• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think are the worst games for each Smash character?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Based on this topic:
http://smashboards.com/threads/your-favorite-games-for-smash-bros-characters.365961

What do you think are the worst games for each Smash character?

Here is my opinions on this:

Super Mario: Mario & Friends: When I Grow Up
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr
Metroid: Metroid Prime Pinball
F-Zero: GP Legend
StarFox: Star Fox Assault (hurts ot say this but SF is just a great series and Assault is great just the least great of the lot.) SF2 was never finished so it doesn't count.
Punch-Out!: Super Punch Out
Yoshi: Yoshi's Story N64
Wario: Wario Land 4
Pokémon: Yellow
Kirby: Air Ride
Kid Icarus: Never played Uprising. So the NES version is the best and worst (being the only one I have played)
Pikmin: Pikmin 1
Sonic: Sonic 06
Pac-Man: Pac Man original
Mega Man: MM3D
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Xenoblade: Chronicles. I don't know if any other games exist. So being the only one means it's the best and worst.
Wii Fit: Not really a game but probably WiiFit plus.
Earthbound: Mother 3
Ice Climbers: NES version. Being the only one means it's the best and worst.
Duck Hunt: NES. Being the only one means it's the best and worst.
R.O.B.: The hardware itself. Like what the ****?
Snake: Solid 4
G&W: manhole

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Admittedly there are very few series where I have actually played all of the games in it. Also I'm going to avoid spinoffs just because I can.

Okay well from what I've played:
Super Mario: The original Super Mario Bros.
Zelda: Zelda II
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country 3
StarFox: Star Fox Command
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island (no, really. I really just don't like that game at all.)
Pokémon: Yellow
Kirby: Kirby's Adventure
Sonic: The original Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man: Megaman 2 (as far as classic Megaman goes, I've only played MM2 and MM9 and I consider MM9 to be better. I'm weird I know.)
Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem 7 (This is one of only 3 FE games I've played, mind you and I haven't got even close to finishing it so maybe my opinion will change later.)
Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace
Of the games I've played or tried (not saying these are the absolute worst but just from the ones I have played the quality isn't up to what I expected.) I'm actually quite surprised that the list is so short really. Or maybe I shouldn't be since Nintendo makes generally good stuff.

StarFox: Star Fox Adventures ;D (WELCOME TO KRAZOA PALACE!)
Super Mario (Including paper mario): Sticker Star/Super Paper mario, hard to tell which is worse. Probably sticker star.
Pikmin: Pikmin 2.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
you might be able to count the other xeno games monolith made which xenosage 2 is the worst of all 5 of the series imo
id also have to say shadow dragon was the worst fire emblem i have played, it just felt empty compared to the original

Last edited:

Spirst

Of the games I've played or tried (not saying these are the absolute worst but just from the ones I have played the quality isn't up to what I expected.) I'm actually quite surprised that the list is so short really. Or maybe I shouldn't be since Nintendo makes generally good stuff.

StarFox: Star Fox Adventures ;D (WELCOME TO KRAZOA PALACE!)
Super Mario (Including paper mario): Sticker Star/Super Paper mario, hard to tell which is worse. Probably sticker star.
Pikmin: Pikmin 2.
I hadn't played Sticker Star but I remember getting Super Paper Mario after having been enamored with The Thousand Year Door. Needless to say, it was very disappointing. It became Paper Super Mario World as opposed to having the fun RPG elements of the first two.

Wario: Wario Land 4
I'm interested that you said that since Wario Land 4 was my favorite Wario appearance. I always liked Wario Land more than Wario Ware.

gamer8

Smash Lord
It's kind of hard to say for some because some might have no bad games as you showed with Star Fox for example, and some series I just haven't really played so I'll just add on with what I don't agree with on your list.

Yoshi: Yoshi's Cookie is what I would say, I really loved Yoshi's Story and this is what I would substitute that with.
Pokemon: Battle Revolution

Hey You Pikachu was pretty annoying to me when I was younger but for some reason I kind of... liked it.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Xenoblade Chronicles is the only game in its series in a way, and it's the only one that features Shulk, but technically it is a successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga. I've only played XC, though, so I can't speak to how it compares.

As for FE, I think Path of Radiance definitely beats out Radiant Dawn for the best Ike game, but I think Shadow Dragon (which stars Marth) is far less enjoyable than either of those. That said, Shadow Dragon is the first game in the series, so it's at a bit of a disadvantage. Even its remake was pretty mediocre for a FE game, though. None of the characters had any personality, and the maps were really dull compared to more recent entries. I haven't played any of the really old Japan-only FE games, though, so I can't really speak to the quality of, say, Gaiden.

