• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think Link's best B attack is?

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
The b attacks are very useful but which do you think is the best

up B the spin attack useful for power and saving yourself.

B the bow good for long-range attacks

left or right B the boomerang can hit foes and reel them in

down B the bombs powerful but dangerous

D

Deleted member

up B the spin attack useful for power and saving yourself.
i lol'd, the up b is a decent kill move but other than that its worthless

his bombs are like his only useful b move

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Definitely Link's bombs. It opens a lot of options.

I won't say the Up-b is worthless, but's definitely nowhere near as good as it was in Melee. Like what Archive said, it's a decent/unexpected kill move.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Bombs. I use them more for deception. They can actually kill in this game I have noticed, where in Melee I just used them for damage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The boomerang is great, a lot of times it saves me from getting hit with s smash or such. I also SH arrows to stop approaches against characters that are hard to hit with zair(Jiggly, Kirby, MK). Overall though, bombs are easily his best special move, opens up a plethora of mind games and can save you from being chaingrabbed to 50%.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Bombs, as holding them can stop you getting chain-grabbed. It's still possible to do a bomb jump right?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'd say boomerang. I makes for great set ups for jab locks lol. Or bombs. They can be used in so many ways lol.

RawrBoom

Smash Rookie
So far, there's no way to bomb jump. Anyways, I would say the boomerang since I use it the most. Took me a while to adjust from the melee boomerang to the gale boomerang though. Plus, if used correctly, you can control your opponent better than you can with bombs.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'd surely say the bomb (unless it's an earthbounder, then it's the boomerange but everyone else is bombs for sure) I usually use it to bait them into a smash (they airdodge the bomb and I'm doing the link Usmash slidey thing...don't know the exact term) and yeah it's saved my recovery messed up kill moves by changing my direction midway to the blast zone messed up chain grabs. They can do anything pretty much =D

Also, just throwing this out there but I think the bombs might be my favorite move in the game of any character (next to ganon's sparta kick of course)

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Link's bombs. It opens a lot of options.

I won't say the Up-b is worthless, but's definitely nowhere near as good as it was in Melee. Like what Archive said, it's a decent/unexpected kill move.
Yay someone added one of my comments to their sigs!!! ZOMG!

Anyways-
1) Bombs
2) Gale boomerang (close to bombs for use)
3) Arrows (suprisingly buffed from melee-> brawl and Link's Hero Bow looks awesome { thats right pit, Link's bow is cooler imo})
4) Spin attack can be a suprisingly good kill move and comes out fast and on both sides

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Bombs, as holding them can stop you getting chain-grabbed. It's still possible to do a bomb jump right?
it is... but its more difficult to do it intentionaly in brawl...

Top Bottom