• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does being a "technical" falco mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Technical just means they can do all the technical things..... that they have great control over their character and all aspects of that character. Technical isn't really a style of play. Sure if you have more technique it gives you more options.....more options which can lead to more mindgames.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hylian: Sure lol.

Invertigo: Yeah your right Samus is a pretty fast character, its just some of her moves aren't that fast. I like using Samus she's a pretty fun character.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
What does being technical mean? I think it's like this: A technical player is one who gets destroyed until he catches his opponent with some attack/pattern, at which point he destroys very efficiently. A "mindgame" emphasis would entail a more defensive (inasmuch as a good Falco is ever defensive) style which results in slower, more even damage over time, as opposed to the sudden spikes (pun intended) in damage from a technical, aggressive style. You might also be able to make a case for "technical" relying on more preset combo patterns, as opposed to the "mindgames" which involve a more fluid, contextual approach.

In this sense, "technical" is a description of a playstyle, and not general proficiency; this is necessary to compare it to "mindgame-y."

mathos

Smash Champion
I believe the definiation of technical falco player is being able to perform all of advanced tactics with nearly no mistakes at least compared to the vast majority of the other competitors.

However the connotation of technical is a synergy of "definitive technicality" and aggressive play style.

Many players are definitively technical but a more specificed few are connotatively technical.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe the definiation of technical falco player is being able to perform all of advanced tactics with nearly no mistakes at least compared to the vast majority of the other competitors.

However the connotation of technical is a synergy of "definitive technicality" and aggressive play style.

Many players are definitively technical but a more specificed few are connotatively technical.
qtf. This is kind of what I said a while back but mathos explained it so much better than I did.

It's silly not to call PC technical. It's silly not to call Forward technical. Any good falco is technical; there really isn't much more to it than that.

But like mathos said, there can be something beyond than the word technical as he put it "definitive technicality", in which, IMO, BS and shiz possess.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wow.. this is funnier than the ChozenOne - Magus fights... Why is DaShizWiz a beast?!?!! $1,000,000x^2 on Shiz on the ditto

Thanks, I'm glad you think I could win. I would like to MM him. But people that know him and know how good he is like B-will disagree, and then they flame me for someone else saying I could beat Forward. I appreciate it man, but I don't want people to flame me for something someone else says. So if anyone has any derogatory statements against me from posts like this, don't talk to me about it. Tell the person that has this opinion. I'm getting tired of peoples **** flaming me for something I don't say.

I hope you aren't referring to Shiz vs Forward because if you are then wow...

But then again, you are a noob to the site so I don't blame you.

This is what I mean, but he isn't really flaming me. Other people that are nubs and don't know what they're saying would flame me.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha yeah Shiz samus's attacks arn't that fast compared to falco but Trying to SHFFMC is harder then anything Falco can possible do XD.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
hylian youre fighting a losing battle.

the only thing samus can do thats harder is something dumb like SWD. shffmc is easy to any falco player.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What's so hard about it? You have to do it frame perfect just like Infinite JC shines...I have a hard time to believe you do it all the time..I have never even heard of you playing samus. So you can Short Hop Fast Fall Missle Cancel perfectly? It's much harder then say SWDing >_>..I would be amazed if you could do more then 3 in a row...

Whoa Whoa go try to SHFFMC right now..its harder then it sounds. I can preform every technique with falco and it doesn't make it any easier..I can SWD 10 times in a row..I have done it before in tourny...SHFFMC is much harder...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't say MC..that is incredibly easy...I said SHFFMC..which isn't easy at all..its easy if you don't sh..or don't MC..but doing right all together is very hard..try it. Short hop. Then Fast Fall. Then try to Missle Cancel.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
you know thats what i meant, why would i change the subject? -_-

edit: nm you win hylian, that is harder than swd haha. but suprisingly i can swd alot more often now O_O. did you try it shiz?

mathos

Smash Champion
Just to be a *******, with SHFFMC there is actually 4 frames for you to mess up. Which is A LOT technically harder than ANYTHING Falco can do.