I would also say the original Metroid is my least favorite Metroid game. The lack of a map and absence of any way to either aim down or crouch to shoot short enemies makes the whole experience incredibly frustrating. It was great for its time, but it just feels aggravating now. That said, Zero Mission refined it into an awesome game. I haven't played Metroid Pinball, but I heard it was a pretty good pinball game.

I could pick any of the billion Pokemon spin-offs, but that would be too difficult to narrow down, so I'll just say my least favorite main-series Pokemon games are Diamond and Pearl. They felt incredibly bland to me, and I've never really liked the new Gen IV Pokemon. They're just feel forgettable and frequently overdesigned. The back half of the dex is basically proto-Mega Evolutions.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Super Mario: Sticker Star. Took everything everyone loved about Paper Mario and threw it out the window.
Zelda: Windwaker. Toon Link's entire saga. Don't like 'em, and they're not even fun to laugh at like Wand of Gamelon.
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Konga was fine, but not this)
Metroid: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (Ammo limits, dark worlds, swamps, everything I hate in games rolled into one)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity. Love all the games, just like this one the least.
StarFox: Anything but 64. Pretty sure 64's the only one I remotely enjoyed.
Punch-Out!: No opinion, not a lot to choose from.
Yoshi: Anything besides Yoshi's Island.
Wario: No opinion, barely played them.
Pokémon: X/Y. Zero mons I was interested in, no interesting new mechanics, ugly Megas, no love for 2nd Gen.
Kirby: Epic Yarn. Sakurai's work was glorious, Epic Yarn was not.
Kid Icarus: I'm gonna go with Myths and Monsters since it's the most obscure.
Pikmin: Brawl. Boring stupid character.
Sonic: Any of them without a Chao Garden. Alternately, 06.
Pac-Man: Atari version. Rivaled ET for killing the industry.
Mega Man: Battle Network. Love it in theory, but it'd be like putting Link in a highspeed sidescrolling platformer and calling it a good Zelda game.
Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo. Didn't really improve much over the original, wasn't as creative as Gaiden, and felt clunky compared to the later SNES games.
Animal Crossing: No opinion.
Xenoblade: Xenoblade. Good story, boring gameplay. Shouldn't have tried to be a WRPG, those bore me.
Wii Fit: No opinion.
Earthbound: Mother. Earthbound was great, Mother 3 was nice, Mother is fine but doesn't have the same charm.
Ice Climbers: No opinion.
Duck Hunt: Wii Play. Duck Hunt itself was glorious.
R.O.B.: Hah.
Snake: Metal Gear (NES). Entirely unintuitive.
G&W: Octopus.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Super Mario: Mario is Missing
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Donkey Kong: No comment
Metroid: Metroid Prime Pinball
F-Zero: No comment
StarFox: No comment
Punch-Out!: No comment
Yoshi: Yoshi's Story N64
Wario: Wario Master Of Disguise
Pokémon: Battle Revolution
Kirby: No comment
Kid Icarus: No worst game imo
Pikmin: No comment
Sonic: Sonic 06
Pac-Man: Some Pac Man New Adventures SNES game
Mega Man: I haven't played enough of the games to comment
Fire Emblem: No comment
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Xenoblade: No comment
Wii Fit: Plus.
Earthbound: Mother
Ice Climbers: Can't judge by one game.
Duck Hunt: Can't judge by 1 game.
R.O.B.: Gyromite I suppose?
Snake: VR Missions
G&W: no comment

*no comment indicates those I haven't played/haven't played enough.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Of series I've played extensively, and just from games I've played:

Mario - Mario Superstar Baseball or Mario Sports Mix. Just from the platformers, Super Mario Land. Sticker Star gets (dis)honorable mention as being the first Mario game I've owned nearly a year without completing it.
DK - Nothing yet; every one I've played has been equivalently solid.
Pokémon - Probably Diamond; it's the only one I own that I couldn't see replaying. (That and X, but its superior mechanics give it a pass.)
Mother - None are even close to bad. I couldn't rank them, honestly. I suspect if I had to choose, it'd be EarthBound, but it's still fantastic.
Kirby - Dream Land 2, mostly due to its cruddy controls and carrying no nostalgic weight to me.
Pac-Man - Pac-Man Plus. It's basically the original, but harder. (And stupidly random, ghosts occasionally not turning blue, etc.)

