• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"What does '10char' mean?" A Noob board FAQ (Added troubleshooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Thnks for addn stuff, i was away, i guess i should fix mudkips, i really didn't know it's history, and i never thought about the "we can't make fun of them anymore idea":( but, i have no time to ponder such questions, cause i got too much homework, and its 9:00, i'll work tomarrow.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
your answer to "The difference between spikes and meteor smashes" is wrong.
A meteor smash is a move that can be cancelled by pressing Up-B. There are certain moves that are classified meteors, and they are all very obvious. C.Falcs dair, ganon's dair, Mario's fair, etc.

A spike is a normal move with a hitbox that sends an opponent downward. Since it is a normal move, and has normal hitstun and knockback, it cannot be cancelled, only teched. That is why spikes generally kill more, because you cannot cancel them. Examples are Falco's dair, Kirby's dair, and yoshi's dair.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
But if you explain all of this, we won't be able to make fun of people for not understanding it. :[
This sucks, i reeeaaaly never thought about that, but i will. dang... :urg:

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Actually, that could be one. In fact, most of the chan memes could be on this list, like

a cat is fine too
an hero
barrel roll
copypasta
do not want/do want
lolcats
goofy time
how do i shot web
mudkips
pedobear
pool's closed
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
za warudo
sauce
weeaboo
chocolate rain
anything with cd-i link

There are so many others.
will do, but i was thinking more brawl/nintendo created...
i'll add these... later

ITT=Can also mean "I think that"

also

AT usually means Advanced technique not Assist Trophy. But it's all in the context.
Nice catch, ill fix it later, also, did i mention at as assist trophy, cause all day i thought to all the explanation to at, ill add that later too

Add "You don't have time to ponder such questions"

Stop trying to explain "I herd u liek mudkips", and it doesn't originate from that stupid video, it's from 4chan.
yes ill add that and i just give up on the mudkips thing...

where is "thats what she said" and "up until now"
ill add, but maybe up until now first at least...
ill do these maybe at 4:00 eastern or that night

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
You should do "I'M CHARGIN MAH LAZER!"

I heard that somewhere.
same thing as shoop the whoop, but i'll add a entry anyway explaining that.

your answer to "The difference between spikes and meteor smashes" is wrong.
A meteor smash is a move that can be cancelled by pressing Up-B. There are certain moves that are classified meteors, and they are all very obvious. C.Falcs dair, ganon's dair, Mario's fair, etc.

A spike is a normal move with a hitbox that sends an opponent downward. Since it is a normal move, and has normal hitstun and knockback, it cannot be cancelled, only teched. That is why spikes generally kill more, because you cannot cancel them. Examples are Falco's dair, Kirby's dair, and yoshi's dair.
I thought i made the difference clear enough, and yes spikes cannot be cancelled out of, but a double jump will meteor cancel, i still don't EXACTLY know every difference, like why spikes can't be canceled, oh well

Darkurai

Smash Master
No, don't look up mudkips. It involves trying to have sex with a plushie.

Here's the story. This is honestly and truthfully where the meme originates. It was posted on 4chan, except without the censored words.

One day on Halloween, I decided to f*ck with the major ****** at school when I came out of science for break. He was dressed as Ash. Knowing this was going to happen, I brought a Mudkips doll. Thus I started the conversation, making sure no one saw me.

"So I heard you like Mudkips..."

"Mudkips? I LUUUUUUUUUUUURVE MUDKIPS."

"O RLY? So, would you ever f*ck a Mudkips, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a Mudkips') "OF COURSE."

"Well I just happen to have a Mudkips here, and."

Before I finished the sentence, which would have resulted in me hitting him across the face with the doll, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violently humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mudkips, I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mudkips.

Needless to say, within 5 to 10 seconds, some girls saw him and started screaming. I cooly walked into a restroom, pretending nothing had ever happened; not that I had intended that outcome, but now that it was in play I didn't want to be involved.

I came back two minutes later, and like any wanton act on school grounds there was now a huge crowd round him. He was still f*cking it and baying this real f*cked up 'EEEEEEEEEEINNNNF EEEEEEEEEEINNNF' sound. Suddenly a scuffle broke out in the middle, meaning he probably did something stupid.

I asked someone what had happened. A girlfriend of one of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the sh*t out of the guy. Meanwhile the school police were freaking out and having trouble getting in to the situation.

A few minutes later the intruder alarm went off and we were shuffled into classrooms. Over the intercom the principal announced that someone had thrown a flaming plush toy into the library. Uh.. what the hell.

So we were kept there and about 30 minutes later the principal came on again. This time he was saying that whoever was behind the beating should turn themselves in. All of a sudden this woman began yelling "I WILL SUE YOU FOR DAMAGES. YOU LITTLE PUNKS, I'M GONNA SUE..." and it was cut off.

I asked an office later what had happened. Apparently his mother had come to pick him up and threatened to sue for the beating and 'whatever else happened.' The school threatened to counter-sue because of lewd conduct, inciting a riot, and starting a fight.

So I ask you: Do you like Mudkips?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
strange story, but i still don't see how it fits into the saying, which seems at random, or even that "mudkips madness" video with hours of mudkips saying "mud"... "kip" ???
Though i may add some of the story to the entry.

If someone could answer that, it would be good, especially, with the info on how the phrase is used (example, "Tires Don Exits=Tiers Don't Exist, a belief that anyone can make a character good enough to compete with higher tier characters")

The meme "so i herd u liek mudkipz" was made when people on 4chan began to repeat the first line of dialogue in the story, "So I heard you like mudkips." It became a huge classic meme on 4chan, and eventually across the entire internet. That's how the youtube video was inspired.

EDIT: The phrase isn't used in any specific context, it's completely random and usually, when used, completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Sorry for the double post, but I feel I should say:

The phrase is not "I heard you like mudkips." It is "so i herd u liek mudkipz".

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I can't find out what "KTHXBA", or what ever it is, means, if it is related enough, and i know what it means, then it will be posted, so if anyone knows...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
One thing. The Pokémon Mudkip is how the name is spelt. Mudkips comes from the fact that the 4chan meme was referring to the plural form of the Pokémon (which would actually be Mudkip, sorta like Sheep). Not a big deal really. I've just seen that mistake far too often.

Also the Meme "F*CK YEAH SEAKING!" comes to mind. It's not used all that often on Brawl forums.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Why stop there?

Why not make it a QUINTUPLE POST?
sorry, it's my habit to answer only one thing in one post, it was not accidental, mostly it's easier to hit "reply", respond to the question or comment, hit send, and do it again, than quote, copy, quote, copy... I'll be nice and do the right thing for this post

One thing. The Pokémon Mudkip is how the name is spelt. Mudkips comes from the fact that the 4chan meme was referring to the plural form of the Pokémon (which would actually be Mudkip, sorta like Sheep). Not a big deal really. I've just seen that mistake far too often.

Also the Meme "F*CK YEAH SEAKING!" comes to mind. It's not used all that often on Brawl forums.
fine i'll fix it, and yeeeaaah, i'm not going through the trouble for another random meme.

A question that doe not apply to me but I have seen it come up.

"Why can't I put pictures in my sig?"
These are people who know how to post pictures, but for some reason can't sig them.
FINALLY, a non-what does this mean? question, answer coming up!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
****, a double post :mad:

to be environmentally friendly, I am editing this post to save the thread trees from being cut down by not wasting posts (JK). Anyway, I added the Troubleshooting for pictures, which might become a troubleshooting section with enough work, requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom