• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think is the most annoying thing people do on for glory besides spamming?T

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Taunt excessively after I sd.
Or when I destroy them, they switch to Little Mac. Which is another good win, but it's still annoying.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
They are losing badly in terms of percentages, but the two of you have equal stock. They decide to stall out the match for Sudden Death even though they would just automatically lose in a tournament setting. It is annoying how the person who is winning is under pressure to kill the person who is currently losing or else lose the advantage entirely.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Projectile spam is by far the most annoying thing for me. It's the most boring thing in any match, and I don't know how anyone can find it "fun" to projectile spam. Whenever I play a character with a spammable projectile like Pikachu, I always avoid spamming it in the neutral game, because it's very anti-competitive and boring.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
When I go to SD because I forget to set up my custom controls when I first come in (because it resets each time you re-enter one-on-one), and the opponent either decides to leave or just keep SDing on the next few consecutive matches just to taunt you, either that or switch from a high to low tier character to sandbag.....What?
Another thing is if they're in death percent and either run away the entire match or stall. I had a Mario at 190% who was a stock ahead of me by the last minute of the game, and he spent the whole time avoiding me until the match ended, which stuff like that tends to make competitive play look bad. They really need to make matches more than 5 minutes. =/

Last edited:

Grimmjow

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrUpload
3DS FC
4511-1387-0072
Besides spamming i would say landing a lucky punch after they get back to the stage with 150% -.-

Tali_Zorha

Smash Rookie
Spamming and playing as the same character over and over again.
the second one ain't so bad (hell makes it easier for me) but i do like variety.

nerrof

Smash Rookie
People who specifically play to annoy, and not necessarily to win. Spamming and constantly rolling have already been mentioned numerous times. I usually punish it, but it can turn a 1 minute match into a 4 minute one. Another example are Villagers who constantly try to stall by going under the stage, constantly grabbing the ledge, etc. Yes, I know you don't get ledge invincibility if you grab the ledge twice, but since Villager can recover from basically anywhere he'll drop off when you approach, go for a counter-gimp if you try to gimp him, and make it back. Very satisfying when you do finally gimp them though.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
The most annoying thing on FG other then spammers are :4lucario:. I mean he's broken as all hell I hate fighting lucarios just because they can kill super early (at 100% or higher) and well....... spam aura sphere.

This might just be me but I feel there's more input lag on the wiiU version.

Last edited:

Jasku

Smash Apprentice
When I'm playing a match in For Glory, I finish, go for a second match, and then find he/she just changed to my own character. I feel like he/she is trying to ''teach me how to use my character''.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
When I'm playing a match in For Glory, I finish, go for a second match, and then find he/she just changed to my own character. I feel like he/she is trying to ''teach me how to use my character''.
I change to the character my opponent was just using, but usually only if the character is my main. Often this does actually teach them something about how to play.

link2702

Smash Champion
picking rosalina, yoshi, or shiek immediately after a loss. Yes these characters are high tier in smash4, no you can't just pick em up and pwn like you could metaknight in brawl. picking them often causes them to lose even harder to me than if they stuck with their original character.

Jasku

Smash Apprentice
I hate fighting Lucarios, Links, Villagers and people wh like to make the match reaaaaaally loooong.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
This. I feel like they do this too so they can show how my character is "easy mode". Fortunately, I'm good enough with my characters that I usually win, thus shutting them up and forcing them to switch characters. A notorious example is when this girl played two other characters before playing my color RosaLuma to just get 2 stocked. Proceed to her immediately leaving.

RIP_Lucas

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind spam, or taunting, or little mac. What gets me is win quitting. I usually lead with random, and if they get a lucky win out I fight somebody really good with sheik or rosalina or something I get destroyed. I would usually switch to my main (lucario, cuz that counter is boss), but they always quit as if I'm a noob. Makes me mad, we play best out of three here for a reason

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Basically anything that indicates that winning by any means is more important than actually fighting to them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Relying on Mac or a top tier next match after you beat them. It often shows desperation in my eyes.

RIP_Lucas

Smash Apprentice
Relying on Mac or a top tier next match after you beat them. It often shows desperation in my eyes.
So, you'd rather they lead with a top tier?

Really, I get your point, if you get your butt handed to you by a Luigi or something, and then switch to a sheik just to preserve your pride, you deserve no respect, but there's people like me. I was a sonic and lucario main in brawl, and those are the only two I'm really good with. I am trying to give every character at least 2 hours of online play before I pick a main for smash 4, but when somebody just destroys me with captain falcon or sheik because I was testing olimar, you can bet I'm switching to a high tier character

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Switching to Little Mac is annoying (albeit very fun to beat up), but the worst thing possible is probably when someone doesn't stop ROLLING! Ugh... It gets very annoying when an opponent continuously rolls, so much so that not a single attack hits them, and yet the somehow hit all their attack... -_-

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So, you'd rather they lead with a top tier?