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Super Mario: I can't honestly think of one, not even one I enjoyed the least
Zelda: Zelda II / Twilight Princess (weakest 3D Zelda imo)
Yoshi: Yoshi's Story
Wario: Warioware DIY
Pokémon: X/Y (not necessarily the worst, but I felt that it was kinda underwhelming compared to the previous generation)
Sonic: Sonic '06
Mega Man: Mega Man X6 (music is good tho)
Animal Crossing: Wild World / City Folk (I do think that City Folk is the better game (content wise and what not), but the fact that its so similar to WW, I can see why people are so disappointed with it)
Earthbound: Mother (fo dat encounter rate)
Metal Gear: Metal Gear NES

D

Deleted member

Easily the worst game in the Xenoblade series is Xenoblade Chronicles. It's just terrible.

The best game in the series was Xenoblade Chronicles though. Man, that game was great. Why couldn't Xenoblade Chronicles be more like Xenoblade Chronicles?

don't mind me, just poking fun at people listing Xenoblade when only one game exists as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farorae

Smash Ace
Pokémon: probably one of those awful spinoffs with the rangers or something. Although I played that stupid Pokémon channel game on the GameCube but at the time my cousins and I loved that game even though it was basically pointless.
Sonic: Sonic Unleashed is not only one of the worst sonic games but one of the worst games I've ever played.
Zelda: Skyward Sword (I don't count the CD-i games and I haven't played them anyways)
Mario: I haven't played many Mario games that weren't party or kart, besides 3d world, so I'd have to say one of the Paper Mario games my brother had.
Kirby: I've only played a few Kirby games like air ride and one of the old ones on the game boy, but I have to say that new yarn Kirby looks absolutely dreadful aside from the artstyle so I'd have to say that one.

Narpas_sword

Metroid Prime Pinball was way better than Hunters, Mom, corruption and 2...

It definitely exceeded expectations. whereas those above were terrible let downs.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
People saying Yoshis Story was bad... All of my surprise. Yoshis Island DS was way worse. Or Yoshis Cookie. Even New Island wasn't as good. Smh

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
Some games on this list are great

Mario-
Mario's Time Machine
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong Country 3
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Metroid- Metroid Prime
Kirby- Nightmare on Dreamland
Fire Emblem- Fire Emblem
Pokemon - Hey You Pikachu
Xeno- Xenosaga
Mother- Mother 3
Sonic: Sonic Heroes
Megaman: Mega Man 64
Yoshi: Yoshi Story
F-Zero- F-Zero
Metal Gear: Metal Gear Solid 3
Pac Man- Ms Pac Man: Maze Madness

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
Super Mario: Mario Is Missing, maybe? Otherwise, Super Mario Bros. 2 I guess.
Zelda: Zelda II
Donkey Kong: 64, I guess. I only played DKC 1, 3, and 64.
Metroid: Probably the original since the controls are bad.
Pokémon: Pokemon Channel
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Sonic: Heroes

That's the only ones I've played enough games of to have a real opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's funny how the same game is often listed in both the best and worst categories.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Mario: Mario's preschool fun or whatever that nonsense was

Megaman: Megaman 8 and X7

Pacman: Pac Land actually was really bad, dunno why they are repping it in smash

Sonic: Sonic 06 (sonic boom wii u looks pretty bad too though)

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Haha, people picking Yoshi's Story over Yoshi Touch & Go. Then again, I'm probably the only person who knows that even exists. For those of you who don't know, it was pretty much a mini-game.

Nothing to say on the rest, I just wanted to say my choice for Yoshi.

Mario: Super Mario Land 2, the beloved one that introduced Wario. It was a bit on the lousy side; its control felt awkward and Mario's sprite was too big for the screen. The first SML was top notch.

Zelda: Though I haven't finished every Zelda game I've attempted, I've usually enjoyed them, but Minish Cap couldn't hold my interest for very long.

Metroid: Prime 2 was a little on the disappointing side compared to the first one. It felt like an inferior re-skin and having to dash to and hang around the light crystals on Dark Aether was such a bore chore. Made me snore.

Pokémon: Though I appreciate some of the changes under the hood, Diamond and Pearl had the most poor presentation and expansion of new Pokémon in the series' history. Yellow is also poor for being loaded with references to the cartoon. Did we need a game based on a cartoon based on a game?