So if someone were actually able to perform this without flaw repeatably there would be numerous more options open to Samus that have yet to be unlocked.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo Shiz, I apologize if you took any offense to what I said, although you said that you didn't. I wasn't trying to say that you were bad, because you are pretty damn good; I was just trying to say that forward is just too good at the game. He has experience that you or I don't have and I think that goes a long way.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Don't worry about it B-will. Its cool. It's mainly to those people out there that will start *****ing at me for something I didn't even say. I mean what you said isn't really flaming me. Something I would consider flaming is something like this *Example*, Oh Forward is way too good at this game, he would **** the **** out of you. Your Falco is just technical, its not smart at all. And you got ***** by (Insert random person) at FC or something that was like a year ago. So I'm going to assume your not good at all, and I'm going to flame you.

And then when I see a post like this when I come to the computer, I'm like lol? What did I say? And then I scroll down, *So and so said I could beat Forward/PC/whoever*. Then I'm like oh, wow lol.

Don't get me wrong TheLegend, I'm glad you think I'm a good falco. But I just don't want to get flamed for someone elses opinion.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
lol ive been trying the shffmc all day and i think i got it down pretty well. but it doesnt seem that useful compared to the double missile and other missile tricks.

mathos

Smash Champion
Invertigo SHFFMC is the same as SHL, just to a lesser extent. Its a totally different strategy and mindgame compared to double missiles. Thats like saying full jump double laser is far superior than SHL.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
i know im just saying thats way too hard for its usefulness haha. cant hurt to learn though. since this thread has somehow become about technical samus, are there any other moves out there that are ridiculously hard?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks Mathos for backing me up on the SHFFMC thing..most people don't understand how hard it is until they try it..everything falco can do is a joke compared to that lol..The most I have ever done it in a row is 5 and that was after hours of practice :(.

Other hard Samus techniques? Try double missling and the fast falling the second missle. Very hard. SWD can be considered hard..but it really isn't for me >_>...um...samus has some insane bomb tricks that you can do with the edge..infinite grapple dropping..which is running of the side and laying a bomb immediatly and DIing so that you land back on the stage then running off and airdodge grapple straight down and the bomb will pop you up immediatly makeing your grapple go in and out very fast stopping like any UP B and then walljump and lay a bomb and repeat the process >_>

mathos

Smash Champion
All target tests and homerun contests are pure technical skill. However many of those competitors lack mindgames to actually fight well, save the best gamefaqer JoeBushman111.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No way best GameFAQer is Isia...or Malva00..Next to him its KM.

Cort

Apple Head
I think we're talking about overall Stadium at GameFAQs and vs mode here on SWF.

I'm not sure why you'd go to GameFAQs for any other reasons other than stadium >_>

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
who cares about target test? what a waste of time. everyone can do all that stuff, just not memorized in that order cuz theres no point to it.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
LOL i was reading the first few pages and i just HAD to post..

All being technical is, is to know all the falco combos and do them fluidly. I can't see how people are saying pro falcos like forward and pc arent technical.. how would they be pro then??

and to people saying that technical is being aggressive, i saw this match between the two and its like they dont stop moving ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3McfSkRaQ8

mathos

Smash Champion
You silly folk, Isai (and Cort) are smashboardians. The miracle that is JoeBushman111 does not attend this site because Gamefaqs is far superior. JoeBushman111 has no name or place here.

But yes speaking of the avereage between Stadium events + actual competitive prowess I believe JoeBushman has everyone beat.

Invertigo: TT or HRC is one of the most challenging things to ever do. Its a lot harder to get a frame by frame perfect time than it is to beat your little sister for personal pride. TT and HRC players are just as talented and deserve applause for their achievements.

Cort

Apple Head
I'd agree if Joe actually played every characters target test and home run contest, cause he'd be scary good. This is all just a pathetic attempt at making him do so.

In conclusion, I'm still more well rounded in all of stadium/vs than Joe is. >_>

Also, I'm originally a GameFAQer, and will always be one at heart. I still post there randomly all the time.

I'm still waiting for Shiz to beat marth1's Falco time so I can consider him a technical Falco.

Cause right now I just consider him a dumb Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom