• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you use for pillaring?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
This is just a topic I made out of curiosity.

Do you pillar/shine combo with or without the c-stick? (Two separate answers >=D)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i don't use the c-stick that much mostly for down smashes and occasionaly when im not thinkin about it obviously the c-stick for forward smashes.
so i don't use the c-stick for pillaring

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
I don't use the c-stick for pillaring/shine combos
I use a which probably makes it harder but I'm just used to it

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I'm not about short-cut ways. I usually only use c-stick for SHFFL'd Uair. So, that's a no for me.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I use the C-stick for just about everything that the C-stick can be used for. All my aerials and smashes. Makes shine comboing so much easier, makes shine-bairs a heck of a lot easier too. It speeds up my Falco game a lot, I tried using the A button for shine combos, It made me a lot slower and I could never dair without fast falling <_<. I like the precision that comes with the C-stick, being able to control yourself in the air, and being able to attack without worrying about how it might affect the way you move.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
I just C-Stick for uair. I ground hop with Y, and when I'm continuing combos from the air, I switch from air, to control stick jumping, because it's faster somehow.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I use the cstick for most aerials, unless it's something like ledgehopped bair, etc. That, and smashes.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
For aerials i do for coming out asap from the ground, i use z (i.e. early pillar - see thread on pillaring). Else, i use the cstick, so i FF the frame the dair hits.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I only don't use the c-stick becaue my thumb isn't fast enough to get all the way down there and hit it and then come all they way back up to hit the B for the shine more than once. I can't maintain that pattern with the c-stick yet.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I always use the C-stick for pillaring and for shine combos and for more stuff like shine>bair for example

Repryx

Smash Champion
For Pillaring I use A...SOMETIMES I use the C-stick for uairs but Its just not comfortable for me and both ways have the same control and speed so I just use A

Repryx

Smash Champion
whoa dude, that's impressive! I've been working on c sticking my nairs for a while now, and can't quite get it down. Good ****.
But Scotu YOur supposed to be Most technical and you cant do that? Its Elementary my friend....Even Noobs can Nair w/ the c-stick...

JKJ

Smash Ace
I use the c-stick for everything possible. I even charge smashes with that motherf**ker by pressing Z simultaneously.

slamjunk

Smash Rookie
I may be wrong, but I believe using C-stick for everything increases your skill ceiling as opposed to using it only under certain conditions.
I feel like using the C-stick increases your move/input ratio. The more I can do for less, I will. In my mind, I line up the timings of my moves in advance, so the less buttons I need to press, the faster my timings can be lined up and executed.

Answer:
I use c-stick
For everything

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I never use the c-stick for pillaring as falco i only use the c-stick for smash attacks same for shine back air

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
C-stick all the way. Also, pillaring shields is not safe. Multishine and shine-grab mixups are the way to go.

Top Bottom