• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think is the most annoying thing people do on for glory besides spamming?T

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hate it when people SD on purpose at the beginning of the match. I don't know if it's some sort of boycott against Little Mac, or what, but they don't usually do that with any other character. (Happens when I play as Megaman sometimes as well).

As for character specifics.
I abhor spamming Links, lucky I found the perfect counter for them arrow spammers.
I also don't fancy Dark Pits who only spam Electro Arm. Not that I can't easily ridicule them, but it's just a boring fight. :/ Even the first Bowser from SMB takes more skill.

Other than that, I don't think I've faced too many annoying people online.

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
I hate it when people SD on purpose at the beginning of the match. I don't know if it's some sort of boycott against Little Mac, or what, but they don't usually do that with any other character. (Happens when I play as Megaman sometimes as well).

As for character specifics.
I abhor spamming Links, lucky I found the perfect counter for them arrow spammers.
I also don't fancy Dark Pits who only spam Electro Arm. Not that I can't easily ridicule them, but it's just a boring fight. :/ Even the first Bowser from SMB takes more skill.

Other than that, I don't think I've faced too many annoying people online.
WHAT!? I need to know how to beat the spammer links, those guys are a pain.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's satifying to meteor smash in general.

But personally I find joy in Meteor Smashing Marios........what? I'm not good against Marios.

Also a lot of people, when you beat them over and over, even try to switch over to the character you're using XDD

it's moreso flattering than annoying buuut XP

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie

But personally I find joy in Meteor Smashing Marios........what? I'm not good against Marios.

Also a lot of people, when you beat them over and over, even try to switch over to the character you're using XDD

i have actually spiked with Little mac once,

im srs

and i won.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

i have actually spiked with Little mac once,

im srs

and i won.
It's possible, if they're at high percent and/or suck at recovery, like another Little Mac.

I'd rather just do the elevator of doom though.

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie

It's possible, if they're at high percent and/or suck at recovery, like another Little Mac.

I'd rather just do the elevator of doom though.
)
Still, that just made me feel like chuck norris
I regret not saving it as a replay. *sigh*

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
When, after a series of excellent matches, your opponent blindsides you with their top-tier AAA pick and promptly leaves. Beyond cowardice and disrespect, it demonstrates a lack of appreciation for that certain adaptation- and strategy-aspect of Smash Bros. that helps make it such a great game.

EDIT: Regardless of how close the match was. Or perhaps, especially of how close it was. The point is, fear is the mind killer.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
It's just a topic wondering what people think, Also nice avatar.
True :) I was just tired and was sleep venting. I suppose some things I find annoying is that you can't use custom specials in for Glory or For Fun online with random people. That isn't really about the people, but rather the game. (Or that you can't use your Gold to unlock other things besides trophies.)

I think lag is probably the most annoying for both players, especially when the only online connection your opponent can have is very weak.
The real number 1 issue though, attitude. Sometimes you can sense when the other player is extremely ticked off, and that spoils the challenge for me. ^^;

P.S. Thanks!

JackD

Smash Rookie
I cannot stand characters with counters. People just mash down + b whenever they're in trouble and I have to sit there and wait for their active frames to go away before I can continue the beating. It's a terrible mechanic that sucks the fun out of combos.

Nintendo just didn't seem to know what to do with half the new characters introduced so they bestowed upon them the ability to turn purple and do a weird arm spasm, which for some reason makes them invincible.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I cannot stand characters with counters. People just mash down + b whenever they're in trouble and I have to sit there and wait for their active frames to go away before I can continue the beating. It's a terrible mechanic that sucks the fun out of combos.

Nintendo just didn't seem to know what to do with half the new characters introduced so they bestowed upon them the ability to turn purple and do a weird arm spasm, which for some reason makes them invincible.
You can always grab them while they're in the counter frames. Counter doesn't affect grabs. Unless they're in the air, in which case you can't do much except wait.

Last edited:

JackD

Smash Rookie
You can always grab them while they're in the counter frames. Counter doesn't affect grabs. Unless they're in the air, in which case you can't do much except wait.
I don't know anyone who uses their counter on the ground, they're always desperately mashing down + b to get out of combos. And if they're getting combo'd, they're in the air.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I don't know anyone who uses their counter on the ground, they're always desperately mashing down + b to get out of combos. And if they're getting combo'd, they're in the air.
A lot do, when you try to approach.

Tyketto

Smash Cadet
When I'm playing a match in For Glory, I finish, go for a second match, and then find he/she just changed to my own character. I feel like he/she is trying to ''teach me how to use my character''.
Same! It really comes across as cocky/arrogant when people do this to me.

Top Bottom