saw a character with the name "Sothe". The very beginning, all the characters SUCK...except him, who saved me through half of the game. Just because of that, he became my favorite character, and I chose his name. The 700k part is from when I screwed up saying "Yeah, when I first beat Six on expert (Guitar Hero 2), I got 700k!" when I meant to say "70k" >_>

Just took the two and combined.
Some say it sounds Egyptian, and that makes me like my name more =D

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
When I was younger, in elementary, I needed a SN, so I asked my friend, and he said stoopdklutz, then I spelled it funny, and it stuck. Lately it's been shortened to stoop. Neither of those words describe me, though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sasuke (favorite anime charecter)
+
Bowser (beastly charecter in Melee)
>_>

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
Really has nothing to do with the super smash bros. series, why I have this name, I just took a word I found cool to hear, Psycho, and end it with something, and Knight had a ring to me I guess.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.

In melee, I mained Falco, an Arwing pilot and Vyse was a sky pirate in SoA, so they kinda had something in common.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I love Earthbound and I main Ness (PK) and my name is Skyler

PKSkyler

Kinda sounds like a PK move, doesnt it? Like you can imagine Ness yelling "PKSkyler!" and then like something happens. Idk

Top Bottom