Fire Emblem: I've actually only tried one, and it was the one with Lyn in it. After playing for a good long while and feeling like I was in a never-ending tutorial level, I put it down. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, since I do like games like Shining Force.

Ice Climber: The game's not so good; it's a miracle that its characters were reinvented for Smash Bros.

Kid Icarus: I only played the NES one and didn't really like it. I just don't care for vertically-oriented platformers, apparently.

Sonic: Sonic Heroes was the one that made me quit the series, and that was a decade ago. The Adventure games had given the series good momentum and they killed it with such a childish and poorly-made game. Apart from that, a lot of the Sonic games made for 8-bit systems like the Game Gear were painfully lacking; the original game's action required all sixteen of its bits.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Sticking to officially licensed entries so bull**** like Mario's Early Years & Faces of Evil don't clutter up the thread

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (pretty much the antithesis of good RPG design in every sense of the word)
DK: King Of Swing (awkward looking mediocre spinoff)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Legend of Zelda: Capcom Version is a more apt name, villains are bland too. Not BAD, just not great)
Metroid: Other M (self-explanatory)
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (WarioWare Twisted gone horribly horribly wrong with vomit inducingly dated graphics. Only positive about it is the "But Yoshi was not amused." screen)
Kirby Mouse Attack (not bad at all, although it is super easy and has a plot that's so bad it's beyond parody. Kirby's a strong series generally)
StarFox Command (StarFox fanfiction put into a game)
Pokemon Channel (literally the only positive is that if you lived in Britain like me you get a free Jirachi for suffering through the game)
F-Zero (only played the original and X, and I found the original weaker)
Can't talk about MOTHER
Can't talk about Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus (it's kind of hilarious to compare and contrast this to Uprising. Who the hell thought making the first few levels of the game the most punishingly difficult was a good idea?)
Wario World (played it when I was younger and it just... didn't engage me much)
Can't talk about Pikmin as I've openly played the 1st game and loved it to bits
Sons of Liberty (only played it & 1, and 1 was by far the more engaging game. Still great tho)
Sonic Labyrinth (lets take a series about the fastest hedgehog alive and turn it into Adventures of Lolo with abhorrently terrible controls while taking away any semblance of speed. GENIUS. Anybody saying 06 is worse has clearly never actually played Labyrinth)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (only played this and the Gamecube version, Wild World just bored me, and I was super butthurt the NES games were gone, genuinely loved playing them when I was bored)
Mega Man XOver (objectively the worst game out of all of the ones I've listed. It's like a really poorly made flash game only it was officially made to celebrate Mega Man's 25th Anniversary. Has to be seen to be believed)
Can't talk about Wii Fit
Can't talk about Punch-Out since I've only played the NES version
Ms. Pac Man: Maze Madness (doubt it's a bad game but my Pac-Man exposure is very limited and this was the worst one I played)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Uhhhh...I never really liked threads like this. But I still think it sounds fun. Going to say "least good" unless said character really has a game I hate. Also going with Nintendo Internal developed games or IS/Monolith developed (although honestly Shulk isn't going to get mentioned here, because one game cannot be rated best or worst in a series of one.), or third party specific, because stuff like Mario is Missing or Wand of Gamelon are such clear failures they don't belong, and would never be mentioned in Smash anyway.

Mario series: See, Mario games are all pretty much incredibly solid. So...least good, I guess would be Super Mario Bros. 2? Excluding that one, probably Super Mario Bros. U. It was fine, just had the least impact on me overall.

DK series: Jungle Beat. Absence of other canonical Kongs, Kremlings, Animal Buddies or even just ****ing DIDDY of all things to leave out, just made me really angry. It's just not DK without most of those things to me. Blame growing up with DKC 1-3 if you want.

Zelda series: Zelda II. I know this is going to be a popular pick, but I actually have played it all the way through though, so I have my legitimate reasons. It's hard to tell what's going on half the time, the dungeons are fine, but the overworld segments are incredibly taxing and until you get the hammer, being sent back to Zelda's sleeping bedside every time you game over is a real pain in the ass. The Great Palace was nice and all, but I kept getting lost in the ****ing random extra parts of it that don't even connect to the actual end. Just...ugh. It was still generally solid for the time, but definitely my least favorite. I think they should explore unconventional styles like this in the future for Zelda though!