Really, I get your point, if you get your butt handed to you by a Luigi or something, and then switch to a sheik just to preserve your pride, you deserve no respect, but there's people like me. I was a sonic and lucario main in brawl, and those are the only two I'm really good with. I am trying to give every character at least 2 hours of online play before I pick a main for smash 4, but when somebody just destroys me with captain falcon or sheik because I was testing olimar, you can bet I'm switching to a high tier character
I hate top tier dependency altogether, though I know there's very few that actually like the character, and I respect that. Unfortunately my extensive hatred for some of the characters just occasionally blinds my sight of that, While everyone is different, I just wish there was greater diversity than just the "higher ups" if you will. For me, I was a Pit/Bowser main in Brawl, and I enjoyed using them for all the 6 years. Now I'm a Pit/Palutena main in Smash 4 and still like my decisions... despite Pit being a bit different.
Still, it's painful being in my position, but I prefer to be this way than be the majority going to the higher ups just because of how good they are.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I hate top tier dependency altogether, though I know there's very few that actually like the character, and I respect that. Unfortunately my extensive hatred for some of the characters just occasionally blinds my sight of that, While everyone is different, I just wish there was greater diversity than just the "higher ups" if you will. For me, I was a Pit/Bowser main in Brawl, and I enjoyed using them for all the 6 years. Now I'm a Pit/Palutena main in Smash 4 and still like my decisions... despite Pit being a bit different.
Still, it's painful being in my position, but I prefer to be this way than be the majority going to the higher ups just because of how good they are.
I'm the same way; I play the characters that I enjoy as a character, not because of their position on a tier list. (which is why I main Yoshi in Melee, the Smash that I play most.) I have Captain Falcon as my secondary because he's extremely fun to play.

But yeah, I get pretty miffed when people start stalling the clock to try and force a Sudden Death. I can understand slightly if the clock runs out just because we were living a long time (still can get irritating at how hard it can be to kill online), but purposefully running away and stalling for the one-lucky-hit Sudden Death is just cowardice at its finest. It makes it worse if they were a projectile spammer.

Last edited:

Zanestat

Smash Rookie
I don't mind spam, or taunting, or little mac. What gets me is win quitting. I usually lead with random, and if they get a lucky win out I fight somebody really good with sheik or rosalina or something I get destroyed. I would usually switch to my main (lucario, cuz that counter is boss), but they always quit as if I'm a noob. Makes me mad, we play best out of three here for a reason
In defense of people who do that (I am one of them), there are many reasons people can do that. I am saying this from my point of view, so bear with me... You can just be outright boring to fight, if it goes to Sudden death or it is just a very boring match, I will outright quit after I win. Another thing is people have stuff to do, I am doing college and in highschool, so I will always play online if I can because offline does get boring, and if I have to leave I am not going to play more than one match. At least for me there have been many cases where I am already late because of the match, so another would just make it worse. The final thing is FG is casual, there is no rule saying I have to play you twice, if you want to bring out your main how about play him first instead, and get a feel for their skill?

RIP_Lucas

Smash Apprentice
In defense of people who do that (I am one of them), there are many reasons people can do that. I am saying this from my point of view, so bear with me... You can just be outright boring to fight, if it goes to Sudden death or it is just a very boring match, I will outright quit after I win. Another thing is people have stuff to do, I am doing college and in highschool, so I will always play online if I can because offline does get boring, and if I have to leave I am not going to play more than one match. At least for me there have been many cases where I am already late because of the match, so another would just make it worse. The final thing is FG is casual, there is no rule saying I have to play you twice, if you want to bring out your main how about play him first instead, and get a feel for their skill?
My bad for not being at all considerate, that was just my rant. I don't blame anyone for leaving if they have stuff to do, or if the match portrayed me as a bad player not worth paying again (whenever I get olimar from random, the matches are so boring that I want to quit), but it seems like every time I play a decent player with one of my worse characters (say, Kirby), if it goes down to the wire, both on last stock >100%, whenever I win, they want a rematch, and whenever they win, they quit. It irks me to no end

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
The Spirit of the Game is to play with what you got. Just because it (a play style) is annoying to you, it doesn't make it any less viable. Winning should be about having fun and showing your skill while having fun.
Spammers, Taunters, and Dodge-Rollers are Technics of Play. If you don't learn how counter these, they will always be your down fall, especially if you take the game waaaaaayyy to seriously.

Don't put people(and thyself) in a standard of how you expect people to play.

#MindGames
#SSB3D

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
The Spirit of the Game is to play with what you got. Just because it (a play style) is annoying to you, it doesn't make it any less viable. Winning should be about having fun and showing your skill while having fun.
Spammers, Taunters, and Dodge-Rollers are Technics of Play. If you don't learn how counter these, they will always be your down fall, especially if you take the game waaaaaayyy to seriously.

#MindGames
#SSB3D
It's just a top

#MindGames
#SSB3D
It's just a topic wondering what people think, Also nice avatar.