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl: Because putting Hey You, Pikachu here is way too easy, I wanted to pick something more meaningful. The 4th gen to me, despite having amazing starters and being generally good, is still the weakest in my opinion. The pace of the first two games was really slow, you couldn't get a decent fire type if you didn't pick Infernape, so if you want a Fire type, but don't want the Fire starter you're **** out of luck unless you like Ponyta. (Ugh.) I dunno, just...not my favorite. Platinum fixed most of my complaints though!

Punch-Out!!: Super Punch-Out!!: It was fun and all, but I was always sad about how "not Little Mac" that guy that was supposed to be Mac was. Bob Charlie is incredible, though. 10/10.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals/Binding Blade/Roy Game: Look, most of the units in that game are fine. Roy's just...terrible, to OK later on. The story is 7's, but less interesting, and Roy is an incredibly bland character. I just never got any particular vibe from the entire game that it was anything special to the series.

Kirby: Kirby's Dreamland (Gameboy): See, part of the joy of Kirby was the Copy powers, and as far as I remember, playing it as a kid, it didn't have any. Just...sigh. (I know it was technically the first one, so they hadn't thought of that yet, but it wasn't the first I played, so it was an incredible downer.)

Metroid: Other M: Wow, I know, such a no-brainer here. Look, I try my best to actually play all the main series Nintendo games. If you can give me a clear answer to who the ****ing "Deleter" was, and how the story isn't actually bull****, I'll believe you. Otherwise, the gameplay was solid, but I just can't forgive the remarkably poor writing, and that can't be blamed on Team Ninja, who only handled the part of the game that was good.

Animal Crossing: City Folk, I guess? It or Wild World has the lowest impact on me. New Leaf is pretty good and gotta love the original.

Pikmin: Pikmin 3: This isn't really "worst" considering all the games in this series are masterpieces. Pikmin 2 remaining one of my all-time favorite games. I just...have to pick one, and the Plasm Wraith pissed me off alot (and I just finished the game today, actually, so it's fresh.)

Kid Icarus: Kid Icarus: (Wow). I mean, I haven't played Of Myths and Monsters because I'm terrible, so I can really only compare two here, but Uprising is amazing, and the original is...Ok, I guess. So...here it goes.

Starfox: Command. It's the only answer. I actually liked Assault, too.

Mega Man: Mega Man 1: It feels like the one that's aged the least well, and I always just enjoyed it the least.

Sonic: I wish I could comment, because I've only ever actually finished SA2, and liked it.

Yoshi: Touch n' Go, I suppose.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Super Mario: New Super Mario Bros. series
Zelda: Skyward Sword (it's not anywhere near bad, just not as good as the other 3D Zeldas, which are mainly what I have played)
Donkey Kong: No idea
Metroid: I have little experience with Metroid
F-Zero: Never played
StarFox: Never played
Punch-Out!: No opinion
Yoshi: Does Yoshi have a series? Probably have to go with the puzzle Yoshi on the NES. I hate puzzle games.
Wario: No opinion.
Pokémon: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Kirby: Air Ride
Kid Icarus: Never played.
Pikmin: No opinion
Sonic: Hardly played any Sonic games.
Pac-Man: ^^
Mega Man: ^^
Fire Emblem: ^^
Animal Crossing: City Folk (and not merely as "more of the same", City Folk was very poorly done)
Xenoblade: Never played.
Wii Fit: Never played.
Earthbound: Never played.
Ice Climbers: No opinion.
Duck Hunt: No opinion.
R.O.B.: No opinion.
Snake: Never played.
G&W: Never played.

And now you all know why I would never call myself a 'gamer'. lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since I can't think of much right now, I'm doing this in two ways - first being worst game the character was featured in, and the game to feature the worst portrayal of a character. The former, in some cases, could actually have a great portrayal of the character, while the latter could be a good or even awesome game, in some cases.

Mario:
Super Mario Sunshine (purely think the game is worse than other main series games, still good though - I can't really say any portrayal of Mario is particularly bad, since it's never particularly good)
Sonic: Sonic '06 or Sonic Chronicles (the latter is actually an OK game IMO but the portrayal of Sonic is terrible, even if I can get some laughs from it. Sonic '06 is one of my least favourite games and also has a terrible portrayal of Sonic)
Rosalina: Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7 (MKWii wasn't a game I liked very much so it's the worst game to feature her IMO, but Mario Kart 7 had the worst portrayal of Rosalina herself. Really didn't like her voice actress in that, she swung between sounding like Peach or a nasally 40 year old)
Mega Man: Mega Man X6 or Mega Man 8 (X6 is just a mess of a game with a lot of problems and is quite clearly rushed. Mega Man 8 I haven't played much of so it's probably a fine game from what I have played, but it's portrayal of Mega Man is hilariously bad, he sounds more feminine than Roll)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Mario - The Lost Levels. Really punishing to the point of unfun.
Zelda - Spirit Tracks. No exploration. Puzzle solving hampered by the low resolution. Bad controls.
Metroid - Other M. A piece of **** in every sense of the word.