Dead Man's Gun

Smash Rookie
when i'm in a falcon mirror match and the opponent does not taunt back and rushes in. annoys me more than people switching to little mac.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Normally I don't mind spam as I'm normally able to play around the situation. However, today I fought a Toon Link player who just spammed boomerang and arrows almost the entire match, with almost no variety in his move choice and the exact same pattern over and over again (boomerang > arrow > repeat). If I got close to him, he'd either take a few rolls away from me and continue the projectile spam, or on the rare occasion do a roll and follow with a forward smash. It was so ridiculous we actually went into Sudden Death. I have no idea why I couldn't get around his playstyle, I have before with other Link mains, but Toon Links seem to annoy me more. Makes me feel like such a noob :/.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Switching to Little Mac is annoying (albeit very fun to beat up), but the worst thing possible is probably when someone doesn't stop ROLLING! Ugh... It gets very annoying when an opponent continuously rolls, so much so that not a single attack hits them, and yet the somehow hit all their attack... -_-
Why is there an automatic assumption that switching to Little Mac is going to lose because they'll play him like a scrub? I mean, yes, there are a large amount of scrubs who play Little Mac online, but I switch to him after a match and have gotten a fair share of wins doing so. I don't switch because he's "OP" or anything like that, but because he can be hard to play and actually has good match-ups that my other mains may otherwise have trouble with. Mac isn't some 'scrub character' just because many scrubs think that he's easy to play and they're good with him. He's just played by lots of scrubs, but he can actually be difficult to play and is a good character.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Why is there an automatic assumption that switching to Little Mac is going to lose because they'll play him like a scrub? I mean, yes, there are a large amount of scrubs who play Little Mac online, but I switch to him after a match and have gotten a fair share of wins doing so. I don't switch because he's "OP" or anything like that, but because he can be hard to play and actually has good match-ups that my other mains may otherwise have trouble with. Mac isn't some 'scrub character' just because many scrubs think that he's easy to play and they're good with him. He's just played by lots of scrubs, but he can actually be difficult to play and is a good character.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to offend either Mac or Mac players, but generally 9 times out of 10, if someone switches to Little Mac, they're not very good as him. Now you do come across the odd pro Mac, and that's a fun, challenging match, but then there's a whole lot more players that use the predictable "run, punch, run, punch, instantly uses and misses KO punch" approach, and never work out exactly why you're standing at the edge, shield grabbing every time... -_-

To the players out there who love playing Mac and want to make him shine as a fighter, thank you. I mean no offence, you guys really make Mac a great character to fight, with more challenging, exciting matches, and you often remind me that not all Macs are "rage Macs", and there is still hope for the little boxer :)

Last edited:

Neil.

Smash Rookie
I'm guilty of this lol

Little Mac is such a brain dead, low skill-cap character in Sm4sh that anybody can pick him up immediately after getting stomped and have a reasonably good chance of winning.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I'm guilty of this lol

Little Mac is such a brain dead, low skill-cap character in Sm4sh that anybody can pick him up immediately after getting stomped and have a reasonably good chance of winning.
Two words... Shield grab... ;)

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I'm guilty of this lol

Brain-dead? At higher skill levels Mac can take a lot of skill to play effectively because of his huge weaknesses (recovery and grab range). Yes, it's easy to win with him at low skill levels, but to play effectively against skilled players he can take a lot of skill to use because of how easy it is to take a stock from him.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I hate fighting Lucarios, Links, Villagers and people wh like to make the match reaaaaaally loooong.
Y no like for Villager? o3o

Also I absolutely hate when someone just keeps rolling all over the place.

It makes killing them much more troublesome than necessary.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Y no like for Villager? o3o
A lot of Villagers online are extremely campy with their Lloid Rockets and it's very annoying to fight. The matches take ages and aren't fun when they're strectched out like that. I've no problem with people that play Villager properly, but some of these Villagers online will just spam side-special and when you get near they roll away and do it again.

D

Deleted member

When you beat a person so bad that they switch to Little Mac or a "top-tier" character (like Yoshi, Rosalina, Diddy Kong, and Sheik for example) in the second match. It's a clear sign that they are desperate and they only care about winning...
It's also funny how they switch to those characters and they horribly suck as them.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
A lot of Villagers online are extremely campy with their Lloid Rockets and it's very annoying to fight. The matches take ages and aren't fun when they're strectched out like that. I've no problem with people that play Villager properly, but some of these Villagers online will just spam side-special and when you get near they roll away and do it again.
Personally, I hardly ever see another Villager online. When I do, though, it's usually a nice fight. Guess yall might just be a bit unlucky in getting the noobVillagers =P

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
When you beat a person so bad that they switch to Little Mac or a "top-tier" character (like Yoshi, Rosalina, Diddy Kong, and Sheik for example) in the second match. It's a clear sign that they are desperate and they only care about winning...
It's also funny how they switch to those characters and they horribly suck as them.
I love that moment when you meteor smash a yoshi, It feels so satisfying.

Top Bottom