DK - DKC3. Unmemorable. No DK or Diddy.
Kirby - No Comment
Star Fox - Adventures. Button Mashing Mini-Games that are required to beat it. UGH.

F-Zero - GX. Just too hard.
Kid Icarus - Of Might and Monsters. Just...uh...yeah...you wouldn't know it exists.
Fire Emblem - No Comment

Mega Man - X7. BURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNTOTHEGROUNDBURNTOTHEGROUND
Sonic - Shadow the Hedgehog. At least you could learn bad design with Sonic 06.
Pac-Man - Every non-traditional Pac-Man game

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm going to try and stray away from spin-offs as best as I can.

Mario: Super Mario 64. I didn't grow up with the Nintendo 64, so all I get out of it playing its games are shaky platformers with horrible cameras and unreliable controls, and SM64 is a very big offender of this.
Donkey Kong: Probably the original arcade one, it just feels clunky and doesn't have much going on.
Zelda: Spirit Tracks didn't seem very good in the time I actually played it.
Pokémon: Pokémon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. Terrible and rushed story, lame new Pokémon designs, slow as hell gameplay, forgettable region, bleh.
Kirby: Kirby's Epic Yarn, it just doesn't feel or play like a Kirby game. Glad they threw this on Yoshi instead, fits him much better.
Metroid: Prime Hunters, my fingers cramp from playing the game, the story mode is so uninspired with the same two rehashed boss fights, and the Hunters themselves are incredibly forgettable. Other M is the worst if you consider this a spin-off.
Mother: Mother 3. I just don't get why it's so popular, it adds half-assed gameplay additions like the rhythm mechanic, it's typically linear as opposed to its two free predecessors, only two of your team members are worth ****, and the story fails at building itself up to a point where I care, it just happens and suddenly I'm supposed to be sad for something I don't know anything about. It feels like it takes more away from the franchise than it gives.
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island DS, its level design is just bland and boring, I like the different baby mechanics but aside from that it doesn't even have half the charm of the original. Never tried the 3DS one.
Wario: WarioWare anything pretty much, I don't care about all the new random characters and the frantic style of the game annoys me. Please make a new Wario Land again.
F-Zero: Probably GX, I like the SNES and 64 ones, but this one just cranks it up a bit too much, it's hard to properly get to react to anything. The tracks didn't feel all that great to me either.
Sonic: Pretty much all of the early 3D games are pretty terrible if only because of their controls, but 06 still has to take the cake.

The rest of the franchises I either haven't played (Wii Fit, Metal Gear), I don't care enough about (Star Fox, Kid Icarus) or I haven't played any of the bad games yet (Mega Man, Fire Emblem.)

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
So many people think Diamond and Pearl are the worst...? I mean, they aged better than all three Gen 1 games, didn't try to reboot the series (Gen 5) and didn't throw dumb game mechanics all over the place in an attempt to keep the series "fresh" *coughMegascough* (Gen 6) but okay...

Though I guess that's probably why people don't like them. Sinnoh was the last region where Gamefreak focused on building the formula instead of scrapping it and trying something new. Oh yeah, and they have less content than their successor, Platinum. Maybe I should go post a stupidly long thing in the other thread about why I love the Sinnoh games lol.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice

My reflexive brainwave upon considering the subject. The game's omnipresent horrendousnous is so powerful, it warps the very fabric of reality and worstens all aspects of the universe simply by having existed. It is therefore the worste game for all characters ever, as it taints video game past, present, and future like a malevolent cancer.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Mario: 3D World, ****ty camera and depth perception make the experience really unenjoyable, annoying music, far too much time spent between levels
Pikmin: Either 1 or 3. 1 was glitchy and lacked the depth of later games, Pikmin 3 was too linear. I love every game in this series tho
Zelda: Spirit Tracks, too much train
Mega Man: Not much experience with this series, but I'd have to say Mega Man 1 is my least favourite of the games I've played; frustratingly difficult and has less levels than later games in the series
Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl or Black/White

Top Bottom